• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Movie That You Watched

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
2001: A Space Odyssey - 9/10

That acid trip right at the end, though. It's no wonder this is Kojima's favorite film, because the build up to that head-flip of an ending was a slow tension burn that's right up his alley. Space Odyssey is touted as one of the biggest must-watch films for a reason, and despite the meticulous deep-dive into the menial filler goings-on aboard a shuttle, I agree that everyone should experience it at least once. Existentialism has always been one of the main draws to any genre for me, and this thematic approach is no exception. I guess you could almost call it xeno in nature.

Murder on the Orient Express, been meaning to watch this for a while but decided to watch it after watching Murder Mystery, based on the same theme but with out the comedy.

Thinking about reading book now.

6/10

Haunt- 4/10
Meh, standard by the numbers ghost horror with all of the expected tropes and none of them done very well.

The Devil Inside- 2/10
This film wants to be the next Seven, it isn't all. Eric Bana drops the ball as a lead actor, nobody else is trying, there are bizarre soundtrack choices and everything is dull.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
Harry potter and the games one, 6/10 woulda been better with subtitles functioning properly...

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Detective Pikachu 7.5/10

The movie was cute and all of the pokemon looked incredible. It is truly a feat that they managed to bring all of these cartoony creatures to life in a way that rarely looks odd (my favorite thing to do was look at extras and how they clearly never knew where a pokemon was fully supposed to be). Overall, the movie was okay for a kids movie. The villain is predictable and the plots kind of all over the place. My biggest issue is the villains big plan in the finale.
The entire finale is built around a rule that is never established in the movie. I've never played the game, so I don't know how it works there. But Mewtwo having the power to merge humans and pokemon as long as the pokemon is in a deranged state just happens out of nowhere. It's not foreshadowed, its not hinted. It felt like the writers had ideas for plots; the villain is producing a drug that makes pokemon crazy, the villains is genetically engineering pokemon, and the villain wants to turn people into pokemon. Instead of using one of these or making the connections interesting, it ends up feeling like these three schemes are just mashed together.

I hope that this movie does unlock the potential for more pokemon movies in the future, because I wouldn't mind seeing more pokemon on the silver screen. Honestly, seeing them all brought to life was a magical feeling.

Detective Pikachu 7.5/10

The movie was cute and all of the pokemon looked incredible. It is truly a feat that they managed to bring all of these cartoony creatures to life in a way that rarely looks odd (my favorite thing to do was look at extras and how they clearly never knew where a pokemon was fully supposed to be). Overall, the movie was okay for a kids movie. The villain is predictable and the plots kind of all over the place. My biggest issue is the villains big plan in the finale.
The entire finale is built around a rule that is never established in the movie. I've never played the game, so I don't know how it works there. But Mewtwo having the power to merge humans and pokemon as long as the pokemon is in a deranged state just happens out of nowhere. It's not foreshadowed, its not hinted. It felt like the writers had ideas for plots; the villain is producing a drug that makes pokemon crazy, the villains is genetically engineering pokemon, and the villain wants to turn people into pokemon. Instead of using one of these or making the connections interesting, it ends up feeling like these three schemes are just mashed together.

I hope that this movie does unlock the potential for more pokemon movies in the future, because I wouldn't mind seeing more pokemon on the silver screen. Honestly, seeing them all brought to life was a magical feeling.

I thought exactly this too. It was a fun film but... yeaaaaaah....
The Mewtwo merging humans into Pokemon came out of nowhere and buggered it up a bit for me.

21 Jump Street - 10/10. They really caught lightning in a bottle with this one. The characters are believable, there is a fair bit of heart / some feels and oodles of utterly bizarre, seemingly completely ab libbed dialogue. There are soooo many funny lines.

Mido

Version 1
Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse

source.gif

Ultimately, I had an absolute blast with it. Stellar characters, gripping story, cool animation; the list can go on!

toonlink

Most Active Inactive User
Shin Godzilla - 10/10

My favorite piece of media Hideaki Anno has ever made. It's an amazing kaiju movie, every aspect of the movie is just great, from the dry humor to the ridiculous name/job-title gags to the wonderful special effects. Godzilla is one of the cutest looking giant monsters I've ever seen, but this movie makes him damn terrifying, instilling a sense of dread that hasn't been stronger since the original 1954 Godzilla.

Geostorm - 4/10

Turned off brain and it was alright. Engaged 10% of my brain and it starts to unravel quickly lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom