• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Movie That You Watched

Pen

The game is on!
Hoo boy I just watched an incredible film today. It's a Japanese film from 2015, titled "Sweet Bean" in English. It's a beautiful lowkey, slice of life story about unexpected friendships and the importance of freedom, so if that sounds like something that any of you would enjoy I strongly recommend you seek out this film and watch it because it touched me more than a film has in a very long time. It gets a 10/10 from me.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Sword of the Stranger - 10/10

Saw this a few years back, but felt like rewatching it again and holy crap--this movie is an utter masterpiece. The animation is spectacular, the action sections are engaging, the soundtrack is stunning, and the final fight sequence is one of the greatest use of a massive setpiece in all of cinema history. Whether you're an anime fan or not, SotS is a must-watch especially if you enjoy samurai action flicks.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Final Girls

I'm a big fan of horror and slashers especially, so I've heard about Final Girls for a while now as a parody to the genre. I finally got around to watching the movie and found myself enjoying it for its plot far more than an actual satire of slasher films. While there are several easter eggs and references to classics, Final Girls focuses mainly on the trope of the virgin Final Girl. The emphasis on "if you have sex in horror, you die" was fine for me, but it felt a bit lazily implemented at times. I was far more interested in the story of grief the movie focused on and it was clear that it came from a genuine place.

I think the movie really struggles due to its short run time. It's just over an hour and half and it uses that time well to show the relationships between the main characters. The "fake movie characters" get the short end of the shaft and it is hard to care about them too much. Though I suppose the point is that these characters are shallow tropes, a few more scenes letting the rest of the cast shine (there are other funny camp counsellors besides Adam Devine) would have done the movie good.

7/10

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
The Platform 10/10

This is a Spanish horror/thriller also known as El Hoyo/The Hole in Spanish.

This is an amazing thought provoking film about prisoners assigned to a random level each month on a vertical prison system known as the hole. A platform comes down stopping at each level briefly every day. On floor 1 it is a fine feast with the best foods but as it goes down and people eat from the platform sometimes greedily it can mean the lower levels don't get any food. Get assigned to one of those floors and it's a very scary month.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Artemis Fowl 2/10 - I liked Judi Dench. That's about it. This film looked nice but was trash which is a shame as I loved the books.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
The Scout - 6/10

It's an alright comedy/drama about baseball, I think whether someone likes it really depends on if they like Baseball.

Absolute Power - 7/10

A decent suspensful political-thriller, Clint Eastwood and the whole cast's performances are really the draw to this movie.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Pride and Prejudice 10/10. Despite the movie leaving out some stuff happening in the book it's still a great movie. Knightley nailed the part of Elisabeth Bennett and the guy playing Darcy couldn't have been cast better. I liked it. Especially the lines Darcy said to Elisabeth in the end. It was in sync with the book.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
The first live action Kenshin movie was okay, but not very faithful to the source material. Some good casting even if I disagree with how they condensed things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom