• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Game That You Played

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
Resident Evil Revelations 2

was still in the process of doing the add on stories but as for the main campaign goes, I really liked it, I think even more so than the first Revelations but its been years since I played that, so cool to play in handheld mode on the switch too

Genshin Impact

This is a free to play Chinese Breath of the Wild clone. It is gacha as hell and really lays on the grind thick after the first half hour.

The shame is that the characters have very cool designs and are likeable, the world is very pretty and serene and fun to roam around in and the music is rather lovely too.

But the microtransations and the grind and the gacha is all just too much.

If this was a full priced game with none of the money grubbing then it'd be worth a go. As it is, it doesn't just want your money, it wants your blood and tears too.

Half good, half bad, and the bad is so bad.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
Thug Mansion 3

After the admitted disappointment I had w/ Dark Moon, I'm glad to say that this game faired way better. The tone, graphical style, and soundtrack still feel kinda tainted from Dark Moon, but the gameplay is such a great improvement that I can put all that in the background. The exploration felt a little more closer to the first game, not quite there, but it's in the right direction. I like how the ghost slamming thing is something Luigi does entirely on his own, like he doesn't learn it from anyone, it's just something he can do all of a sudden. I like to think after going through a bunch of haunted places already, Luigi's had enough of these ghosts.

While I'm not a big fan of how his voice is on here, I loved his expressions alongside the other characters, like all this could be in a movie. I like how Hellen keeps wanting to get noticed by King Boo, she obviously has a thing for him. Almost reminds me of Nastasia and Count Bleck in a way, except not as harmful.

bottom line, I had a great time here, it falls right behind the first game for me

Killer Instinct Xbone

FragrantThoughtfulAmericancurl-size_restricted.gif
/10

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Well, I've been working on Super Mario Galaxy in small play sessions since I've never beaten the game before, and am now in the last stretch of it, near the end.

I don't know why I enjoyed playing the parts I did when I was younger, but there are issues that keep cropping up and affecting my enjoyment of it now.

Namely the camera. 64's camera had its limits, but it influenced the gameplay far less often for me personally than Galaxy's camera does. I can't count how many times I've been completely disoriented by moving around when the camera is doing its own thing. Or even killed myself because the camera moved at the wrong time and I fell into a black hole. I know the Galaxy games were designed with that kind of camera in mind, but 2 did it way better than 1 ever did, imo. I think the problem stems from trying to blend the galaxies' stage design with such a restrictive camera, given that Galaxy was the first game to try something like that.

As of now, I think Galaxy is an average game, but with major issues that keep me from enjoying it fully.

Now that I've played through most of it, I'd say Galaxy is a game that tends to rely on gimmicks and spectacle rather than tight platforming that feels satisfying to pull off.

Almost everything it introduced Galaxy 2 did better. I don't see myself returning to it in the future.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Tomb Raider (2013) - 7/10
Rise of the Tomb Raider 9/10
Shadow of the Tomb Raider 6/10

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle

this game was full of surprises, it gets pretty challenging the more you go on and was more in-depth than I expected, and I guess that's it, I had no idea what to expect from this and came out pleasantly surprised

never did I think I'd see the word "hell" in a Mario game either [one of Mario's early guns is literally called "hell in a shell"], this whole idea seems like one big bizarre experiment that, in my opinion, paid off really well

EDIT: I'll just mention it briefly, I also played my brother's Rayman Raving Rabbids, and yeah, there's no reason anyone here should ever need to play that game, and I would have been more content going on w/ my life not knowing gangsta Rayman was a thing

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 90890

Old School RuneScape

For a game that originally came out nearly two decades ago, this is still fairly enjoyable. Its lore is surprisingly expansive, and the player-player interactions do keep one occupied.

Gameplay-wise, although it does get rather grind-heavy, I'd say it has enough features to keep new players joining, and old players returning. I'd give it a 7/10, it's a nice game to come back to from time to time.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
The Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning, beat it much quicker than I thought

I like this game, my main complaint are the waves of enemies that keep coming at you in a few sections, it kinda brings out the repetitious nature of the combat b/c if I can go by w/o fighting, then yeah I'm just not gonna fight, but otherwise I had a decent time here

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
The Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning, beat it much quicker than I thought

I like this game, my main complaint are the waves of enemies that keep coming at you in a few sections, it kinda brings out the repetitious nature of the combat b/c if I can go by w/o fighting, then yeah I'm just not gonna fight, but otherwise I had a decent time here
Lightning breathing enemies off of cliffs is one of the greatest cheeses in video game history. While the melee combat can become tedious (though some combos are downright DMC-ish), the various elemental breaths are fun to pull off at just the right time. Also, can I just say the Elijah Wood made for the perfect casting choice as Spyro?

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
Lightning breathing enemies off of cliffs is one of the greatest cheeses in video game history. While the melee combat can become tedious (though some combos are downright DMC-ish), the various elemental breaths are fun to pull off at just the right time. Also, can I just say the Elijah Wood made for the perfect casting choice as Spyro?
oh dude the lightning breath is freaking awesome just for that, heck enemies can even die just being pushed out of a high ledge, it's great that even bulky enemies can be pushed liked nothing w/ that breath
and I completely agree, he's the best spyro voice aside from tom kenny

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword - 8.5/10

Not the first time I've played the game, but it was the first time I've completed Hector mode. Just a casual, fun time curbstomping most of the game ('cept for the final chapter where I lost a few units). Not my favorite FE game (that'd be Radiant Dawn), but I still enjoy playing it quite a bit.

Persona 4 Golden - Highly recommended

I'm playing the vita version of this via a PSTV.
If you come from PS5 (as I have) then you'll notice the game istechnically inferior in a few ways to P5. Don't let that worry you. The story is still great, the characters arguably have more personality than the P5 cast and the overall aesthetic is easy to look at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom