• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Movie That You Watched

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
John Waters' Hairspray.

Having finally gotten the opportunity to see the original film that the Broadway musical was based on, I can honestly say I was not disappointed.

The characters were all archetypes and the actors played these stereotypes to their advantage and to great comedic effect. Ricki Lake was one of the standout actors in this movie, playing Tracy, along with Jerry Stiller and Divine, who played Tracy's parents Wilbur and Edna respectively. There wasn't too much deviation between this version and the Broadway version apart from the Broadway version being a musical. The film's soundtrack was full of 60's songs and dances which were rather entertaining to watch.

The main theme of integration was handled rather well but lacked the same punch to it that the Broadway version delivers.

Overall, this movie gets a solid 8/10 from me. I wouldn't hesitate to watch it again.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Yesterday I watched Godzilla 2014. I rate it 8/10.

Today I watched Maleficent. I rate it 10/10.
Awesome movie, great storyline and finally not as the usual fairytales. I love the main characters and Angelina never do wrong in my opinion anyway. Touching and heartwarming. Definitely a movie I will watch again and again :D

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Magic Magic

I'm not sure what I just watched and I'm genuinely confused. Did I thoroughly enjoy it or was it boring? Was it a stroke of genius in story telling or a film with no plot whatsoever? I'm not sure whether this movie was incredibly disturbing or just weirdly mind boggling. Nevertheless, this is a movie I think everyone should watch and actually find out for themselves. It's not really a movie you can accurately label, and everyone's interpretation will be drastically different, but I think that's the beauty of it.

I need to rewatch this film maybe 2 or 3 times to grasp what's going on and just exactly the meaning of the film. It played upon my own perception and paranoia to the point where normal scenes in any other movie would be fine; however everything feels intense and slightly disturbing.

I can't even give this a rating, but it's one of the most intriguing films I've ever seen.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Divergent

I absolutely disliked this movie. I went into it with low expectations, but after watching the beginning scenes, I thought it could actually be good. But then I realized I was at the end of the movie and...just wow...

For starters, the movie was extremely uneventful. There were absolutely no action sequences with an actual threat. Most were training and were short. The actual danger doesn't start until the "darkest moments" if they can even be considered that. There is no fear for the characters and scenes that could and would be powerful are cut short and done quickly that it doesn't let me, the watcher, resonate these emotions.

The main issue, though, is how much like a book this is. In a novel, action scenes aren't as necessary. Most of the book is told through the main characters thoughts, if I understand the book right (never read it). A character's thoughts cannot be easily translated into a film, making spaces that should be plot heavy seem blank. Another issue I found was the large amount of minor characters. It's easier for characters to be introduced in a book, but, again, these introductions were not very well translated. I only knew two characters names, which, to me, causes a problem.

I know these problems can be fixed, The Hunger Games was (IMO) successfully translated into film. They found a way to improve on scenes without action, something that is prevalent in the first half of the second movie. Divergent could have easily done the similar thing to its movie, but it simply didn't, leaving nothing but untapped potential.

3/10

Blackkirby

Proud Jesus Freak !
if i stay

My sister wanted me to see this with her so i did. This movie is good overall but has some cheesyness in it. I think the mesage of the story was good and sorta liked it for a sad movie. If you dont like romantic sadness then dont see this.

6/10

Stitch

AKA Patrick
ZD Champion
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
9/10

Summer Wars
9/10

Mamoru Hosoda has pretty much cemented himself as my favorite director. I love how he has that ability to make a story with a basis in reality, but add that little bit of fantasy and/or science fiction to drive home in a fantastical way the meaning behind his movies.

Garo

Boy Wonder
2001: A Space Odyssey

Being a self-respecting film student, I had already seen this film many a time - it's one of my favorites. But I recently got the once-in-a-lifetime chance to see this movie in a proper theater, with the rarely-seen Premiere Cut that adds 20 minutes to the film. It was phenomenal. Life-affirming. Utterly unprecedented. It was as close as I will likely ever come to a religious experience. All of it... just the overwhelming beauty of every single frame, and even the space in between them! Stanley Kubrick managed to elide 74,000 years of human existence into the space between frames. Less than 1/24th of a second, and he succinctly and perfectly summarized all of humanity. I cannot even imagine. That man was a god among mortals, and this film is a masterpiece of the highest order.

A+

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
Let's see... the last movie I watched would have been Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. My favorite part is during the sorting feast, Harry starts next to Ron then it cuts away and cuts back, but he's next to Hermione, on the opposite side of the table. Not as good as the book, of course, but pretty good movie anyway.

Salem

SICK
Michael Bay's TMNT.

Honestly I might give it about 7/10, it's a fine movie, The things I don't like about it are the turtles' character designs and that
April O Neil used to be their owner and her dad has something to do with, that makes. things convoluted,
Other than that, it;s nice.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom