• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Movie That You Watched

Wounds - a bad bar fight leads to a bartender finding a phone with disturbing images and then his world unravels into a WTF ending that makes you wonder if it was brilliant or utter guff. 5/10...would give it another mark just for Zazie Beetz, she's rather lovely in this.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Star Wars marathon part 1: Attack of the Prequels

Episode I: The Phantom Menace - 6.5/10
The movie really does take a hit from Jar Jar Binks and his nonsensical jargon that'd be impossible to decipher without subtitles. Years ago, I'd considered this one of my favorites in the series, but now it's a rather tedious watch with the standard brand of X character dropping one-liners after doing something. Apart from that one cool lightsaber truel, the film dips in quality and intellect as it goes on. How wude!

Episode II: The Close Wars
- 9/10
For a story that takes awhile to get going, the ultimate conclusion is a fascinating clash between two forces. The entirety of the Jedi Order storming into the coliseum and finally getting to show their stuff is cool as heck. To top it all of, the Yoda vs. Count Dooku fight is still the best in the series despite being woefully short. Unfortunately, most of the leadup to the rescue falls short due to entire expositions about democracy and sand. Also, emo Ani.

Episode III: Revenge of the Sith - 7.5/10
Fitting enough for the end of the first trilogy, but there was a lot of room for improvement. The other movies couldn't have made it more apparent who the Sith Lord was, and this film lifts the curtain within the first hour or so. Watching the Emperor rise to power was interesting enough; sadly the same can't be said for the other characters as they have developed little to none since the outset. Anakin is still arrogant and whiny, making his descent into lust for power almost unbearably unpredictable. Considering that this is the origin story for one of the most iconic villains in cinema, Revenge of the Sith never had the high ground in terms of memorability. It's not fair!

Tune in next week for part 2: Undisclosed Sequel Title!

i don't know what i'm doing here kek

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Midway - 9/10

Roland Emmerich delivers. Going in to historical war movies, I'm always eager to see what's true and what gets movied up for better showing. The Battle of Midway is one of those historical events that practically writes the movie script itself.

Beginning with the Japanese surprise attack on Pearl Harbor and touching on a few of the significant battles leading up to Midway, the movie follows the heroic exploits of American and Japanese sailors and airmen and the American intelligence gatherers and code breakers who were instrumental in thwarting Japan's attempted surprise takeover of Midway Atoll.

Plenty of authentic history, solid acting with accurate portrayals and - of course - CGIsplosions! rock this magnificent big screen testament to all the brave souls who fought and died in that pivotal battle.

Jumanji - 2/10

The original Jumanji was brilliant but not even Dwayne Johnson can save this flaming wreckage of a film.
I hate movies that pretend to be video games with a passion and this film didn't do anything big or clever with the concept to make it interesting.

Complete trash

Jojo Rabbit 9/10

Was as good as the trailer promised, my favourite film so far this year. Funny and serious at the same time.

Salem

SICK
Adams Family (2019). 7/10

Not terrible, but I the plot felt like it should have been a couple of TV show episodes, not a story for a feature length movie.

Once upon a time in Hollywood 8/10

No idea why i enjoyed it, nothing happens, not really a story but a fun stylish take on a buddy movie. Violence made me wince though
:)
i am getting old.

Fighting With My Family - 7½/10. True story about a wrestler from Norwich making it big in the WWE. Quite funny and quite touching in places. Recommended.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Star Wars marathon part 2: The Sequels Strike Back

Episode IV: A New Hope - 6/10
There's really not a whole lot to say about this one, but it gets the job done as far as laying the foundation for the rest of the series. I found it hard to sit back and enjoy the film as a whole given the large amounts of downtime between each action scene, and some of the effects are aged poorly despite being on screen for two seconds. And is it just me, or is the Obi vs. Vader duel the weakest lightsaber fight? It just boils down to them poking sticks at each other. By the way, Greedo totally shot first!

Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back - 8/10
Yeesh, that abominable snowpuppet looks so fake it's almost believably scary. I never really cared for this installment, but at least the pacing is a lot better and there are more action scenarios. It might have something to do with the "love triangle" being entirely weird in one spectrum, and the plot twist at the end cemented that notion growing up. Luke's duel against Vader is one of the coolest in the series, though. Like father, like son.

Episode VI: Return of the Jedi - 9.5/10
One of the biggest draws to the Star Wars universe is the prominent struggle between light and darkness, and EpVI delivers that in spades. After the stellar infiltration and escape from Jabba's palace, this final entry picks up steam as the Rebels move to take out a rebuilt Death Star. Luke gives himself up, turns Vader against the Emperor, and takes his dying father's helmet off to reveal that James Earl Jones isn't who he used to be. The Force works in mysterious ways... :suspicious:

Tune in next month(!?) for part 3: Undisclosed Trequel Title!

Twenty Feet From Stardom - 6/10
Kinda just as expected. Very interesting, but left me feeling a little depressed that such talented people can't make it "big" in comparison to the nonsense that is churned out nowadays. (and even back then)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom