• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Movie That You Watched

The Boy-It was pretty good and mashed up two genres for an unusual premise. Points taken off for convoluted scheming. 7/10

The Mummy 1932-It went at a good pace, was nicely acted, and had an aura of mystique. I liked it when I did not expect to. 6/10

Stitch

AKA Patrick
Puss in Boots The Last Wish

8/9 lives, wonderfully earnest follow up to a series born of cynicism. As much as I love the first two Shrek films and really enjoyed the first Puss in Boots film, the effect their style had on the animation industry nearly killed it. Lovely to see a film completely unashamed of itself.

accio boomerang

you've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?
Knock at the Cabin 7/10.

I liked the movie in the beginning but then it had some weird religious undertones and I wasn't really a fan of that. I don't think I would see it again or recommend it. I kind of wish it had a different message but oh well.

ZeldaFanatic64

Infrequently active ZD member
South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut - 9.5/10

Feels like nothing more than an extended SP episode, but the movie was hilarious and I really liked the songs. Plus, it's South Park. I would definitely watch it again.

Sword Art Online Progressive Scherzo of a Deep Night 8/10

These movies continue to be the best way to experience SAO. I was extremely impressed with the animation and music. One song, in particular, sounds like a retro gaming song. Some great boss battles in this one even if they don't hit the same emotional heights as the first movie.

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (74)
It was my first time watching any of these films. I had no idea it was possible to feel grime and glaring heat through a screen? Some of the people she was with were idiots. I kind of cracked up when the well meaning truck driver ran for it, after Leatherface got up from cutting into his leg. I have no idea why he did some kind of bizarro ballet dance in the middle of the street? It was a good film, and the camera work was excellent.

accio boomerang

you've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?
Knock at the Cabin 6/10. I thought the movie was going to be something different. The religious undertones were not something that I was expecting, nor did I want.

Kaguya-sama: Love is War - The First Kiss That Never Ends 10/10

I was initially a bit worried that this movie would retread too much ground from season 3, but I was pleasantly surprised to see tons of original gags and a really heartfelt Christmas. Plus, the ending was incredible. My one complaint is that the other characters aside from Kaguya and Shirogane felt a little sidelined this time around.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
Recently watched a silly giallo/slasher film from the '80s called Pieces

Bruce Le is in it for a few second long cameo...you did not read that wrong and that is not a typo, this **** is wild and it is worth a watch for those who love '80s horror/genre films.

John Wick 8/10

I enjoyed this movie quite a bit. The peak of the movie was the fight scene in the night club. I love when John Wick is fighting multiple people. My only complaints are that the revenge plot feels a little forced, and the ending is a bit anti-climactic. Looking forward to catching up on the franchise in preparation for the fourth movie.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Bullet Train - 6/10

This isn’t the type of movie I’d generally watch and I don’t think it was really made for me. I didn’t really go into it knowing what to expect aside from that it was set in Japan but it was a lot more graphic and violent than I was expecting and I couldn’t really enjoy it.

Demon Slayer: To The Swordsmith Village 9/10

This isn't a "movie," per se, so much as a compilation of three episodes, but, hey, I saw it in theaters, so I'm including it. I loved seeing my favorite Demon Slayer anime fight so far on the big screen, and a sneak peak of season 3. The Upper Demons are truly menacing.

John Wick: Chapter Two 9/10

I was a little worried for a while that this movie was simply a retread of the first, but it finds its own identity and surpasses its predecessor in the second half with so many amazing fight scenes. My favorite is about two thirds through taking place outside and at a train station.

John Wick: Chapter Three - Parabellum 8/10

This was the weakest John Wick movie to me, but it's still an enjoyable time. I enjoyed the start with John Wick being excommunicated, a fight scene involving knives, and the vehicle battle at the end is my favorite in the franchise. It's too bad the middle drags, and the villains are quite boring compared to the first two movies.

Puss in Boots: The Last Wish 9/10

This is an amazingly animated movie with a terrific main song, and one of the most memorable animated villains ever. It's also got a ton of heart. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed the ride. There were a few moments where I almost teared up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom