• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Game That You Played

Kyru

WOAHHHH!
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
Rating: 8.5/10

Again, nothing gets a perfect score so this is actually very good. One of the best parts of this game is the MUSIC. I could sit there for hours listening to the level selection song. There aren't to many different level songs but they are all great and never get annoying. The game plays very, very smoothly for how old it is (20 years or so) and when you die it's never because the game "glitched" or the games fault you always just knew that you did something wrong which led to your ultimate demise. The game is very very very simple. You run around throwing eggs at things trying to get to the end of the level. Easy enough right? But the collection of the flowers and coins makes the game that much more interesting and difficult. After beating a level there comes a great feel of satisfaction for doing so. The graphics are better than those on the original DS and hold up well to today. The interesting take using a pencil line sketch like graphics are very well done. Overall, it's a very simple game that makes it so very fun. I recommend this game to any who enjoy older Mario games like Super Mario World, or Super Mario 3.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
I just beat (for the first time ever) Mother 2/EarthBound. Here are my thoughts:

The game is brilliant. The writing and dialogue are both genius and hilarious. The music is top-notch. The enemy design is great. And hidden throughout the happy music, bright colors is a darker side. Serious topics are nestled in between some really light-hearted moments. The story is fairly deep for a game of that time period. The gameplay is top-notch.

Sometimes the game is really hard, unfairly so, but that's part of the deal, I suppose. The final boss is epic, disturbing and engaging at the same time.

I haven't enjoyed a game quite as much as this one in a long time. It definitely makes a jump the top of my All Time Favorite RPGs (probably right behind Xenoblade and Tales of Symphonia).

Definitely recommend to EVERYONE. If you are a fan of RPGs, you must play this game. And if you aren't, you still should: it's THAT good.

Final grade: 95

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
Pandora's Tower
9/10
That game was amazing. All those feelings and Towers that game offered were so touching and great. Boss battles were epic and sometimes annoying, but their looks and strategies were interesting and fun. Plot twists at end of game were so shocking and final boss battle was just epic. Only downside that I found in game was controls weren't working very great sometimes , like shooting chain in boss' master flesh.

Very good game, I recommended it to everyone to try it out.

You can play with the Pro Controller. It's better than the Wii Remote.

Mido

Version 1
I'm a tad overdue with this rating, as I finished the game almost two months ago after being able to play it after some ten years or so, but here goes:

Star Fox Adventures: 8/10

The Star Fox game that was essentially a Zelda game I would say is underrated to a degree. The best parts come through the sheer environments Rare created. Dinosaur Planet feels immersive and intriguing. A few of the characters are pretty unique and stand out, such as the Warpstone and the shopkeeper, but to be honest, a lot of the characters are somewhat bland aside from the main cast and a few side characters like the two I mentioned. The gameplay is good, and just what one would expect from an adventure game. The Arwing moments hark back to Star Fox, while the on-foot portions feel like a Zelda game. Alas, as a whole, this game is a solid package for any gamer and a good find for any a Star Fox fan; however, this game has two notable flaws. First, the puzzles, while challenging on some occasions, are not very difficult, and may turn off players who desire more of a challenge. Second, is the dialogue. It is cheesy, sometimes cringeworthy, and a few jokes fall flat here and there, but it doesn't kill the experience...at least most of the time! Ultimately, these flaws don't hold the game back from being a good time and a half, so I'd recommend it!

Last edited:

SpiteChaotic

The lazy Chaos Bringer
Paper Mario
6/10

I revisited this old gem .. It lived up well to my nostalgia. Sure it isn't the greatest RPG. It was one located on the 64 which only had few RPGS on it that I know about. Still it proves to be a fun game and a great start to the Paper Mario series. Even for the first game it still had a great dialogue and fun characters. A simple level up system and I do like the badges. I enjoyed using the Wii U pad as a tv screen.

Only a few areas and one sidequest felt tedious and repetitive . It proves to be a good and fun game that helped it's series.

SpiteChaotic

The lazy Chaos Bringer
Kirby Super Star Ultra

I give it a 9/10

I love this game. It is fantastic. It has all of what I love of Kirby super star and more. The new modes it does add are fantastic. They can be a bit challenging but an enjoyable challenge. I loved the chance to be able to be the helper with no kirby. I wrecked everyone as Plasma!. The only things that stop this nearly perfect game from getting a perfect score is. You have to have two ds and two game cards to get multiplayer with most of the modes. Sure you can play the four multiplayer sub games with one card and multiple ds. Also spring breeze can be done but your helper will have to look on your screen while they play. Oh the joys of the home console that allowed you to just have two controllers.

Also some of the bosses scare me.

Super Mario Maker - 9/10

How much you like it is going to be almost completely dependent on how much you put into it, and I was blown away by how much this game got me involved. Sure I got it because I love 2D Mario, but the moment that I had my Wii U gamepad on late at night while in bed designing a level that I just had to finish before I fell asleep is when I knew that I definitely didn't regret the $60 price tag. I've also spent hours upon hours on 100 Mario Challenge playing as many levels as possible, and I don't think I'll be slowing down any time soon.

Batman: Arkham Knight - 8/10

Sad to say that it's objectively worse than Arkham City, which truly is a shame give the scope and size of Arkham Knight. I'm a sucker for spectacle, and Arkham Knight gives me that with just how big it is and how much there is at stake. Rocksteady did an excellent job with the "this-is-it" atmosphere, and since that means a lot to me, it makes me overlook a good bit of the game's flaws. But the tedious side-quests, overuse of the Batmobile when it comes to tank combat, and how arbitrary and predictable the plot is (especially concerning the Arkham Knight himself) does weight the game down now that I'm on my second playthrough for 100% completion.

Also, screw the Riddler. They went waaaaaay overboard with his side-quest this time around in the worst way possible, and it really shows.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Finished Killzone Shadow Fall yesterday after owning it for a good while.

Contrary to the average reviews, I think it was a really good game. Maybe it's because I'm a long time fan of the franchise, but wouldn't that make more critical of an "average" release? I don't know, but it certainly doesn't feel out of line or brings the series downhill by any means. It didn't reach the heights of the first two Killzone games, they were some of the best games on their respective consoles, but it easily matches up with Killzone 3.

Story was actually solid and I love the post apocalyptic lore of the series and having the two enemies now living side by side in a cold war, basically Berlin Wall-esque, scenario was a really good concept and gave the story a more dynamic feel. Talking of dynamic, this game wasn't just the bad guys are bad so let's kill them, it was all about what was morally right. So both sides were actually corrupt in some way and you're stuck in the middle which I thought was a great concept.

Gameplay wasn't maybe as good as the others in the series. Some things made me just think "why"? Like constantly having to hack things and manually open doors. Or even the low gravity missions, which felt awkward and just didn't control well. Apart from that though, level designs were actually really well done. I wish they incorporated more stealth like the 3rd installment, but each level felt unique. Whether it was a guns blazing mission, an escape mission, a stealth mission, a breach mission etc. And to top this off, the visuals and stunning settings made each level look amazing and most of the time I'd stop and take in the atmosphere.

Then you have multiplayer as well which thankfully got rid of the OP vehicles from the 3rd game. I'll admit I haven't spent a lot of time online, but it's very well balanced with every gun being unlocked from the start and each having its own pros and cons. Maps are diverse and are heavily underrated in the FPS genre, and the it has easily the best game modes out of most current shooters in the market.

---

Overall a very well put together game. Great visuals, solid story, good level design, some sticky moments; though a decent multiplayer means...

8.8/10

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom