• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Game That You Played

Cfrock

Keep it strong
The Witcher 3: Blood and Wine

I love how colourful Toussaint is. Beauclair looks like it's made out of French Fancies :rosa:

Lots of vampires. Very cool. Lots of funny accents. Very cool. Geralt looks directly at the camera at the end. Cringe.

Overall I give it a Fat Willy Mode Engaged/10

Last game I beaten was Super Mario World, overall I give it a 9/10. The only thing I can deduct from it is no permanent collectibles, so collecting the Dragon Coins and Power Moons are useless unless you need lives.

But overall, it's a Timeless Classic.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Tokyo Dark
Spent the day playing an anime visual novel. I know, I know, I'm surprised I'm alive, too.

It was a very interesting game. There was a section that had me eating delicious pancakes and making cat noises with an adorable maid, and then a section with me going in circles in the Suicide Forest as more and more hanging corpses appear in the mist. This game gets intense at times. It legitimately scared me and legitimately upset me. I was also very surprised to find that what I thought would be the 'Good' ending doesn't seem to have been the 'Good' ending after all.

Looking forward to going back through and making different choices. Hoping for a somewhat better outcome next time.

Thank you to @Christmas Spirit for the recommendation <3

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Pokemon Sword: 8/10 It's good but not great like other of its predecessors were. (IMO) From my personal point of view, I think it lacks extra things to do after you finish the main quest, which is to become champion, like always. Sure, you had that little extra story with those two nobles, but then the whole being in the wild running around gets old too fast just picking stuff up and hunting in the dens. I also didn't feel the story had a gripping sensation to it, like that of X's and Y's had back in the day. More over, I feel like too many good pokemon were left out. Also, this is just a little extra of my opinion of what I would remove from the game in order to make it better: I would remove the whole thing about having pokemon learning moves that don't really belong to them; like for example a Gardevoir knowing grass and electric moves. In competitive battling, I think it's just ridiculous seeing some fairy type pokemon hitting my Mawile with a fire move and KOing it. lol That kind of thing is silly, and I know it adds to the whole battle strategy system, but I think it would be better if a pokemon didn't have too many outs like that just to be able to stand up to a pokemon that it's weak against.

Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex 8/10.

Mostly due to nostalgia, but I've beaten this game countless times, 106%ed it twice, this time being the second, and I can finally say I've beaten it in one sitting 106% as well. However, I would not recommend it, as if you haven't trained mind into beating every single level without difficulty, even the levels that you unlock with the relics, the game will be brutal. Like I said, I've completed this game countless times, so I know the first 25 Levels by heart. It only took me 4 hours to beat the game, but because I haven't practiced the last five levels that often, it took me an additional in 13 hours to beat it a 106%. And afterwards I was exhausted. It's definitely worth the play if you never got the chance to play the original trilogy.

However, there's a lot more visual glitches in the GameCube version, the PlayStation 2 version fix those visual glitches but the loading times take forever, so it's a give-and-take. Personally, I prefer to PlayStation 2 version.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
Castlevania the Adventure Rebirth
really good game honestly, it's not really a straight remake of the original game boy version, it's more so a remix or reimagining, heck the stage 1 song is the same from bloodlines
stage select is weird though b/c you have to hold right on the main menu, , its a solid game though if a bit on the short side

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
Pretty good. I'm very glad it didn't do the 'inverted castle' thing Symphony and Harmony both did, but I don't really like the way you get souls. It can be a grind. I also never really took to Soma as a character. Just make it about Julius fighting Dracula, let's not complicate things. I also think it's hilarious how Arikado is just Alucard in a stereotypical Asian accent. It's like Alucard tried to disguise himself and the best he could do was say his own name in a racist accent, lmao. Good game. Would recommend.

Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin
My copy of this game — which I bought second-hand from a Chinese retailer — doesn't work. Never trust Communists/10.

Puzzle Agent & Puzzle Agent 2
Both are short and basically act as a 'part 1' and 'part 2' situation. I can imagine only playing the first will be very unsatisfying for many people. These are basically Professor Layton if Professor Layton was a cartoon based on Twin Peaks and The X-Files instead of an anime based on accordion music and hideous villagers. Very fun for an afternoon of puzzles that aren't too taxing and a story that is funny and full of charm. Would recommend.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Super Mario Odyssey 9/10 - I never got far in this game when I first got it but a couple of years later I decided to give it another go. I didn't find the first bit that interesting unlike Galaxy which I got into straight away loving the gravity and space theme.

Still, determined to stop Bowser's wedding to kidnapped peach, I persisted past the tutorial area, meeting my side companion cappy who is a cap that captures enemies and allows you to possess their bodies. Or you can throw it and use it for various other purposes.

I liked taking control of the T rex in the first actual level. I found that fun. Fighting the morbidly obese rabbit with the pet chain chomp was good too.

The next area, the desert wasn't that interesting though I liked the sugar skull people and found them to be a cute race. It picked up when I went down a hole and fought an enemy which reminded me of Gohdan.

Next I was presented with a choice of which world to visit. I could pick either a watery one (hell naw!) Or a forest one (Ooooh yeeeah!) The forest had some mechanical watering can robot people in it and a catchy theme when you get out of the first section. Speaking of the music this game has a few rather catchy themes which certainly is welcome. I'd say most are not as memorable as some of the Mario Galaxy themes. When that game came out there was a big deal made about the music as it was the first fully orchestrated Mario adventure.

I didn't really like the lake continent but generally I enjoyed the worlds the game took me to. There's an ice one and even a lunch world which was clearly a repurposed lava level as it still has all the fire enemies left in but they obviously changed it into pools of pink...goo... I guess you might describe it as.

The New Donk city was another rather interesting setting as it was modelled after a human city and its got actual humans in it. Mario is a midget compared to everyone btw. If they are 5ft 9 average height then Mario is a 2ft primordial dwarf, no question about it. Just imagine what he would look like next to Ganondorf. This city level also features a quest where you get a band together who along with the mayor perform the games main and most enjoyable theme, 'Jump Up Super Star' whilst you complete a classic 2D mario style mission.

I found Bowser's castle in this game to be much improved over his usual traditional lair. This time opting for a Japanese temple theme and I love one of the bits of music in it which the kites and lanterns dance along with the beat to. I also liked these pinocchio nosed birds which you can take control of with your hat powers and use their noses to jab into and ping yourself up walls.

The bowser fights weren't as good or epic as those in Galaxy or Galaxy 2 but they weren't bad by any means. Id say a bit more challenging too. I found the final area on the moon quite fun with the low gravity and found the ending of the game rather amusing.

Just got to wait for Odyssey 2 now! This one turned out very good. A decent length too I might add, unlike the very (and dissapotingly) short Galaxy games. What they should do is bring the more open level design from this one along with the length and put them back in space making Galaxy 3. Well thats if they wanted to create the best mario ever anyway.

Last edited:

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Mages of Mystralia
It's nice. Charming, nice to look at, interesting idea of making spells using runes. But I am not going to finish it because, for whatever reason, it just hasn't hooked me. I can feel myself thinking 'How much longer is left?' as I play, and if I'm only playing it so that I can stop playing it then why not just stop playing it right now?

I'm not done with this game yet, I still have a little bit more to do, but I guess I can rate it now.

Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal, 6/10.

This is my first time playing the game without any previous save data for Ratchet & Clank and Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando. I was expecting to run out of money this playthrough, but I never did. I will say however, they could have put more checkpoints halfway through some levels, because most levels you have to complete in one fell swoop.

There are few other things that I have a problem with in this game, 2 of which are glitches, and another is why give me charge boots when they're practically useless. I mean, there's no real good place to use them.

Anyway, the 2 glitches I mentioned earlier were from Planet Daxx and Annihilation Nation. In Planet Daxx you can go out of bounds extremely easily with this simple wall jump and ledge grab, causing the level geometry to go all screwy. In Annihilation Nation, there's a glitch that can happen where some of the disc blade enemies will stay in their cubby and did not move.

If you don't know about the last glitch I mentioned, you can easily fail a Timed Round.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX Demo
9/10
I loved the original game, and it feels so much smoother now. The changes to the gameplay feel natural and honestly better than the original game in some ways. Most of the art design as well. I have some issues with the Pokemon looking like stuffed animals in cutscenes, but it's something I can get past easily.
Loving this thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom