• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Game That You Played

Eli Ayase

Bass singer extraordinaire.
The Elder Scrolls V: Skrim

10/10.

It is filled with glitches, some are funny like mammoths floating in the sky like if being lifted by an alien spacecraft and falling down, sometimes dying.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
The Elder Scrolls V: Skrim

10/10.

It is filled with glitches, some are funny like mammoths floating in the sky like if being lifted by an alien spacecraft and falling down, sometimes dying.
If you're playing on PC u gotta mod dat sheeeet.

If you're not playing on PC then you're doing it wrong and you need to re-evaluate your life choices.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
The Legend of Kay — Anniversary Edition

I’ve never played the original PS2 release as I’ve almost exclusively been a Nintendo console owner (so I have no nostalgia with this playthrough), but this game has what I’ve been looking for that modern games just don’t seem offer anymore. The platforming was a little loose with a floaty jump mechanic which does make for some frustrating old-school gameplay, but the game itself was a welcome change in the types of games that are available.

Overall, I’d say a solid 7.5/10.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Final Fantasy VII Remake - 8/10

An overall solid game with a challenging battle system and deep customization, FF7R stands as one of the last great titles to grace the PS4. However, extraneous bottlenecks and a surplus of forced walking segments holds the game back in favor of padding. I'm content with the time I put into it, however, and although there's still more to the story, it feels like everything that the cast set out to do was wrapped up nicely.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
Don't open your eyes - 9/10

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Discworld
Point-and-click adventure game from 1995. I played the sequel as a child and it changed my life. Never played the first, though, or the third, and finally found a version of them I can run.

The game is hilarious and charming and wonderful in all the ways Discworld should be, with fantastic voice work from a ridiculously small but ridiculously talented cast. The puzzles come in three flavours: simple and easy; obtuse but following a kind of lateral logic that you can work out if you let your brain tick over the problem long enough; and impossible 'go **** yourself' puzzles that you will essentially need a guide for.

There's lots of wandering around not knowing what to do for ages, then you'll sarcastically think "I bet I've got to clog the chimney with the Hogfather doll since the Hogfather comes down the chimney," and then that's exactly what you have to do. You get into the rhythm of it after a while, so by the time the parrot is asking for a cracker you know you have to throw a firecracker at it without too much difficulty.

It's good :rosa:

Spirit hot take in 3, 2, 1...

Assassin's Creed Odyssey - 4/10

Why do I keep trying with this series. This, Monster Hunter and Final Fantasy are franchises I keep trying to like but can't.

I do not like this game. Ancient Greece is cool, so how the hell have Ubisoft managed to make everything so dull?
The characters are all dull and generic, even the main character (I played as Kassandra).

The world can look damn beautiful but it just feels like a tour of assets that repeat far too fast to be comfortable in a game about exploration.
Nothing breathes with life, it just feels like a generated world. I know its going for historical accuracy but I don't see entertainment I just see dev code.

The free-running is fine, but you can pretty much climb anything so it should have gone with the BotW approach since footholds and ledges are absent a lot of the time, instead of keeping to the Uncharted style of movement.

The combat is trash though. It's bloody awful. I can't stand it. It makes me sad. I'm excellent at action games and can get platinum trophies in Bayonetta without needing to break a sweat, but this is just trash.
Problem is, the game is very combat heavy. It really shouldn't be it should know what it is good at and combat isn't what it is good at at all.

The naval combat is meh too. I really don't enjoy it. Though ramming is kind of fun.

A lot of money and time and effort has gone into this game and you can tell but it translates into such a hollow experience. It feels like a chore. Like cleaning the world's most beautiful pots and pans after a gorgeous meal you didn't get to have any of.

Last edited:
Luigi's Mansion 3: 7.5/10

- Very polished in its attention to detail
- Most puzzles are pretty creative & fun with a few minor annoyances.
- Like the inclusion of Gooigi in addition to the previous' games functions (Dark light)
- Bosses mostly have their own gimmick to keep things fresh and whilst the soundtrack is nothing amazing it's definitely atmospheric to the floor.

- Would've liked the upgrade feature from LM2 to keep getting more proficient at taking down the weaker ghosts as the game progresses
- a few of the puzzles are really annoying to figure out.

Discworld
Point-and-click adventure game from 1995. I played the sequel as a child and it changed my life. Never played the first, though, or the third, and finally found a version of them I can run.

The game is hilarious and charming and wonderful in all the ways Discworld should be, with fantastic voice work from a ridiculously small but ridiculously talented cast. The puzzles come in three flavours: simple and easy; obtuse but following a kind of lateral logic that you can work out if you let your brain tick over the problem long enough; and impossible 'go **** yourself' puzzles that you will essentially need a guide for.

There's lots of wandering around not knowing what to do for ages, then you'll sarcastically think "I bet I've got to clog the chimney with the Hogfather doll since the Hogfather comes down the chimney," and then that's exactly what you have to do. You get into the rhythm of it after a while, so by the time the parrot is asking for a cracker you know you have to throw a firecracker at it without too much difficulty.

It's good :rosa:
Aah Discworld this game brings back some fond memories for me i agree about the voice work being brilliant and it was a masterstroke to get Eric idle involved as a lot of Pratchett's work is similar to python and i love the humor. I definitely enjoyed 2 more though for a few reasons 1. Death is my favorite Discworld character 2. the puzzles had a bit more logic to them and 3 . anything that includes Cut me own throat Dibbler gets my vote every time, great classic games both of them though.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
@dragonsroar I like the second game more, as well. Like you say, it's a lot less... odd in its logic, and it gives a lot more hints than the first. And Dibbler is a treat in it. I've had "Popcorn! Do-it-yerself popcorn!" ringing in my head since I was six, lmao.

The first was great fun, too, though, and I enjoyed it a lot. I'm playing 2 again, and once I'm done I'm going to play Discworld Noir for the first time. Very excited for it.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
Star Fox Zero

you know what? this game really isn't bad, the levels were cool and varied and the music was pretty darn good too, but I have two noteworthy gripes w/ it that I need to bring up

1. WHY does this have to be a reboot? I really wished this new star fox game would continue on from assault and have kept the voice cast from that game, instead it just retreads 64 and reuses/redoes a lot of lines, ideas, and set pieces. There's plenty of great ideas here too though, like I love how they brought back the walker from star fox 2, and some of the alternate paths were pretty interesting. But it's the same story from 64, and we could already revisit a remade version of that game on the 3ds, so.....why remake it again basically? I know why of course but they really had a good thing going w/ assault, but instead of continuing off of it, they just went back and redid 64...after having already redid 64 like I just said. It just bugs the hell out of me and of course the game sold poorly, so who knows when we can expect another star fox, let alone what it's gonna be about.
oh also the UI is basically lifted from 64 3d, which even more just makes me ask why?

2. the gamepad controls work fine enough until you get to wide open areas w/ all range mode and with plenty of things to deal w/ on screen, the best I can say to sum it up is yes, it is as disorientating as it looks to play it
I was able to get used to the controls, but that doesn't mean it was w/o issue, some of the boss fights are where I saw the worst of the disorientation, you gotta keep an eye on the gamepad to shoot its weak point yet also look at the TV to dodge attacks, it can be a mess sometimes, the bird boss in Fortuna comes to mind specifically

I still had a pretty good time w/ the game though, and if you like 64, then you're probably gonna like zero too [if you can manage the controls], I just wish things would have gone differently than what we got

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom