• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Game That You Played

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
Bloodborne, which I've wanted to play for a while and only did recently. Not having played any Souls in a while, I had to relearn my old play style and then unlearn parts of it to adjust to some of BB's particular quirks. Fun times, no sarcasm.

Right now I'd give it a (ILikedItAsMuchAsDarkSouls*0.9)/10. Probably more. Definitely need another go through.

Red Dead is an unmitigated dumpster fire. A heaping wreck of strewn flaming garbage.

I haven't had a second's worth of fun playing this chunk o' sh-t. The parts that aren't achingly dull are chock full of so much asinine trial and error stupidity it's infuriating.

Every mechanic in this game is utterly broken. The controls were programed by a spastic twit.

You think you've done something right but the game just screws you over and does whatever it wants.

Thought you shot that deer in the neck? Naw, it got up and ran off.
Think your horse can jump over that rock? It's the same size as the last rock six feet away you just jumped over! Naw, you sprawled flat on your face and now your horse is dead.
Hold someone up? Uh-oh. The command to rob them that was just on screen disappeared just as you pressed it. Now your would be victim is shooting at you and you have to kill em.
And, oh look! A random NPC just spawned out of nowhere and reported the crime you committed through no fault of your own. Now your bounty just went up.
Did you think you were sneaking? No, whole camp's alerted.
Were you wearing your mask? Well the game doesn't think so. Crime reported. Bounty's gone up again.

Hundreds, maybe even thousands of little things like this. Whatever your intention was just now the game had some other idea, or pulls something out of nowhere and screws it up.

You don't play RDR2. RD2 plays you. You have no control. You are at its whims. And it will not permit you to have a solitary second of a good time.

I've played rockstar's trash before. I should've expected this.
As someone who has RDR1 in his top ten games of all time, I unfortunately kind of agree with most of this, although there are a few moments that I've had fun, the negatives have outweighed the positives for me so far. Maybe that'll change, though, as I'm not done. The core system is absolute BS, too.

I've also been playing Mega Man 11, which is absolutely fantastic, and a great return to form. I would put it pretty high in my rankings of the Classic series, (9=2>6>11=10>1>4>3>5>8>7>MM&Bass) and it is the first non 8 bit Classic MM game where the physics actually work as well as the other titles. Great Special Weapons, Robot Masters, and level design. 9.5/10, probably even a 10 on some days.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
As someone who has RDR1 in his top ten games of all time, I unfortunately kind of agree with most of this, although there are a few moments that I've had fun, the negatives have outweighed the positives for me so far. Maybe that'll change, though, as I'm not done. The core system is absolute BS, too.

Well... it's gotten more tolerable and I have had a bit of fun with it. I haven't gotten bored with it... yet. But I get the feeling that I'm getting close to losing interest.

It still screws ya over with impunity even after I've figured out how to fight against the game's constant curve balls and screw overs. Since a lot of the missions especially are trial and error bs, obsessive saving is another unfortunate routine in this game. The checkpoint system isn't too bad but there are a lot of times when checkpoints aren't where they should be, even forcing you to sit through inane dialog and minutes of holding down X while riding through empty space to get back to where you were.

The open world can be amusing to mess around in a little but there aren't a whole lot of fun or interesting activities or mischief to get in to. Hunting is godawfully tedious but fortunately the game doesn't force you to grind out pelts like Far Cry does.

The random encounters you can have while traveling are what really keep things interesting. There are a lot of em and they are varied.

The game spends a whole lot of time just riding through empty space. Fortunately the riding controls are ace and horses are also adequately fast but this game is just choked full of backtracking. It has a fast travel system you can acquire early on but it is extremely limited. It's one way from a central hub and it only goes to a select few locations. And god forbid you ever lose your horse. You'll be stuck having to beg random passersby for a ride and it's fussy as all hell. You can't get anywhere fast on foot in this game so travel by horse is a necessity. (of course you can always just shoot a mofo and take his horse if you don't mind.)

The game has a lot of detail and a lot of heart and a lot of character and the characters are mostly interesting but the story is 'meh.' So far it's been chapter after chapter of the gang moving to a new camp every time the pinkertons get too close. It's gonna have to get better soon.

Really the best thing I can say about it is, if you ever wanted to play a western shootout then RDR2 has you covered. It really feels like being the gunslinger in a western movie. It's pretty sweet.

I was really cheesed off when I made that last post. I wrote off RDR2 but it isn't a total loss. It's the best biggest thing we have to play right now and that's about as much as can be said for it. It's often fun when it's not fudging up and it is tolerable otherwise. It's certainly not as good as some people are letting on but it's adequate. RDR2 is surly a more earnest attempt at producing a decent game than we've seen out of a AAA studio in a long time. It's just full of the usual Rockstar gameplay that likes to cheat you out of having a good time a lot.

Well... it's gotten more tolerable and I have had a bit of fun with it. I haven't gotten bored with it... yet. But I get the feeling that I'm getting close to losing interest.
You really have to work at it if you want to have fun, though, which should never be necessary when playing a game, imo.

The open world can be amusing to mess around in a little but there aren't a whole lot of fun or interesting activities or mischief to get in to. Hunting is godawfully tedious but fortunately the game doesn't force you to grind out pelts like Far Cry does.

Hunting in this game is garbage, and it doesn't help that you're forced to do multiple missions where you have to do it. You had to do one near the end of RDR1, but the hunting there actually, you know, worked, and I found it fun, personally.

The random encounters you can have while traveling are what really keep things interesting. There are a lot of em and they are varied.

Can't argue with this.

The game has a lot of detail and a lot of heart and a lot of character and the characters are mostly interesting but the story is 'meh.' So far it's been chapter after chapter of the gang moving to a new camp every time the pinkertons get too close. It's gonna have to get better soon.

RDR1 had a fantastic story, too, so this is disappointing if this is really all there is to it as I suspected.

Really the best thing I can say about it is, if you ever wanted to play a western shootout then RDR2 has you covered. It really feels like being the gunslinger in a western movie. It's pretty sweet.

Why would I do that when I can fire up RDR1 and get that exact experience, only 100x better?

Seriously, I had high hopes for RDR2 after the first, but I've been really disappointed so far.

And why do I have to hold a button for six hours to loot someone now? Why not just let me press a button like RDR1 or almost any other game? Absurd.

Last edited:
Smash Bros Ultimate - 10/10 just for the amount of content.

But for me personally... 8/10. I don't know what it is but i've found myself more frustrated with this Smash than any other i've played before.

Ninja

Well well well
SSBU. 10/10. Great to have everyone back, and the sheer amount of things to do is amazing. We love taking screen caps mid battles to see all of the lulzy poses.

The game can be stupidly unfair though especially CPU levels when unlocking characters.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Assassin's Creed: Odyssey - 7/10

Good job, Ubisoft, you made me play for way longer than I'd intended to if only to collect as much shiny gear as possible. But between you and me, your combat is stodgy, climbing is slower than BotW's, the store is a waste of space, naval combat was a nuisance, and for Pete's sake, ADD A FRIGGIN RUN BUTTON. You know there's something wrong when even horse travel takes ages. I doubt I'll be returning to your sandboxes anytime soon; appreciated the complimentary mythical battles, though.

Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth- 8/10

I've played and completed this game before but my ps4 blew up and took the save data with it, so i'm going back through.

With so many Digimon on offer and easily attainable (more so than Pokemon) this playthrough has been very different from last time which is nice.

It loses a couple of points because the translation effort is spotty, I'm playing with a female avatar but the characters often refer to her as a male, like they didnt bother changing it for the female option, it's very distracting.

Side missions also fall into a very repetitive holding pattern and can burn you out pretty fast. This coming from someone who loves the series and doesnt get bored easily, that's how mind numbing they can be.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Resident Evil 2 Remake: 9.8/10

Resident Evil 2 Remake may be one of the best games to come out this past decade. It feels wrong to call it a remake because it is so much more than that. It’s a fantastic game from start to finish and it’s so fun to speed run. Usually January games are tough to put in my game of the year lists but this year had already started out with a bang. I still can’t get enough of this game. I want to play it more and master it. I want to get better times and get good enough to speedrun it on hardcore. I’m not even a big horror fan but I would highly recommend this masterpiece. This is how remakes should be done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom