• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Movie That You Watched

Fear Street 1994. Pretty good movie if you watch it mostly since its a slasher flick but i didnt know its actually connected to the other Fear Street movies involving some witch

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
The Batman 7.5/10

I would say this is the best Batman that is not Christian Bale in my opinion but it's not quite on that level. I liked the style of the film for sure. Gotham looked very good, perhaps my favourite look for the city in a a movie so far. I also enjoyed the focus on the detective side of things although I didn't find the detective work to be particularly genius.

It was well cast for sure. I enjoyed all the actors they picked.

I would say the soundtrack is quite inferior to The Dark Knight. With one or two memorable pieces but mostly forgettable.

I know the studio was trying to keep a more family friendly rating with this one so you can tell some things were really held back by trying to keep a lower age rating. This was to the film's detriment. It actually got a 15 rating here anyway in the UK which I thought is ridiculous considering there was no swearing and The Lord of The Rings and Pirates of The Carribbean were more violent films with beheadings and dismemberment which recieved the lower PG or 12 ratings.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Scream (2022) 9/10.

Not as good as the first Scream movie, since it's hard to ever be as good as the original, and the first is my favorite horror movie. But it did a really great job kinda rebooting the franchise while also continuing it. A requel as the movie describes (reboot sequel). I loved all the references to the original movies. A lot that can be missed if you're just a casual fan. Like
Richie, one of the killers jokingly saying "I'll be right back" after it was just said that one of the rules of horror movies is to never say that. In the original, Stu did the same thing and was also one of the killers. Felt like that was a major hint (but was close enough to the reveal to not ruin it).

Before the movie came out they said that they wanted to go back to the original and capture that feel that Wes Craven created and I think they did that well.

SPOILERS FROM HERE ON.

I liked the motive of the killers. It referenced back to the original "fake" motive of horror movies causing violence. Just a lot of meta stuff going on which is what the original did so well. Though I kind of wish that the killers could have been a bit more connected to the original, but it makes sense.

A couple of complaints I have is that Amber, one of the killers wasn't really featured in the movie much. She felt more like an afterthought than Richie did. Also I wish Stu was more connected than just one of the victims being his sister's son, and Amber living in his house where some of the original killings happened. I did like that it all went back to Stu's house however.

Sad to see Dewey die. He was one of my favorite characters of the series. I get that the point was that he felt like a coward leaving Gale, but went out being anything but a coward but it still sucks. Also it went with the whole idea of the killers making the movie and not being afraid to kill off someone who has survived every other one.

It was nice, however, to see Billy back. Even if it was just for a few small visions. A little weird that he was kind of helping the protagonist even though he was a messed up serial killer, but I'll take it.

Overall all the references and callbacks made it impossible for me to dislike this movie because it was so in line with the original. I could see how some might think it was too heavy handed, but I personally loved it. Especially the really obscure ones. [\SPOILER]

Jujutsu Kaisen 0 9/10

I thought it was a very good Shounen Jump anime movie with all the action and sad backstories you'd expect. The fights really were top notch. Mappa delivers again. That said, I felt the final battle was a little anti-climactic. Yuuta carries the mantle of the main character well overall in this prequel movie.

Uncharted 7/10

A pretty good videogame movie adaptation. The start is a little slow. But once things get moving, the chemistry and back stabbing between the main cast is highly entertaining. The final fight put a big grin on my face. Be ready for some cheesy dialogue throughout, though.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
For Your Eyes Only

This was the only Bond Movie that I didn’t get to watch on my first-time binge a few months ago in preparation for No Time to Die since it’s the only pre-Craig movie that isn’t on the streaming service I watch for some reason. I figured since I took a sick day from work I might as well cough up the 4 bucks YouTube charges for it, no pun intended.

Roger Moore’s Bond was already a very middle of the line one for me, with most of his movies sitting in the “they’re okay” camp imo, and unfortunately this one didn’t do much to help that. It’s far from the worst Bond movie (that title goes to The Man with the Golden Gun), but it doesn’t even come close to the highs of the series. The pacing isn’t great, the villain is incredibly weak, and a good 70% of the action amounts to “see how many ways we can kill people while playing winter Olympic sports.”

Also, the cold opening has literally nothing to do with the rest of the film, as nice as it was to see blofeld again for whatever reason.

6.5/10

Last edited:
The Batman 8/10

I enjoyed the first two thirds or so of the movie a lot. I like how this version of Batman felt like an actual detective. The Riddler was also downright terrifying. Unfortunately, the movie goes downhill after The Riddler is unmasked. The ending is just another generic superhero rescue mission.

Reactions: Dio

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore
7/10

I found this one was a slight improvement over the last film though I wouldn't say a lot happened as it was slow moving at times. Definitely some fun moments to be had watching though. I'm still of the opinion that the first Fantastic Beasts is the best of the three so far.

Mads Mikkelsen has taken over the role as Grindelwald and although I thought Johnny did quite well in the role and was one of his better performances. Still I found Mads an improvement, much more charismatic and less frightening looking. I can imagine Dumbledore being into this version of Grindelwald whereas Depp's version looked like a freak rather than sexy.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Spiderman No Way Home

9/10

Really enjoyed it a lot. It was very emotional in a way the other films in this trilogy have never quite struck.

The ending was very sad, with the only way to fix things being for everyone to forget who Peter Parker even is. But even more so that when things settled, that Peter decides not to regain his friendship with Ned or to try rekindling things with MJ. He probably is thinking it's better for them because not knowing him is safer than if they did.

Reactions: Dio

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Jungle Cruise

7/10

It had some cool special effects, nice action sequences, and the plot was ok. I definitely felt like it's one of those films to watch once, and it's good that first time, but since it doesn't blow away in any regard it won't be rewatched often or at all.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Sonic 2 - 8/10

The first Sonic was a good fun movie and was developing the characters more into what we see in the games.

The second time round we've got a plotline just like in the games Eggman after the chaos emerald and Sonic and co trying to stop him. Jim Carrey is absolutely delightful ramping up his performance even more than first time around. The perfect choice to play the crazed evil genius. I must say it was great to see Lee Majdoub back as the original character Agent Stone, a henchman who is infatuated with the good doctor, assisting him in his schemes and makes a great steamed Austrian goat milk latte too!

They did a good job developing Sonic and Tails' friendship over the course of the movie and I love that they are introducing more stuff from the games. There's quite a few things that make it in so if you are a fan of the games you will probably be delighted to see what has made the cut.

Would definitely reccomend giving this a watch and shall be seeing it again as soon as it's available for home watching.

Red Notice 7/10

Utterly daft, complete brain off stuff but also quite entertaining.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom