• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Game That You Played

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Devil May Cry feat. Dante from the Devil May Cry series

Been taking a bit of a break from RPG'ing and clearing some shorter games in the old backlog.

I knew pretty well going into this one what I was in for. And DMC1 delivered on a game that's about as much of a mixed bag as it gets.

For every good and fun moment, there was also a moment or three that felt tedious and frustrating. Most notably, the fixed camera consistently worked against the kind of mobility the player is given to mess around with, often being entirely disorienting. Backtracking wasn't particularly enjoyable, nor were the numerous tight corners and sections you have to trek through and fight in. Boss quality was also all over the place. Not only were a small pool of boss fights repeated again and again, but the quality of the fights never got to a point I'd call great, or even good for the most part.

That said, my overall opinion on the game is still positive, because the basics of what DMC1 established are very solid. Dante's movement and combat feel consistent and fairly snappy, despite the player having to fight with the camera. Mixing gunplay with swordplay is never not satisfying, and Devil Trigger makes you feel as powerful as you'd expect and want from a character with abilities like Dante's.

Likewise, the music and tone capture decently well the kind of over-the-top edge and camp I can vibe with. There are a decent amount of items that can reduce the frustration of certain boss designs (thought it doesn't excuse them, it just helps ease annoyance). And the generally short length of the missions prevents any tedium from getting too overwhelming.

DMC1 is a classic example of a first entry in a series. Flawed potential, through and through, especially when its age is taken into consideration. And it's that potential that makes me want to explore more of DMC as a series.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
Demon Slayer: The Hinokami Chronicles
4/10

Gonna be honest, I didn't actually finish this game. I got to the final level, made it halfway through but ended up quitting the level halfway through and now it wants to make me start again from the beginning. No thank you.
Anyway, I have a lot of problems with this game. It's probably quite fun if you're playing it in versus against friends, BUT I HAVE NO FRIENDS so let's talk about story mode umu. There's only about 6 levels in the game, each one being a chapter made of multiple parts. There are sections where you can walk around designated areas to reach a goal, collecting extras along the way. Within these sections you sometimes have to talk to certain people, interact with certain objects, or fight basic demons. The areas are really small, and built in a way that's heavily choreographed. There's also sections where you don't explore and instead fight certain boss demons. I'm totally okay with all of this, even if it's a little slow. The issue I have is the cutscenes. There's so many of them. On average, it took me an hour to beat one level. About 20-30 of that was actual gameplay (walking around, fighting) and only about 10 minutes was actually fighting demons. There were just. So many cutscenes. It was basically just the anime, but in video game graphics. And remember how I mentioned earlier that when you walk around, there's extras you can collect? Well, those extras unlock story scenes which you can access on the menu. Those story scenes are literal clips from the anime. And if you want to get the actual bonuses, you have to watch them. It is literally insane. I could watch the show faster than I could beat this game and it wouldn't be nearly as boring. I will say this- it does offer you the option to skip cutscenes. I could have done that instead of spending 40 minutes a gaming session wanting to jump out a window. But... I wanted the full experience and... yeah.
The fighting in the game is good. Some of the bosses are really challenging, but the game is forgiving and will let you continue if you die (while taking points off your rank of course). And trying to learn how to use all the different characters is really cool. If this game were just versus mode and I had friends to play it with, it'd be a blast. But going through the main story is just... not it.

Uwu_Oocoo2

ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
Double post, so sorry :rosa:

Professor Layton and the Last Specter
9/10

I really enjoyed this game. I haven't played a game with a story this good in a very long time. Every element of the story worked together to form an interesting mystery with satisfying solutions. None of the puzzles in the game were too difficult (although there are a couple I still don't understand). I like that it doesn't force you to do every puzzle to beat the game, although some are required.
To talk about the ending for a second, I'm 50/50 on how it turned it. I thought that having Descole (whom I now love) as the main villain was cheap considering we didn't see him at all until the end. This actually worked out though, with his existence explaining the butler's suspicious actions. My main complaint for the ending was Loosha. Loosha felt so unnecessary and so much focus was placed on him. N o b o d y cares about the blubber seal. I just feel like he drew away from more important story point.
Overall though I liked this game a lot Nad may play other Prof Layton titles in the future. I would really love to learn some more about Descole and see Luke in action more.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
Double post, so sorry :rosa:

Professor Layton and the Last Specter
9/10

I really enjoyed this game. I haven't played a game with a story this good in a very long time. Every element of the story worked together to form an interesting mystery with satisfying solutions. None of the puzzles in the game were too difficult (although there are a couple I still don't understand). I like that it doesn't force you to do every puzzle to beat the game, although some are required.
To talk about the ending for a second, I'm 50/50 on how it turned it. I thought that having Descole (whom I now love) as the main villain was cheap considering we didn't see him at all until the end. This actually worked out though, with his existence explaining the butler's suspicious actions. My main complaint for the ending was Loosha. Loosha felt so unnecessary and so much focus was placed on him. N o b o d y cares about the blubber seal. I just feel like he drew away from more important story point.
Overall though I liked this game a lot Nad may play other Prof Layton titles in the future. I would really love to learn some more about Descole and see Luke in action more.
As the resident Layton guy, your feelings on Last Specter are pretty spot on. Descole is a cool villain but they never really go anywhere with his character until Azran Legacy. The entire Loosha plot point just kinda seemed like a weak attempt at capturing the repeated gut punches of Unwound Future’s ending.

Speaking of, you played the fourth game in the series first, which was a prequel to the first three. I’d recommend that you play the originals first as they not only give some context to the prequels (such as one specific episode in last specter), but they’re just generally agreed upon to be better games.

That being said, the movie takes place immediately after Last Specter, and it’s honestly my favorite of the prequels, I wouldn’t blame you for wanting to watch that first.

Basically what I’m saying is to message me if you want someone to talk to about the rest of the series.

Uwu_Oocoo2

ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
As the resident Layton guy, your feelings on Last Specter are pretty spot on. Descole is a cool villain but they never really go anywhere with his character until Azran Legacy. The entire Loosha plot point just kinda seemed like a weak attempt at capturing the repeated gut punches of Unwound Future’s ending.

Speaking of, you played the fourth game in the series first, which was a prequel to the first three. I’d recommend that you play the originals first as they not only give some context to the prequels (such as one specific episode in last specter), but they’re just generally agreed upon to be better games.

That being said, the movie takes place immediately after Last Specter, and it’s honestly my favorite of the prequels, I wouldn’t blame you for wanting to watch that first.

Basically what I’m saying is to message me if you want someone to talk to about the rest of the series.
I actually watched the movie before I played this game so I can see how that order makes sense. I'll be sure to look into the actual first game.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Shin Megami Tensei V: from the experience I had playing it, I have to say 10/10. Loved all the demon types art, the story and gameplay.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
Golden Deer route for FE Three Houses
I think I still like the Black Eagle crew more, but story wise, this route walks all over Black Eagles. There's more story going on in comparison (and WAY more CGI cutscenes), and I feel a little better being at Claude's side than Edelgard's. I've started to feel a little burnout so it'll take me a bit to pick it back up for Blue Lions, but at the same time, I look forward to see what that has to offer.

Uwu_Oocoo2

ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
Professor Layton Miracle Mask
9/10

Young Layton's hair XD
I really, really liked this game. Honestly the story had me the entire time. Definately a different vibe from the Last Specter, but in a good way. I feel like the puzzles were easier in this game and the story was much more intriguing. Also there was a dungeon crawl, which as a Zelda fan I can respect (I cannot, however, respect RANDALL for making me solve every puzzle and fight all the robo mummies. C'mon, man. Not cool.)
The ending. Was amazing. Every second of the hotel and collecting those books had me holding my breath. Don't read this spoiler if you plan to play the game-
The Randall reveal killed me. My three theories as to the Masked Gentleman's identity were Descole, Randall, or Lieutenant Bloom. By the time I was reading those books I pretty much knew it was Randall but... the pure hatred there was shocking. Especially after seeing the picture in Henry's office and learning about how he spent years financing search parties to find his friend. It was truly heartbreaking. I'm so glad everything worked out in the end to where Randall was finally able to see how much he was loved and missed, and to get the reunion he deserved. Plus I suppose that technically his whole Masked Gentleman spree actually made himself more rich lol. The whole storybuilding at the end there was impactful. And I admit. The game got me. I was really starting to think that Descole wasn't gonna be in this one. But SURPRISE there he is at the very end again. It's kinda funny that all 3 of my guesses turned out to be evil.

I'm going to play Azran Legacy after this to finish up the prequels and then take a break from puzzles for a bit. This game did a really good job of building up for the next one. From the first time Randall mentioned the Azran I knew it was setting the stage. I didn't realize how everything up until this point, including the movie, was connected. The post credit sequence has me hyped and ready for the next game.

Uwu_Oocoo2

ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
Double post again, so sorry! You guys need to finish games faster!

Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy
9/10

I've given all 3 Layton games I've played so far a 9/10. This one balances with the other two because it got a lot of bonus points for story and lost a bit for the gameplay. I really enjoyed this game. Having Sycamore as part of the group was an absolute treat. My main issue with it was just how the story was laid out. In the other two games I played, we were stationed in one city and investigating one multi tiered mystery. I like the traveling to different areas in this one, but it didn't feel like we were investigating anything. It was just a giant fetch quest and then all of the soup opera story elements were heaped on us at the very end. I gotta say, I LOVED the ending (slight? spoiler warning). It was very strong. The way they revealed the truth about Layton's past was spectacular. There were high stakes. And the thing with Emmy... I actually almost died I was so shocked. Anyone who played this knows what I'm referring to. I thought that everything at the very end played out in the perfect fashion. But everything in the middle, gathering the eggs, was irrelevant. I wasn't actually figuring out anything aside from the tribal cheif's vision problems.
My best friend says this is her favorite Layton Game and the best. I've heard from other people that it's the best. I really, really liked it. I got a lot of Descole which is always a plus. But if I were to rank the games this one wouldn't be at the top for me. I'd probably give that spot to Miracle Mask.

RamboBambiBambo

RamboBambiBamboBingoBongoBoiyo
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom's Prequel

9/10
This wild game took my breath away.

My only gripe is that you cannot pet the dogs and the rain just LOVES to impede your progress every time you want to climb a cliff or mountain.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
Xenoblade 3
This game so makes up for the shortcomings of 2. Not to mention it is freaking dense and I easily could've put off finishing it if I wanted to while doing other things in the game. And that ending...I can't remember the last time I cried like that over a game's ending. Plenty of endings have brought me to tears but I was borderline bawling after I finished this. Characters are excellent, and while the game can drag in a few spots, I would still call the whole thing a satisfying experience. It is UP there for me in favorites.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

This took me way too long, you’d better read all of it.

Despite the amount of games I’ve been playing recently, I didn’t have much to say about a whole lot of them (aside from the obvious guild games). But then I played SotN for the first time and uh… it’s certainly one of the games of all time.

So to preface this, I enjoyed the game. Its certainly my favorite Castlevania game, at least out of the 4 that I’ve played. It’s far and away better than Castlevania 1 and Rondo of Blood, and while I thought that Super Castlevania IV was fun overall it also had its fair share of that patented Castlevania bull****. My point is that even disregarding the genre shift, SotN is a generally more enjoyable experience most of the time. That being said…

If I had to describe this game in one word, it would be “unfocused.” This is a vastly different game from every single one of its predecessors in nearly every way. I think the excuse is that since you’re playing as Alucard, not a Belmont, the game should be completely different. The problem is that even the game itself doesn’t seem to know how it should be different. Yes there’s the obvious Metroidvania aspect, but they also cram in a stat and leveling system, a familiar system, equipment, transformations, spells, a shop, etc. and none of it is as fleshed out as it reasonably should be.

Let me start with the obvious. This is generally considered to be one of the defining Metroidvanias of the entire genre, taking obvious inspiration from Super Metroid in particular from the map designs to even some of the abilities. However I’d argue that this is a Metroidvania with the largest of asterisks. The amount of items that are either required for progression or can directly effect progression are no more than 13. 2 of these items are both required for the same check and nothing else so that effectively brings it down to 12. Another 5 of these checks do the same thing as the last 2, but worse because they don’t require any sort of real exploration and instead rely on you retreading in a “bizarro/dark world” castle to fight bosses that you already have access to (more on that later) so that brings it down to 8. Then of those 8, 4 of them (including the ones I condensed from earlier) unlock exactly 1 thing so they might as well not exist at that point. That leaves exactly 4 items that do anything noteworthy, being the double jump, mist, bat transformation, and the “Jewel of Open” which is just a magic rock that opens exactly 2 doors in the game. Let’s compare that to the items in Super Metroid that actually open stuff up in a non-randomized game. We have

1. Morph ball
  2. Morph ball bombs
  3. Your first Power Bomb upgrade
  4. Your first missile upgrade
  5. Your first super missile upgrade
  6. Ice beam
  7. Wave beam
  8. Charge beam
  9. Plasma beam
  10. Grapple beam
  11. High jump boots
  12. Speed booster
  13. Space jump
  14. Screw attack
  15. Varia Suit
  16. Gravity Suit

That’s 16 items, most of which not only are required to unlock certain areas of the game to the average player, but could also be easily avoided through player knowledge. Thats not even accounting for the items that would absolutely be required on a first time play through like the x-ray scope or ammunition. Remember, SotN has 4.

The entire point of a Metroidvania is to reward players for their game knowledge by letting them figure out how to navigate around the map however they want in spite of restrictions that the game presents itself as having. Metroidvanias (and games with an item based system of progression in general like pre-BotW Zelda) are restrictive by nature, thats the point. The fun doesn’t stem from being open, or non-linear, or any other buzzword that people use to describe why they only want Zelda to be discount Elder Scrolls and nothing else, the fun stems from figuring out how to circumvent those restrictions. By this perspective, the Temple of the Ocean King from Phantom Hourglass alone is a better metroidvania than SotN. Yes, there are certainly other items that unlock stuff, but they only lead to optional, dime-a-dozen pieces of equipment, consumables, or worthless relics, which leads me into my next point:

There are too many unimportant items. Some of them are major items like “Faerie Scroll”, which tells you the name of the enemy that you’re attacking. Wee. Or the all-powerful “Spirit Orb” which tells you the enemies damage (no, not how much health they have left, that would’ve actually been useful. It just tells you how much damage you just did to them). 5 of them summon different familiars. All of them but the fairy effectively do exactly one thing, and that is hover around you and maybe attack something for 12 damage every once in a while if you’re lucky. They can also level up to do more damage with different attacks, but with how little they help why bother? They also dedicate an entire page of the menu screen to them. Oh and who could forget the merman statue? It summons the boat man in one specific place, allowing you to go through a 2 minute boat ride to get to one extra item, being the holy symbol. The holy symbol simply makes you immune to the damage you take from being in the water, even though water is rarely ever in any hazardous position.

Some of the items are consumables, like food, potions and projectiles. A lot of these just feel like they were filling out the list of items because they just feel redundant. Every food item does the exact same thing, but there are hundreds of them because of… reasons. On top of that, there are healing potions that just heal you just like food, only in a slightly different way. Every consumable seems to have this problem to the point where the only ones that I ever used were the potions.

Most of the worthless items, however, are simply equipment. Alucard has 2 weapons slots (one for each hand), a cloak clot, a headgear slot, an armor slot, 2 jewelry slots, and I think in future releases a third hand specifically used for healing items. There are hundreds of swords, armors, rings, pendants etc. Sometimes they give you an ability thats actually rather helpful, like slowly healing you as you walk or giving you some new attack patterns, but most of them just give you better stats.

Stats. In a Metroidvania. Why?

And I don’t mean a basic “attack” and “health” stat that are increased exclusively through permanent upgrades, that’s understandable as it can make tough encounters easier through exploration rather than just grinding for an hour. I mean a full stat system complete with a ton of different stats that seem completely meaningless until you look them up. These stats are increased by both equipping items and a level-up system. Why is this necessary? What is the purpose of introducing an experience based level system in a metroidvania? The entire point is to reward exploration with progression, so forcing players to kill enemies to grind for experience isn’t going to do anything but pad out the game. As soon as you introduce a level up system that increases 6 different stats, then I have to really question your motives. An intelligence stat is never necessary in a genre thats progression is almost completely tied to item gating. Same with the Constitution stat. And the luck stat. And the strength stat. By adding a level system all you’ve done is made things more confusing than it needs to be.

On the topic of mechanics that are traditionally found in an RPG, theres also an MP meter. This is used to cast spells, use transformations, and use abilities tied to said transformations. Mist is pretty useful for dodging attacks if you can get the timing right (and theres an upgrade later that lets you hold it for longer), and the bat transformation lets you fly which is always helpful, but all of its upgrades are kinda worthless. There is exactly one spell that’s even remotely useful, and no newcomer will ever use it because, surprise surprise, its tied to a damn fighting game input and not a button like any normal game would have it. The wolf transformation is the 2nd most pointless wolf transformation I’ve ever experienced in a video game (hey at least you can do a jump-dash thingie with it, Wolf Link can’t do that). This is all just to say that the magic meter is pretty lacking in a purpose unless you heavily rely on using the mist and bat abilities, and it really shouldn’t have been that hard to add something else.

For instance, sub weapons return, but they feel less like a well thought out mechanic and more like an obligation. All of the mainstays return, the Axe, Cross, stopwatch, holy water, etc. They all do the same thing as before, except for the cross oddly enough, which is replaced by the item crash variant from Rondo of Blood. One would think that these sub weapons would have to be assigned to one of Alucards hand slots, and you would be wrong. They instead have their own separate slot. Why even bother having 2 separate hand slots if you’re just going to add another attack option that uses a hand? This is also a pain because SotN makes you use the same input as Castlevania 1 to use the sub weapons, being up on the D-pad and whatever your attack button is. There’s a reason why Super Castlevania IV got rid of this and tied it to the shoulder button instead. I accidentally threw my sub weapon far too many times to count just because I was accidentally holding up while attacking, which became a huge problem when I had the cross equipped. They also use their own separate heart meter as opposed to using the stamina for whatever reason. Why? Why have another resource for an ability that could’ve been tied to MP just fine? Its another mechanic in a game that already has so many that just don’t mesh together at all. Its because of this and the awful spell system that I rarely ever increased my INT, the stat that determines the damage of Magic, sub-weapons, and familiars.

Not that you’d ever know that without searching on google because Symphony of the Night refuses to ever explain any of its mechanics. The INT, for example, has no description anywhere outside of the manual, and even inside of the manual it just says “this affects your magic power.” It never even mentions that its tied to sub weapons or familiars. Or how about the fact that theres a day/night system in the game? I bet that a good 90% of the people who’ve actually finished SotN don’t even know that there is one. Apparently there are exactly 2 items that are even affected by it, one increases your stats during the day, the other at night. Neither item actually tells you that theres a timer, and the lighting and backgrounds never change to match the time either. That would be like if Ocarina of Time had an optional item with the description of “protects you from cowboys” only for there to be exactly one cowboy in the game that never is even referred to as one. Hey remember those fighting game inputs from earlier? Well apparently a good number of equipment and relics have their own special abilities that use them. Only there isn’t a single item (that I found) that actually tells you what the required inputs are or even if they have an ability. I got one relic, the gravity boots, and expected them to just increase my jump hight like the high jump boots in Super Metroid, only to find that they didn’t do a damn thing. Apparently you have to press down, up, and then jump to get them to work. Apparently the bat form has a dash attack that requires you to figure out that you need to do a near 3/4 circle turn on the dpad while holding jump. Apparently the weapon that I beat the game with had two, one of which I actually managed to figure out myself because its just the hadoken, but the other one would just randomly activate while I’m trying to move around, and it causes Alucard to freeze in air for 3 seconds leaving him wide open to attack. I thought the peanut item was just a joke item because the description for it was simply “difficult to eat” and using it just caused Alucard to toss it upwards. Apparently you’re supposed to hold up on the dpad for him to catch it in his mouth, and it’s actually one of the best food items in the entire game. Apparently there’s an elemental damage system, where some enemies are weak to certain attacks. The only reason I knew this was because there are consumables that give you a resistance to certain elements, but it never tells what attacks are tied to which elements, neither for you or the enemy. That would’ve been nice to know. These are just a few of the many examples that I found where the game just refuses to tell me what I’m supposed to do on a basic level. People complain all the time about handholding in games, particularly ones that came out in the PS1/N64 generation onwards, but its better than this alternative by a country mile. It’s ok to forget to explain a few minor things here and there, hell I still don’t know how to do a crystal flash in Super Metroid (and I’m willing to bet that a good chunk of you didn’t even know that was a thing) yet its still one of my favorite games of all time. The difference is that while Super Metroid’s explanation shortcomings ends with at least attempting to explain most of the more complex mechanics in some way, SotN just expects you to know core aspects of the game right off the bat. Out of everything that I complained about with this game, this is by far the worst offender, with a close second going to the padding.

This game makes Skyward Sword look like its pressed for time and has a flight in an hour so it doesn’t want to be stuck with you too long. The sheer amount of filler in SotN is painful. For one thing, every hallway is about 5 times as long as it needs to be, which gets to be a problem in a game that supposedly revolves around exploring every nook and cranny for secrets because you’ll end up going a good 5-10 minutes before you find anything even remotely interesting. Then we get to the “bad ending.” Where unless you got 2 very specific items from polar opposite sides of the castle and wore them in a very specific room, you kill Richter and get the bad ending. Once again the game never tells you this and just expects you to know.

Once you do this though and beat the thing controlling richter, a cutscene showing an upside down duplicate of the castle appearing. You now have to explore the same exact castle, but now its upside down and has some new enemies.

Listen, I’m not gonna say that it isn’t a cool cutscene, and the concept of exploring an upside down variant of the map you just explored is awesome, but my God the castle was not made with upside down traversal in mind at all. Every single ledge was too high for Alucard’s base jump, and since the game never told me how to use the high jump boots, Every single jump forced me to use the bat transformation, and while that didn’t take nearly enough MP for that to be an issue, it does take a whole second to actually transform and another to transform back, which adds up throughout the entire castle. Of course this is also when the game decides to start throwing a ton of enemies at you with nearly unavoidable attack patterns, particularly in the reverse caverns and the anti chapel, so on top of being forced to use a slow moving bat, I’m now constantly taking deaths every few minutes. Of course this is also where the lack of a true metroidvania progression is at its fullest. The only things blocking you from the final boss are 5 more relics, being dracula’s remains from Castlevania 2. These are literally just obtained by going to the same boss rooms as before and killing a new boss. Nothing is blocking said bosses since the map is the exact same, all that you do is make a single loop around the castle and go back to the center room. The entirety of the second castle is completely and utterly pointless, and the game would’ve been significantly better without it.

I swear I wasn’t lying when I said I liked this game.

As much crap as I gave the games stat system and lack of tutorial, the games combat is really fun once you get the hang of it. The variety of weapon types at your disposal is pretty amazing, even if I wish they could actually unlock stuff as opposed to being used exclusively as alternate attack patterns. Personally I liked attacking with the fist-based weapons for their speed, but if I ever play this game again then I can see myself actively wanting to learn how to properly use other weapons and attacks, as well as wanting to really get good at fighting various enemies. The enemies (including bosses) ranged from complete bull**** to decent challenge to “holy crap its super easy to cheese this,” so basically what I’ve come to expect from Castlevania. If I ever replay this game, it will exclusively be because of the combat.

Another positive aspect of this game, albeit one thats talked over to death, is the pixel artstyle. I mean, yeah everyone is right, it looks amazing. It makes me wish that we had a few more sprite based console games in the 5th generation, because these are great. The music is, great, but I honestly think that it’s weaker than the other Castlevania games that I’ve played. Also what the hell is that end credits song?

Wait I’m supposed to be talking about the things that I like.

The castle itself is really fun to explore. Each area truly stood out from the rest, at least in the normal castle. Nearly every room remains memorable, even now as a write this I can still picture them in my mind. In this instance, I actually think I’d give the edge to SotN over Super Metroid. Good on ya SotN.

And that’s about it. I know that it seems like I was overly harsh on this game, but I did enjoy it. If it’s any consolation, SotN has convinced me to eventually check out the GBA titles in the future. Still, it is a rough game to play at times, and even the good parts are filled with some rather frustrating design. I liked it, but it absolutely pales in comparison to what the best of Metroid has to offer.

7/10, but like, a really deflated 7/10

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom