• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Game That You Played

Quin

Disaster Master
Yeah pretty much. you get less quests about killing lesser immortals and more about killing other mechs and bosses, which is where the gameplay shines. There are also a lot more cooler weapons, like laser guns and swords. The online is only bosses and mech fights, with monster hunter like grinding. The bosses are very fun though so I don't think its too bad to have some rare drops. Most boss weapons are also very cool.
If you like mechs its a very fun game. You can also make your player character go full robo if you want.

The story is kinda all over the place, but not as terrible as people say it is, atleast I think so. don't think too much over it though, it shouldn't be the reason why you get this.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I'm really torn on getting this. I'm a mech fan and the game looks intriguing. I've tried the latest demo and thought it was only okay. But I've seen some really cool stuff later on.

Is the demo a good indication of the game going forward with as much as you've played?
Wait for a price drop, imo. The gameplay and mech customization are awesome, but the models and optimization are a little rough around the edges so the full price is a bit much right now. The story and mission variety aren't as bad as some of the reviews made it sound, though.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Prey (2017)
Arkane is easily one of my top three favourite developers. I'm yet to play a game by them which isn't at least an incredible experience from start to finish. Prey is excellent. Loved it, can't wait to go back and do it all over again.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Fire Emblem Sacred Stones. Technically I've played it before, but this was the first time in a good 5 or 6 years. Had fun using the broken difficulty to over level my team as I played.

6/10 would recommend for a first time Fire Emblem player since it's regarded as possibly the easiest in the franchise since it has only easy, normal, and hard modes, and plenty of chances to level and cash grind. I'm considering doing a Low Turn Count run since I've heard it actually does get challenging if done this way.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
Fire Emblem: Shadows of Valentia.......jesus christ this flippin game

it's quite honestly my least favorite Fire Emblem at the moment, it's just so long, and drawn out, and hard, and arduous, and egh, it really just wore down on me and I wanted to put the game down a while ago

the writing in many points is corny as all hell, the voice acting is hit and miss, some characters I feel knock it out of the park like Sabre, others just.......nah; and cantors have to be the worst unit inclusion ever b/c they just keep spawning and spawning enemies, the enemies that pop out in the world map, the enemies that chase you down in the dungeons, the cantors and spawning enemies in the dungeons just UGH

also I personally feel like the music gets intense and emotional way too soon, it just kinda feels like some parts of the map themes are trying to tug at your heart strings even though nothing really all that bad has happened yet, like I think Fates handles its music better than this game

its not all bad of course, the presentation is great and I did like the interactive point and click aspects of it when you're in a village and stuff, I really enjoyed the supporting cast for both teams, especially Alm's friends Gray and Tobin, and I do like how you get to use everyone in this game whereas in previous games, you'll have a handful of characters that would probably never see a day in battle

oh and lets not forget the horrid DLC dilemma this game had where all of it cost more than the game itself, and its all day one DLC, needless to say I ain't spending a penny on any of it

overall I wouldn't call this a bad game, but I think out of all the FE games I've played, this one I'd be the least likely to go back to

Cfrock

Keep it strong
The Witcher 2

Started this a year ago but it soft-locked due to a glitch so I gave up. Returned to it a couple of weeks ago and managed to finish it this time, despite getting soft-locked by glitches three more times and even having to mod the game while I was playing it to complete one quest because it was bugged. Very frustrating at times because of this, but it was a great game despite all that. Lots of decisions to make that aren't all that easy. I never felt like there was a clear right or wrong choice and, while I stand by what choices I made, I feel uneasy about some of the outcomes. Some consequences remind you that you don't have complete control over the state of the world just because it's a video game, and you have to justify every choice to yourself meaning each choice says something about you.

However, you can make a choice in Chapter 1 that determines which 'path' the rest of the game takes. I chose Vernon Roche over Iorveth and it turns out if I had chosen the other path then I would have had a chance to sleep with a succubus, so now I feel like I made the wrong decision and got the objectively worse ending. Now I'm installing The Witcher 3 and a friend assures me there are at least three opportunities to give my soul to succubi, so I'm looking forward to that.

toonlink

Most Active Inactive User
Pokemon Let's Go: Pikachu - 7.5/10
I quite enjoyed my run through Kanto again, although Let's Go really is just a remake of Yellow with some very slight gameplay updates and an overhaul of the catching system. It's a fun time, but only if you don't mind playing essentially the same game with updated graphics and Pokemon Go's catch mechanics. Nice wholesome game~

VA11 HALL-A - 10/10
Really well written visual novel, with a very light drink mixing minigame. It's got some of the best characters in a game I've played to date, and a soundtrack full of amazing synth-heavy bangers. If you're interested in the idea of being a normal person in a cyberpunk world, seeing drastic, citywide events on ground level, away from the action, buy this game. If you like reading interesting characters talk about interesting things, buy this game. If you have even a marginal interest in VNs, buy this game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom