• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Movie That You Watched

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Watchmen - 8/10

Interesting superhero movie with awesome action sequences, wacky special effects at points, a cool noir setting, and an exorbitance of bareness (looking at you, Doc M; put some clothes on). Also, Rorschach is best Batman impersonator.

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
The Aeronauts 8/10

It was a pretty good film. It isn’t very true to history though, they switched one important charcter from history and made up a new one. But I still enjoyed it, it has very good visuals.

It’s about James Glaisher and Amelia Wren. They are trying to beat the record of the French, who flew up in a hot air balloon. It takes place in the 1800’s somewhere.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
The Art of Self Defense

I liked the style and the comedy of this movie, and the first half does a good job highlighting hypermasculinity and how some men have unhealthy and unnecessary rules for being masculine. It loses me in the third act where I think it struggles focusing on a showdown between the two main characters instead of doing anything with the themes. The female character was also confusing to me because the movie showed her in a positive light simply because shes a woman and is oppressed by the system, despite being fully committed to the philosophy of the system.

6/10
-----------------------------------------
The Lovebirds

You've seen this movie before. This movie really doesn't bring anything unique. It's the classic "two comedians play a regular couple with relationship problems that get roped into a world of crime and espionage." I'm pretty sure half the tropes it ripped straight from Date Night. Kumail Nanjiani and Issa Rae are funny, but they never really get a chance to shine. Most of their humor comes from them both just talking over each other while being nervous (which is a good bit, but it was a bit overdone).

3/10

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Oh I've been busy watching movies lately :D So I'll keep it with the most recent ones.
Dead Silence - 9/10. Personally I thought the movie was creepy and entertaining. It had some jumpscares in it and dolls....heck the dolls in movies are always creepy! I love the twist at the end. It was creepy as ****! Yes there are way better movies out there and this one sure isn't the best ever made for sure but it was a fun time watching :D

Dead Con - 4/10. Really? There is so much wrong with this movie I don't even know where to begin! They should at least have given the story a proper explanation. Yeah, possibly for the sequals in the future. But this movie sucks so much it feels like I wasted one hour and a half of my life!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom