• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Movie That You Watched

Triple Frontier on Netflix

hmmm - very average - not particularly gripping, most of the action scenes are in the trailer, dragged on a bit. Nothing new about it.

Looked great in the trailer but at best 6/10.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
Capt america civil war umm confused Dizzi.. can someone explain what happened...and i watched the one with capt americas friend being the bad but not...

Last edited:
Blade Runner 2049 - 7/10

Stylish, and a fairly decent attempt at continuing the story from the first film.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
The Day After Tomorrow - 7/10

Overall it's a good film with a good cast - Dennis Quaid is a great actor, and so is Jake Gyllenhaal. The plot is decent, but it is plagued with some bad writing in terms of scenarios in my opinion (but this a typical trend for most films of a similar theme, to be fair). For example, that group of oceanographers in Scotland headed by the actor Ian Holm don't even try to survive the coming freeze, and it bothers me! They have a bunch of computers, so I'm willing to bet they are using either a gas or propane furnace to avoid taxing the electricity; at one point one of them says "We're all out of propane" and this is the moment they decide to drink some Scotch and give up, so I'll lean towards the latter. Well you need vents to expel the carbon - sure you ran out of propane, but gut that thing and start using it to build a fire instead damn it! At least try!

Another nitpick I have is how Sam Hall's group handles building a fire in the library's fireplace. They use books - but bulk books would be terrible for building a fire to start it out. You'd definitely want some books to rip the paper out to start a fire easily, but you'd want wood ideally, and there was plenty of wood in that library. Start breaking down all the tables and chairs, and even the bookcases. Get some good pieces together for kindling, which shouldn't be hard to do (really bust up some chair legs, or something to get some small pieces). Build a proper fire, and if you do run out of wood, books can be ok, just lay them in opened, not closed because they won't burn unless your fire is super hot. Also, the dumbest scene of the film is when Sam, Brian, and JD narrowly escape the eye of the super storm that has air which can instantly freeze anything. They make it into the fireplace room, seal the door, and proceed to toss a bunch of books into the fire!!!

Z6O10U.gif

NO! STOP! You'll spoil it of oxygen, and you're not opening up the books! You would have died! Goodness, this is cringe-worthy!

Don't even get me started on the scene in Californa when Tornadoes suddenly develop and people decide rushing outside to take a look is a great idea...

DemandingFrightenedDeinonychus-small.gif

As much as I bash on this film, don't get me wrong, it's a good movie and I like it. I think maybe even the bad portions are part of the appeal to me at this point - it's so cheesy and dumb at points that it's good.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom