• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Game That You Played

Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal.

To be fair here, I don't think it's as bad as Rise of Lyric. There are still some things wrong with it like the awful cutscenes and the scripted running sections, for example. It's pretty mediocre, but I think I prefer this over the other game any day. At least it looks and plays like a Sonic game, but much slower with the game's equivalent of the run button from Lost World.

6/10

An update: In Boom Street the AI dice roll is totally not random. You have to play the stock market very will to win. They level up (equivalent of passing go in Monopoly) at least 2x-3x more than I do every game. But at least in this game you can buy stocks in districts the AI has a lot of stocks in, and selling of that stock to devalue the stock price of that district to lower their total net worth is a viable and needed tactic to win.

Easy mode is the same game just without stocks. So basically luck based like Monopoly.

Also the AI have set ranks assigned to them. Luigi is C rank and Mario is A rank for example. You can up the rank to S when you beat the special tour.
But want a C rank Mario? You're out of luck.
Want to actually play as something other than your Mii? You're out of luck . . . unless you set up a 2 player game and set one of the human players "out for lunch" so you have 3 AI.

I still give the game 7/10. Flawed but fun in it's essence.

Trivia. This concept started a long time ago as Itadaki Street. It's had many games. And this is Itadaki Street with Dragon Quest and Mario characters in it.
Just like Hyrule Warriors = Dynasty Warriors x Legend of Zelda.
Bomom/Fortune Street = Itadaki Street x Dragon Quest and Mario.

Mega Man X 6/10-I've fallen head over heels in love with this game since I first tried it but the one thing that keeps me from scoring it higher is that X s still a clunker.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
Bayonetta - Wii U

Taking this game individually (not compared to Bayonetta 2, which is the best game to exist since ~2009) I really love it. The game is exciting and action packed, and there are enough puzzles to break up the action, so it doesn't seem so repetitive. The music is phenomenal (that remix of Moon River might be my favorite single video game song ever). I don't really care for the slideshow presentation, but considering this is a PS360 game, I can forgive it. Fixing a lot of the technical issues (particularly from the PS3 version), the Wii U version is the definitive version of the game. An added bonus is the Nintendo-theme costumes, in particular the Samus and Link outfits, which actually change the gameplay (the Princess outfits are meh, imo).

If you own a Wii U, you must own this and its sequel.

★★★★☆

I played the PS3 reboot of Devil May Cry recently. I give it a solid 8/10. The action and combo system is great, the characters are amusing, and the soundtrack is awesome (lots of Combichrist). I'm almost through my second play through the game, and i'll probably start again after that lol

Tales of Graces f (PS3)

I'm only 23 hours into it but I think that's enough time to rate it.

I suck at reviews so I'll just say if you like JRPGs then you need to play it, the story is a little toothless but the characters make the proceedings compelling enough to stick with it, plus the battle system is wonderful fun.

8/10

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD (Wii U)

I'm working on a video walkthrough/LP of this, and every time I play it, I fall in love with it a little bit more. I really enjoyed the original WW on GCN, but this version is a lot better. The world looks absolutely gorgeous, the addition of first-person movement when you have certain items equipped is great, the Swift Sail is absolutely genius, shortening the Triforce shard collecting sequence was also great.

In short, this game has all of the great things the original had PLUS some great additions to the gameplay that make this the definitive version of the game, and one of the best games out there. Not to mention the music for this game is absolutely perfect.

★★★★★

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
stumbled across Elliot Quest a couple days ago. good stuff. 7.5/10 so far

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom