• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Game That You Played

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Fortnite

Okay, I'm also starting to see the appeal of Fortnite, as much as it hurts me to say. I don't think I've ever played a real multiplayer game. I never got into online play, and this is one of the first console multiplayer games I've ever played. And it is a lot of fun. I don't know how much I'd be into it if I played it too much, but jumping on for a quick round once or twice throughout the day is exciting.

8/10

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
I can't take this seriously.
Well, I mean it's memed a lot because of all of the 10 year old weirdos and 25 year old "in the mom's basement" kind of people, but it is still the #1 played game in America right now (Maybe even the world), and really love Battle Royale style games, but since I have only ever owned Nintendo Consoles and just now got my own computer, it's my first introduction to a battle royale game. I say PUBG is better because I am not a huge fan of the building mechanics, but they are growing on me.

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
Fortnite Switch

I didn't purchase Fortnight because it's free but I think it counts. I'm having fun with it even though I suck so hard core. It's not a great game but it's fun for what it is. On a side note, I was chilling with my cousin the other day at a local video game console arcade (Big City Gaming, look it up) and playing a couple different games. After giving up on Fortnite because I suck, we hopped on the original Modem Warfare and dudes, it's as good as I remember it. I use to be one of the best (72 kills/no deaths = best map record) at this game and I pretty much suck now but it was fun in a couch multiplayer setting. I also got to see how hilariously incomparable a controller is to a mouse and keyboard so that was a revelation.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
System Shock 2

Is it an FPS? A survival horror? An RPG? Yes. Yes it is.

It's about alien monsters on a spaceship, and rogue AI, and cybernetic implants, and hitting things with a big wrench. It's really good. I really enjoyed the opening, which sees you enlist with a specific branch of the military and then go on several year-long assignments as a means to build your character. I really enjoyed how genuinely horrific and unsettling the monster designs were, specifically the cyborg midwives and hybrids. There's something about having a giant worm stab out of your guts and snake up to your face to bite into your head and take over your brain that makes me feel uncomfortable. I really enjoyed how the story was told through audio logs and environmental details. I found my first shotgun in the arms of a corpse. The barrel was pointing at the smear of blood that used to be the poor dude's head. I don't blame him.

The only thing I didn't enjoy was the endgame. Things get a bit confusing and tedious, and the final boss fight is an underwhelming way to end such an evocative and engaging game. It's a shame, but it's not enough to ruin the overall experience.

Would recommend.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Aug lives matter!

Like Human Revolution, this game sucked me in and held me hostage. The world here is so rich and vividly realised that it was hard to not get enraptured in it until I felt like a natural part of it. I can't remember the last time my minute-to-minute gameplay choices were so heavily influenced by the narrative theme and context of a game. I intended to play this the same way I had Human Revolution, i.e. kind of stealthy but not shying away from armed conflict, and taking a lethal approach to anyone who wasn't innocent or "just doing their job" (PMCs who weren't actively shooting at me). Instead, I went through Mankind Divided killing very few people, and even going out of my way to not incapacitate them, regardless of whether they were civilians, police, PMCs, or accused terrorists. I got so wrapped up in the game's setting that I quickly started to instinctively think that my actions would have consequences on how the other augmented ciitizens of Prague would be viewed by non-augmented, or "natural", people. I didn't want to be the metaphoric 'bad apple' that made everyone else's lives harder.

That went the other way, too, to some extent. I've never wanted to punch and shoot generic NPCs so much as in this game. Walking through town and having someone turn to me, apropos of nothing, and saying something like "Urgh, another one," or "****ing clanks," was easy to shrug off at first, but wore on me as the game went on until all I wanted to do was ram a dude's face through his own skull. Hearing people casually talk about how the city would be better off without augs, automatically assuming augs were responsible for everything bad in the city, and noticably recoiling when I was near was harder and harder to take as the game progressed and I had been doing objectively good things for the sake of those same people. The urge to retaliate dogged me throughout the game and the experience was all the richer for it.

It'd be a stretch to say Mankind Divided taught me what it's like to be oppressed in society, but the game does a very, very good job of putting you in that headspace and gives you the room to react to it. I adored this game. It was an experience unlike any I've had with anything else.

Would recommend.

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
I don't mind them as much because you don't tend to be sneaking past them and you tend to do a lot of shooting at them. I find the scariest bits are when you are trying to avoid detection by the clickers and attempting to be stealthy.

Yeah it's scary, but those parts are the most fun for me. That's becauseI like living dangerously. 8)

Reactions: Dio

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Yeah it's scary, but those parts are the most fun for me. That's becauseI like living dangerously. 8)

Well the way I see it there are different levels of living dangerously, and sneaking past clickers is something a bit out of my comfort zone :pug: Such a relief when I get away from them!

Ninja

Well well well
Megaman X Legacy Collection 1 - 9/10.

Reliving my childhood with the soundtracks and game play was really cool. Would have been nice to have the rewind feature just in case though. All of the artwork, medals, and products in the gallery is awesome as well. The X Challenge is definitely fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom