• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Movie That You Watched

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I'm strongly opposed to movies based on books, all of them get something wrong, but I might have to give the LotR movies a chance.
You should!!!! I read the books before I watched the movies but I never regret watching them though. JRR Tolkien created Middle Earth but Peter Jackson gave Middle Earth a face. And the soundtracks are so amazing you'll never forget it ever in your life. I strongly recommend you to watch them! If you do, go for the extended versions.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
You should!!!! I read the books before I watched the movies but I never regret watching them though. JRR Tolkien created Middle Earth but Peter Jackson gave Middle Earth a face. And the soundtracks are so amazing you'll never forget it ever in your life. I strongly recommend you to watch them! If you do, go for the extended versions.
And get a dead bum??

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
re: lord of the rings, have never been able to watch a full movie in a single sitting, so every time I see them there's a new scene that I don't remember. I find the books more boring than the movies, but I liked the hobbit movies plenty
the fellowship is probably the best of the three though

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Super Mario Bros. (1993)

I unironically enjoyed it. It's cheesy but it knows it and embraces it, watching it with a few other ZD Writers tonight was a blast! The special effects are actually really good at points, for the time, and still hold up pretty well. The plot isn't half bad either, and I love all the little references to the games. Also some of the jokes land pretty well.

8/10, go watch it!

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Rascal Does Not Dream of a Dreaming Girl

I wholeheartedly give this one a 10/10. It's a fantastic followup to an excellent series (even though it apparently is not a direct followup to the series in the light novels). Now I just need to go read the rest of the light novels themselves.

Last edited:

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Crimson Peak 4/10. This concept could've been sooo mich better. But they left so many things unexplained, things happened out of the blue without being explained properly. And the main story was so predictable. Only good thing is Tom Hiddleston. But even his character was boring as hell though.

Beneath -10/10. What a dumb, boring, predictable monster of a movie. Even rating this movie is wasting one precious minute of my life! So I rated it a minus 10 because even the number zero is too much

Demon Slayer: Mugen Train 9/10

Ufotable continues to deliver with stunning visuals and music, but I think this movie was lacking some of the emotional impact of the first season of the anime because the demons didn't get emotional backstories this time around. The movie has some pacing issues at the very start and end, but the bulk of the film flows pretty smoothly, and the plot twist in the last quarter or so is a welcome one and leads into the best fight of the movie.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Fig

accio boomerang

you've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?
Raya and the last dragon.

8/10: I really liked it, but there was some things that they could have changed or made a bit better. I wish they fleshed out some of the characters more. The visuals were really nice, and I really liked the score.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
Baby Bump (2015)

Polish coming of age story about a boy who tries to fight against the onset of puberty. This is shown through surrealist and absurdist fantasy sequences that affect different aspects of the way the film uses its semiotics to convey the plot. It’s definitely a strange film, but I enjoyed it ‘cause there was no way to tell where it was going to end up, despite certain foreshadowing earlier on.

Overall, probably a 7.5/10.

IMDB page: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5028892/

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
The final countdown (1980)

An aircraft carrier based in Pearl Harbor, Hawaii is transported back to December 6, 1941 while in the Pacific. Very interesting premise, and it touched on several things I appreciate, like time travel and American history. The special effects were amazing for a 1980 movie also.

10/10

accio boomerang

you've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?
Killer Clowns in Outerspace 3/10, it was not good at all.. it was pretty terrible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom