• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Movie That You Watched

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Staff member
Knives Out 7/10

I went into this hoping we'd get a classic "whodunnit" mystery based on the trailers, but this isn't really what we got. But it still was at the same time? I enjoyed the concepts of the whodunnit and the cat&mouse plotline kind of happening in the movie, but I thought the mystery was a bit too obvious. The movie doesn't attempt to give you any red herrings, so once you realize there's a mystery it's kind of obvious and underwhelming.
Also, the movie has a major plot hole in explaining how Fran died. A major part of the conflict is the 10 minutes it takes for a morphine overdose to kill you but Fran survived for a whole 2 hours? I was expecting them to reveal that Chris Evans had an accomplice here but nah, it's just a plot hole.
Other than the "mystery", I enjoyed the casting of this movie. The family and their quirky dynamic was fun to watch. I wish the family was more central to the conflict aside from being barely more than a backdrop. Jamie Lee Curtis, Toni Collette, and Michael Shannon were definitely my favorites to watch.

Princess Mononoke - 10/10

My all time favourite ghibli film and now pretty much BotW the movie.

I actually wished that Zelda in BotW, before she was revealed would have been like San. A wild girl living off the land and being one with nature and the spirits having lost her throne to Ganon.

Maybe next time.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Pokemon - Mewtwo strikes back evolution. 10/10. I have seen the first one and I loved it. I saw this one and I still love it. Story never gets old and come on it's Mewtwo :D Nothing can go wrong with that one now can it? I do enjoy the pokemon movies more than most cinema flicks :D
CGI was horrible but I love the movie too much to give it lower rates

Giri

தமிழன்டா!
ZD Legend
Don Verdean 3/10. Basically a guy fakes up historical evidences to promote faith in religion. Absolute nonsense about Goliath's skull.
Please don't watch it.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Insidious (first movie) 6/10. Very predictable, visuals are way too dark so half of the time you hear screams but don't see a ****. The story itself wasn't that bad if they did something more to it. Yeah, making Insidious 2, 3 and 4. But that's not what I meant :P

The conjuring 2/10. Very over the top. Again, way too many dark visuals, again a basement (always the basements eh )

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
ZD Legend
After The Rise of Skywalker came out on iTunes, I decided to do a sequel trilogy marathon, and here's how it turned out

Star Wars: The Force Awakens - 7/10
Star Wars: The Last Jedi - 6/10
Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker - 5/10

In other words, they get progressively worse with each installment. The first movie is actually quite enjoyable, the cast is likable and it feels like you're on a journey. Nothing to write home about, but at the very least, it's a good watch. The Last Jedi suffers from more major issues, such as a monotonous plot, filler content and some jarring tonal changes. The Rise of Skywalker rests it's case by introducing a hat-trick of some of the lamest plot twists I've ever seen.

Overall a meh trilogy. At least the prequels had a concrete vision behind them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Top Bottom