• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Movie That You Watched

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Gone Girl - 8/10 a complete mind **** of a movie. Really. Loved how manipulative she was and how the ending was just him conceding like "damn, I'm definitely stuck with her for life".
I honestly only want to see that movie because Trent Reznor did the soundtrack

Mido

Version 1
Hercules: B

It's been a while since I've last seen Disney's Hercules, and I enjoyed it this time just like all the others. I guess the more I think about it, there are things I both appreciate and not like as much. The songs I find as a whole are underrated as a unit. I've always liked "Go the Distance"; but "I won't say I'm in love" has become a new favorite for this guy. Hades is still great, as is all the other good stuff. There isn't anything I absolutely loath about it, but overall, it's a fun one.

Acts of Vengeance 7/10

It was a pretty action packed movie. A lot of fight scenes and a pretty good plot. I would recommend watching it. Probably not a rewatcher thouigh.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Divergent - 9/10

Another dystopian future set after a time of war 100 years past where humanity has established factions to govern their respective values and responsibilities (a la Hunger Games)? The lead actress comes off as more natural than Katniss personally and, apart from some predictable moments, moves the plot forward quite nicely.

Star Wars, Episode VIII: The Last Jedi - 7/10

Somehow survived going without seeing this movie until now without being exposed to critical spoilers, save for that lovely fluke on @DekuNut's behalf about Rey's parents. :^)

The pacing in this movie is... really... bad. Like Batman vs. Superman levels of bad. Literally nothing happened for the first hour and a half of the movie and it was boring as ****. And it introduced a bunch of new force mechanics to be convenient to the story, and it was sort of farfetched. But when things started happening, boy did they start happening. After that point, the rest of the movie was really ****ing solid. And it does have some good plot points going for it, but this movie seems to serve more as a transitional build-up to Episode IX than anything else.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Iron Man 1: 9/10
I forgot how legit good this movie is. It's a great example of what a superhero blockbuster (that's built to be a blockbuster, not a masyerpiece) shoukd be. RDJ was great, Pepper was well-written and well-acted, Stane was a good and menacing villain...
My nitpick are that the final fight should've ended with the flying up and ice thing. It was Stark winning alone and with his mind, not with help and with a giant explosion. Also, as much as I love Clark Gregg, Coulson showed up a few more times than he had to. It was a little annoying.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
Love, Simon

I’ve seen plenty of films and read many a novel with similar themes to Love, Simon and by comparison, I think it was a pretty good film. It still suffered from some of the usual cliches that plague LGBT themed films but they weren’t quite as glaring as they can be.

The film itself was fast paced and quick on the comedy and I also thought the acting and music worked really well for the film (though it did have its moments of melodrama).

And, as an adaptation, it was pretty good. They remained true to the source material, but updated it to be a bit what they probably considered more relavent and what they thought of as topical humour.

Overall: 8/10 (actually 7.5, but an extra 0.5 for being a decent adaptation). Definitely enjoyed it for what it was.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Ready Player One

***/*****

79/100

I mean, it was a fine movie, but the book was astronomically better. Good visuals, plot that barely stuck with the book, totally different challenges, and less struggle from the characters

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Just got back from seeing Avengers: Infinity War

I am somewhat tired with superhero films and I haven't seen all of them but this one was supposed to be a big one and I was excited from the trailers to go and see it.

Definitely the best superhero movie I have seen in a while and it took a darker turn that the films seem to have been taking recently which is refreshing.

8.5/10

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
A Quiet Place

79/100

A movie truly worth watching. Though billed as a horror movie, it stayed firmly in the realm of suspense/thriller. I have a hard time with movies based around gimmicks, especially when played straight but the gimmick of this movie is played straight to exacting proportions and actually walks that razor's edge successfully.

I'm not a fan of jump scares either but this is one of the very few movies where I actually have the several jump scares a pass as they were woven into the gimmick and used sparingly. The glaring inconsistencies are only a problem for me because the premise is played straight and the attention to detail (which is a boon to the film) relieves a significant burden from my suspension of disbelief. This causes what major inconsistencies there are to draw me out of the movie at times. Especially the jarring incongruity of tone in the last minute of the movie.

All in all, a movie totally worth seeing, especially if you see it in an art theater, like I did, with a mere dozen other people.

Last edited:

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Avengers Infinity War

Great movie. I almost never watch Marvel, so when I see these I'm usually cool with them. I liked how no one was safe. 9/10

dk902466

mamma mia
Ninja Scroll: 9/10

I've wanted to watch this anime for a while now, but it was only after stumbling upon it on Hulu that I took the plunge. No, it's not a really in depth movie. Lots of ninja stuff, honor, and weird characters abound, including a bit of nudity. I would recommend if you like the gritty anime style, but only if the audience is ok with boobs and freaky stuff.

Bonus: Heat: 10/10

This gem is on Netflix (US) right now, and clocking in at 2 hours 50 minutes is a long, long movie. Fans of somewhat realistic shootouts, cops vs baddies, De Niro vs Pacino will like this one. Even with how long the movie was, the 3 hours went by quickly with little downtime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom