• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Movie That You Watched

Your Name: 9/10

The first anime movie I've watched aside from Pokemon.
Damn. I don't know why, but it really touched me. I cried.

I've started doing things that i'd usually get mocked for, and watching anime is one of those things.
And god, it feels good to do whatever the hell I want without caring what others think.

Your Name is great. If you liked it keep an eye out for anything Shinkai does.

My personal favourite is 5cm Per Second. Its amazing.

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker - 3/10

What the hell was that?!

I'm not a Star Wars fan and bloody hell am I glad not to be.

This film was so damn stupid and dumb. I could go on for quite some time about how awful this was but I'm not going to waste my time. This film has had enough of that already.

John Wick (first one) - 8/10
I really enjoyed it. The only reason I didn't rate it higher is because it was absolute bloodbath and that makes me a little queasy o_O
and yeah, i get that it's supposed to be, and it's how I expected it.

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
A Silent Voice 10/10

This movie was amazing! It was a touching and emotional anime. I wouldn’t recommend it to people under 12 though; there is some suicide attempts that other people rescued them from, and some bad language, but that’s it. The story is about a deaf girl, and how a boy, who bullied her in his past, tries to make amends. It was really good, I loved it. Have you seen it??

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
Jongens

A really great coming of age LGBT themed film from the Netherlands. Had some of the expected tropes of the genre, but at the same time, it managed to not fall into the same traps that other stories in this category tend to. Characters and relationship progression were definitely believable though the short run length of the film for me was a slight negative. Would have liked a bit more background on certain elements that came up, but wasn’t a dealbreaker on enjoyment. Overall, a very solid 8.5/10.

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
Knives Out

Was my favorite film of the year. Fantastic cast, some good twists. Really an intelligent film. Would high recommend it.

Monty Python's Meaning of Life - watched for the late, great Terry Jones, especially the Mr Creosote sketch. I loved it and quoted along with it most of the way through. It does lumber along a bit in the middle but picks up again at the end. RIP Mr Jones. 4/5

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
Hævnen (In A Better World) [Dir. Translation is apparently Vengeance]

This film was great. It showed a parallel of violence in an African war zone contrasted to that in a more domestic setting. The story focuses in on two families and how their intersected lives and ideals of morality and violence affect them. As with most Danish films, it has a great melancholy tone to the film though does slip into melodrama on occasion, it’s definitely worth a watch. Solid 8/10 for me.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Finally got to see it!!!

Godzilla: King of the Monsters - 9/10

I loved it! The previous Zilla film was great, but this one has it beat by miles. The inclusion of all the other monsters was cool, and watching the main ones duking it out was awesome! Cannot wait until we get Godzilla vs Kong, the original was such a cool concept but they screwed up King Kong's depiction. I'm glad its finally going to be re-done and I have high hopes for it. But yeah, this was the best direction to go with Godzilla for sure. I have only one nitpick, was it really necessary to awaken as many monsters as they did for the film? Mainly Godzilla, Ghidora, and to a lesser extent Mothra got the most screentime. Rodan was at least mentioned by name and had a decent bit of screentime. All the other monsters weren't shown as much or even named, I think the film could have done without them. I guess the only redeeming part was seeing them all bow to Godzilla, solidifing his status as the King of Monsters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom