• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Movie That You Watched

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
Across the Spiderverse
9.8/10
Go watch it. Seriously. I'm going to watch it in theaters again.
This movie is beautiful in every way
As someone who never got into comic books, it was incredible being able to experience comic books in the way a kid must have felt reading comic books
I wish I was spidergwen

Schaffrillas productions said he thought the first one was still better, which surprised me. I loved the first one but this feels like it outdoes into the Spiderverse so I guess I'm due for a rewatch to see if time has dulled my memory

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
Just watched Across the Spiderverse 5/10.
Gwen's flashback felt forced. Literally slept after Miles got heat after saving the Sikh Inspector. The first movie was a 7/10. Idk if I'll watch the third movie

Fierce Deity Link

Knight of the Falling Moon
Jurassic Park
8 out 10
A suspense masterpiece. Jurassic Park changed how movies are made forever. The realistic CG dinosaurs took the world by storm and earned the film three golden globes. The cast is stellar with Sma Neil, Laura Dern, Jeff Goldbloom, and the late Sir Richard Attenborough. Some scenes like the raptors in the kitchen are still top tier terror and suspense, but on this rewatch for the 30th Anniversary, I must admit I noticed some of the dated aspects, like why if Dogson wanted the embryos so bad did he not charter a boat to ensure Nedry got off the island? Seeing floppy drives on Nedry’s desk took me back, and the explanation of dino DNA being in mosquitos seems ridiculous now, how can you get enough of a strand of DNA to make T-Rex is the mosquito fed on probably hundreds of species?
I know I am nitpicking, its a classic I have loved for thirty years. But yhis viewing I found some of the stiff hard to buy.

Asteroid City, probably an 8 or 9 out of 10. Perhaps the only thing I can really rag on it for is the pacing and I can’t quite tell whether it’s a deliberate choice.

This is a first from this director for me, apparently I should see some others according to the friend who suggested it. From the previews I was expecting something more along the lines of Marwen, not a bad movie it itself, but it turned out to lean more into the likes of Twin Peaks or Rubber. Something I’ll definitely enjoy mulling over for some time to come, but also pretty entertaining on the surface.

Hylian Viking

A modern day Hyrule warrior mean mean stride.
Asteroid City, probably an 8 or 9 out of 10. Perhaps the only thing I can really rag on it for is the pacing and I can’t quite tell whether it’s a deliberate choice.

This is a first from this director for me, apparently I should see some others according to the friend who suggested it. From the previews I was expecting something more along the lines of Marwen, not a bad movie it itself, but it turned out to lean more into the likes of Twin Peaks or Rubber. Something I’ll definitely enjoy mulling over for some time to come, but also pretty entertaining on the surface.
I think it was deliberate. Wes Anderson is known for making his stories and films feel more like stage productions rather than cinema. That explains the often intricate and eccentric set designs, props, character demeanor and music choices it is all because it reflects artistry rather than action. That is what I love about Wes Anderson, he does things that directors these days have forgotten to do like bring back a true sense of artistry that does not seem like every movie has to look, sound or even play out the same.

Last edited:

OGSniper

Sharpshooter for Hire
ZD Champion
I just watched ''Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny'' last night. I would give it a 9/10. There were a few little things that I didn't like, but overall, it was a pretty good movie. It really finished off the franchise on a good note. The series really needed redeemed after Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, And Dial of Destiny was its Savior. I would be happy to discuss the movie with someone if they wanted to.

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny - 8/10

I thought this movie was better than Kingdom of the Crystal Skull although it doesn't reach the heights of the original trilogy. The opening sequence in the past is fantastic. Helena is an okay supporting character, and the new supporting kid isn't quite as good as Short Round from the Temple of Doom. The villain group is pretty good, and there are some betrayals that caught me off guard. Unfortunately, the ending has some of the same shenanigans as Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Thankfully, the final scenes are a great tribute to Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
ZD Champion
Critters 4

Jason X was better and Brad Dourif is wasted (sadly not in the drunk kind of way, probably would have been better if he was)

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
Oppenheimer
For the most part this is a brilliant movie, one that I definitely can recommend to pretty much anyone who’s even remotely interested. However.

I think the biggest thing holding this movie back for me is the fact that it’s trying to tell two different stories at once, one being about his work and feelings towards the bomb, and the other about the investigation of his ties to communism. Don’t get me wrong, both of them go hand in hand when telling a story about Oppenheimer, but I think they should have put more focus on one or the other. As is the communism plot seems to completely take focus for the latter half of the movie while also being dotted around in the first half. This, along with the fact that it jumps around on the timeline quite a bit and a rather long list of characters that show up for only brief periods of time, and a few scenes that really could have been cut, make this part of the movie rather hard to follow at times. At the same time, it also means that the bomb plot doesn’t have quite enough time dedicated to it in order for it to feel like a satisfying story. Sure you could maybe say that the movie wasn’t supposed to focus on that, but the final scene is pretty much exclusively dealing with said bomb plot with only tangential ties to the communist plot. Clearly they wanted the audience to walk out of the theater thinking about this aspect of the movie the most.

Again, this movie was great for the most part, and most of these problems are honestly pretty minor. Definitely see it if you’re even mildly interested. 7/10

Mission Impossible: Dead Reckoning Part One - 9/10

This movie did everything a Mission Impossible movie needs to do: Tom Cruise running, crazy stunts, absolutely amazing action, and quite possibly the most emotional death in the franchise. My main complaint is the antagonist is a step down from Solomon Lane in the last two movies.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
been wanting to watch the Alien movies for a while now and saw they were on hulu, so had gone through them the past week

Alien & Aliens
fantastic movies, in both cases I thought I would watch halfway then continue the rest later on but nope, sat through both all the way

Alien 3
was not a fan of how the story played out here, movie was still fine but not quite the same caliber as the first two

Alien Resurrection
I ended up enjoying it a bit more than I thought, the premise is slightly off the rails I guess but that added more of an intrigue to it for me

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
Mario Movie
6/10

Surprising, because I went in expecting a 7/10
Basically every scene with a kart on it was genuine fun
Pacing was terrible
So many characters and scenes didn't matter
Jack black is great
Chris Pratt acted well, just isn't Mario
Anya Taylor joy was a terrible casting decision and the character of peach was assassinated in this movie
There were a lot of scenes that added nothing and there were a lot of dense scenes with a ton of action and dialogue that got mashed together (elaborating on the pacing issue)
I laughed three times
When Mario said "great" eating the mushroom
Bowser pulling Luigi's mustache off
And a third one I forgot
My niece was very sad that Mario was getting beat up and started crying but saying "it's okay", kinda saved the movie for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom