• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Game That You Played

The last game I completed was Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove. I rate it an 8/10. I enjoyed the game and the characters, but it just wasn’t worth 40 dollars imo. If plague knight’s dlc was a full new campaign id be getting my worth out of it, but It’s more of a remixed version of the original campaign. I also wish the original campaign had a more in depth story, as I wasn’t really hooked on the characters until I played the other DLC campaigns.

The Dashing Darknut

DD, the dashing one
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Justice for All

I’m split here

On one hand, well, case 2 and the final case, case 4 were great, the final case in particular being very enjoyable, and it introduces Pearl, or as I like to call her, Ms. Forehead, and she’s adorable and I really like her, and Franziska von Karma, Manfred von Karma’s daughter who, while not Edgeworth levels of good, she’s still enjoyable with her foolishly foolish fool remarks, and is a pretty interesting even if she does copy off of Edgeworth’s character a bit. Phoenix in this game grows more as a character for what to him it means to be a lawyer, the choices a lawyer should make in desperate situations. You can feel his struggle, panic, and at a loss to decide, and finally choosing what he feels is right, and his miracle happens. The new music while not as good as the first, still has its great ones, like de Killer’s theme, Mimi Miney and Acro’s reminisce theme, The Great Revival of Miles Edgeworth, etc. There’s a good amount of things here that I like more compared to the first game

However, then there’s the problems. Since they’re only 4 cases, and two are below average and the other two are great, well, it makes my opinion feel split. Case 1 is really boring and forgettable, even for a tutorial case. It’s a “The main character has amnesia oh no but they figure out later” plot but compelled with a bland defense, annoying culprit, and boring murder plot that doesn’t even make sense. Then there’s case 3, which is at times a really big slog. The new characters here are mostly not good or really bad. Ben and Trilo and really annoying, your defense is planning on marrying a minor, Regina is the dumb blonde character, Acro is a sympathetic culprit done wrong, and the only likeable cast of the circus is Moe. The investigations are really tedious and repetitive, the trials can be unfair, the big top music is annoying, it’s a below average and alright case at best, frustrating at worst. These things really hinder the game

So overall, while I would say just because of case 2 and 4 I’d say that this game is better… but worse at the same time. I think just one more good or very good case would bring this up to an 8 or 8.5 but as it stands, it gets a 7.5 ranking

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
The last game I played through (over 2 months ago, man I really need to game more often) was It Takes Two.

Simply put, an amazing game. A little short, yes, but the variation in gameplay more than makes up for that. It handles co-op excellently with puzzles that are brilliantly designed for two players and, while the characters play differently, they both get relatively equal importance throughout the game and neither one is really better all around when it comes to the gimmicks.

The story is quite simple, and I didn't like where it went towards the end. But I honestly don't care at all, because it is certainly a gameplay-centric game and an extremely fun one at that.

I think, in a bigger year for gaming, that it wouldn't have been GotY material. However, I'm really glad the year was relatively slow so that it was able to, because it's truly deserving of the title.

Amazing game.

9/10

Aro

The last game I completed was Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword a few months ago due to the fact that I don’t have any other good games to play it’s been awhile since I’ve played a new game.

Skyward Sword is an amazing Zelda game with dungeons and map exploration, it also has Fi, one of my favorite characters from the Zelda series, and it is the first chronological game in the series making it the origin story of The Legend of Zelda as a whole.

The story in this game is amazing and the gameplay is quite good too. It has creepy and menacing enemies as well as sweet and nice allies, but my favorite part about the Zelda series is that all the characters have a ton of interesting personality setting these games apart from all the others.

My final rating for all of The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is a 9.5/10

The Dashing Darknut

DD, the dashing one
this has my favorite cross examination theme in the series, next to the one in Layton vs Phoenix
I like it, even though in the final case it felt too mellow. I mean, you’re put under a lot of pressure in Farewell, My Turnabout, and yet the music still feels pretty calm

But it’s certainly interesting, and I like it

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Elden Ring 9/10

This is definitely one that deserves a place in my top games of all time list.

I usually like a more direct approach to storytelling but Elden Ring has a masterfully crafted and rich lore which compelled me to want to discover as much as I can about it through interacting with NPCs and reading item descriptions as well as taking in the visual clues to indicate what went down in The Lands Between before you begin your journey. It's impossible to discover everything and this gives rise to a lot of theorising which takes me back to the old days of Zelda when there was a strong theorising community trying to piece together clues about the games mysteries. The only real problem is that it is sometimes too vague and easy to miss storylines without resorting to looking things up online. Almost everybody does this. I would reccomend more of a bombers notebook inbuilt in the game to keep track of questlines and more hints to guide players towards easily kissable quests.

Gameplay is great. The world feels dangerous just like in all the souls games, and as a result you die often. Checkpoints however are provided generously and there is always the option to explore and level up your character or your weapons if a particular area or boss is too tough. There's a great variety of combat options both physical and magic or a combo of both to give players a chance to develop a style that suits them.

The open world is a grand size and many new areas you reach often requires you to undergo challenge and hardship to get there which makes it much more rewarding than just being able to climb everywhere. There is a good variety of different terrains too from lush fields to misty lakes, rotten wasteland, poison swamp and subterranean ruins to name just a few.

Horse riding is great as it materialises beneath you as you summon it and it rides smoothly and not in a way where you can easily fall from a ledge. I love the spirit summons to summon a helper in battle, there's also the option to summon other players so if you get stuck there is help at hand.

Elden Ring has a fantastic cast of characters and the voice actors all did an amazing job with bringing them to life. I love the variety of regional British accents present in the game with Ranni the witch and her followers having Welsh accents and Godrick, considered a country bumpkin by some, has a westcountry accent.

Music is very well done indeed. Though having finished the game I realised they gave the best boss theme to Godrick who is the first demi god boss and fought quite early on. A lot of the tracks are atmospheric, Caelid's theme is perfect and makes me really uncomfortable to be in that region, and reminds me of how unnerving the shadow temple music makes me feel. Because most tracks are more on the atmospheric rather than tracks one would listen to in their spare time I can't say the soundtrack is quite up there with the likes of Nier Automata and The Witcher 3, but there is no denying its efficacy.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
Elden Ring 9/10

This is definitely one that deserves a place in my top games of all time list.

I usually like a more direct approach to storytelling but Elden Ring has a masterfully crafted and rich lore which compelled me to want to discover as much as I can about it through interacting with NPCs and reading item descriptions as well as taking in the visual clues to indicate what went down in The Lands Between before you begin your journey. It's impossible to discover everything and this gives rise to a lot of theorising which takes me back to the old days of Zelda when there was a strong theorising community trying to piece together clues about the games mysteries. The only real problem is that it is sometimes too vague and easy to miss storylines without resorting to looking things up online. Almost everybody does this. I would reccomend more of a bombers notebook inbuilt in the game to keep track of questlines and more hints to guide players towards easily kissable quests.

Gameplay is great. The world feels dangerous just like in all the souls games, and as a result you die often. Checkpoints however are provided generously and there is always the option to explore and level up your character or your weapons if a particular area or boss is too tough. There's a great variety of combat options both physical and magic or a combo of both to give players a chance to develop a style that suits them.

The open world is a grand size and many new areas you reach often requires you to undergo challenge and hardship to get there which makes it much more rewarding than just being able to climb everywhere. There is a good variety of different terrains too from lush fields to misty lakes, rotten wasteland, poison swamp and subterranean ruins to name just a few.

Horse riding is great as it materialises beneath you as you summon it and it rides smoothly and not in a way where you can easily fall from a ledge. I love the spirit summons to summon a helper in battle, there's also the option to summon other players so if you get stuck there is help at hand.

Elden Ring has a fantastic cast of characters and the voice actors all did an amazing job with bringing them to life. I love the variety of regional British accents present in the game with Ranni the witch and her followers having Welsh accents and Godrick, considered a country bumpkin by some, has a westcountry accent.

Music is very well done indeed. Though having finished the game I realised they gave the best boss theme to Godrick who is the first demi god boss and fought quite early on. A lot of the tracks are atmospheric, Caelid's theme is perfect and makes me really uncomfortable to be in that region, and reminds me of how unnerving the shadow temple music makes me feel. Because most tracks are more on the atmospheric rather than tracks one would listen to in their spare time I can't say the soundtrack is quite up there with the likes of Nier Automata and The Witcher 3, but there is no denying its efficacy.
There was kissing!!!! oxtra never mentioned this!!!

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
Oh you thought my post on Kirby was a long one? How cute.

“Guild 1”

For those of you who didn’t read the five billion “Top 10 3DS eshop games you need to buy before it closes down” articles, the Guild games were a “series” of games made by Level-5 in collaboration with other developers, with a new one each game. I say “series” because apart from the fact that they were all made by Level-5, they have absolutely nothing to do with one another. There are 7 games, split into 2 groups. “Guild 1” consists of the first 4 games which were all bundled together in a physical copy in Japan only, and the other 3 couldn’t even get that so they’re called “Guild 2.” Ive only played the first 4 so far and my thoughts are as follows.

Liberation Maiden

I’ve heard a lot of people compare this one to StarFox, and honestly I don’t see it. Sure its an aerial shooter, but that’s pretty much where all the similarities end. StarFox is primarily on rails, and when its not its when you’re fighting specific bosses or in multiplayer. Liberation maiden is more so free roaming. Honestly I’d compare it more to Star Link: Battle for Atlas than Star Fox, at least in the moment-to-moment gameplay aspect.

This is also one of the more popular games in Guild from what I’ve heard, and I’m sorry but i just can’t agree with that sentiment. This game sucks. It’s only 4 levels with a boss fight at the end of each, with one more boss fight following that. You can beat it in an hour if you really wanted to, but why would you? Literally all you do in this game is point to what you want dead with the touch screen while you fly around with the control stick, kinda like if Kid Icarus Uprising was terrible. You do get to swap between 2 weapons, but you never will because the laser is just better. You fight the same 4 enemies in each level, and the only thing separating the levels is a singular gimmick that adds nothing to the gameplay. The only noteworthy differences besides that are the bosses, which range from “this is incredibly boring” to “this is incredibly tedious.” I’ve played Game & Watch games with more depth to them, and I’m only kinda joking when I say that.

The game also insists that it has a story, when it really doesn’t. You start the game with the protagonist mourning some random person (you’re never told this, but apparently thats her father according to the Wiki), only to be elected president of “New Japan” five seconds later. She then immediately jumps in her plane-mech and goes off to fight this war that they’re apparently losing. We never learn about the enemy, we just know that they exist and are “destroying the natural beauty of Japan.” There are exactly 2 characters. “Miss President,” whose name I refuse to remember, and her aide. Neither of them will ever shut up throughout the entire game. You are constantly bombarded with tutorials of annoying gimmicks, and when you’re not they both keep talking over with stupid one-liners. The game ends with a surprise boss fight that makes literally no sense, only for “Miss President” to babble on about natural beauty one last time and get interrupted by the nameless bad guys showing up for some cliffhanger. Its almost New Super Mario Bros levels of bare bones, and yet the game pretends its trying to tell this emotional story.

The only even remotely positive thing that i have to say about this game is that its weapon gimmick is a neat concept. Your weapons and shields share the same energy source, so the longer you fire your weapon the more vulnerable you become. You can also expand your energy source the more enemies you kill with combos, allowing you to fire longer and take more hits. I’m sure if I looked hard enough i could find another usage of something similar in a better game, but as it stands it was a neat concept that unfortunately did little to help save this game.

Liberation Maiden is a game that feels like it was made by a group of people that had a general idea of the kind of game they wanted and nothing else, which is weird because the partner developer here was Grasshopper Manufacture. You know, the guys who made No More Heroes? I haven’t played NMH but with the amount of praise it gets you’d think that they’d know how to make a game that doesn’t feel like a tech demo. It wasn’t offensively bad it anything, which is why i won’t give it a 1, but its still not good. Apparently people liked it though so maybe I’m just wrong. 2/10

Aero Porter

Aero Porter is not a game. It is a test of patience for a masochist. Thats not to say its bad, just that it manages to somehow be both incredibly boring yet incredibly stressful at the same time. To tell the truth, I didn’t even make it passed the 2nd level before simply giving up and moving on to the next game. It’s an airport luggage terminal sim game (which isn’t anything too surprising considering that the developer partner this time around was Yoot Saito, who developed such games as “SimTower” and “Seaman”). This Sim game in particular focuses on forcing you to continuously tear your hair out as you sort luggage in the least efficient way possible in the hopes that you don’t accidentally destroy some of it or put it in the wrong plane. There are 3 circular conveyor belts that the luggage goes around (you get more later but 3 is the baseline), stacked vertically. There are basically only 2 controls. One lowers the right section of each ring, allowing luggage to go down, and the other lowers the left, allowing luggage to go up. This means that you are constantly going to be accidentally moving luggage to rings they’re not supposed to be on. Its not necessarily difficult, at least not in the 2 levels I played, but I constantly feel like I’m doing a worse job than I really am. Apparently you can unlock new Airplanes for your own personal hanger, and they have something to do with streetpass, but from what I’ve seen you don’t really do anything with them besides look at them and maybe change their paint colors.

I can see someone enjoying Aero Porter if they’re into that sorta thing, but i simply cant get into it. Did I not give it a fair shot? Yeah probably, but its a game that i really don’t mind dropping 10 minutes in. 4/10

Crimson Shroud

This was probably the game that I was the most interested in when I picked up these games. Its an RPG made by Yasumi Matsuno, who wrote, designed, and produced various Final Fantasy games, including Final Fantasy Tactics, Final Fantasy 12, and a couple of expansions in Final Fantasy 14, among other games. Clearly he knows his stuff.

There are plenty of things that stick out in Crimson Shroud, and i mean that in a good way. For one, the entire game is presented like a tabletop RPG, down to all of the characters and monsters being lifeless models not unlike the ones you’d see during a session of DnD. Ordinarily I’d say that this would do nothing but ruin any sort of immersion the game has, but when you add the fact that you have to roll dice on the touchscreen for your attacks and certain abilities makes it almost feel like an actual tabletop game. Regardless of the rest of the games quality, the style gets an A+.

You have 3 characters, and they each have dedicated roles. Giauque the generic slow sword boy, Lippi the generic cool bow dude, and Frea the generic mage girl. All 3 characters keep the same stats that they start out with for the entire game. That means that there are no level ups. The only thing you have to gain from grinding is a new ability every few fights, and most of those abilities are kinda the same thing, usually something that raises or lowers “X” stat. In addition to that, all of the stat upgrades and spells are directly tied to equipment. This is a really neat idea. Now you don’t need to grind until your number is arbitrarily higher than the enemy’s number, the result of each battle is determined by your own tactic in battle.

The games story is also very promising. Right away you’re set up in a world where all magic is tied to items (as a side note, Lippi has a magic fake eyeball that heightens his sense of…. smell. What? Why would you give him a second nose? This is especially dumb because he still wears an eyepatch. He’s a bow user. You know, the type of weapon you’d want to have a good sense of depth perception for?). There are even specific races and systems of government set up in lore, this is far more than I expected from an $8 eshop title.

Unfortunately that’s pretty much where my praises end. You’d think that the lack of a level up system would be a neat mechanic, the problem is that each character effectively has the same pool of abilities for you to chose from, and you can only select one of three each time you gain a new one. This means that each battle is effectively the same thing. Theres very little strategy to fighting enemies beyond each characters stat buff abilities. Since each character gains new abilities at the same rate, Frea is completely worthless after doing her basic stat buffs. She can never do any meaningful physical attacks, and she can only equip so many spells, so as soon as you buff the party with her she cant really do much but heal and occasionally use an underwhelming magic attack. On top of that, the fact that all of your stats and spells are tied to items means that your progression is at the mercy of random drops, as thats the only way to consistently obtain equipment and spell scrolls (which isn’t helped by the fact that the game forces an arbitrary limit to how much stuff you can take from each battle). Not that it really matters because this game is piss easy. My entire time playing I died twice. Once to awful RNG and once to the only actual challenge in the entire game. Granted there’s apparently a new game+ that up’s the difficulty but you cant pay me to play through this game again. Not after that one particular segment in the middle.

If you read anything in the SB while I was playing this than you already know what I’m talking about. Towards the end of the 2nd chapter, you come to a gate thats blocking your path. One of your characters says something that just seems like flavor text and nothing more, and you move on. Eventually you’ve explored the entire floor, and you still cant progress. Apparently that flavor text was an incredibly vague “hint” that you need to get a specific drop from an enemy to progress. This hint is so vague that it makes the old men in Zelda 1 look like Fi.

Oh but thats not the bad part. The bad part is that this item is dropped by a single enemy, in a single room, that isn’t even a guaranteed spawn. You have no way of knowing if the enemy will even spawn in this encounter, and on top of that, the item isn’t even a guaranteed drop. This right here is quite possibly the single worst designed thing that I have ever seen in any video game. I thought we were passed this. I thought we left **** like this behind on the NES.

To make matters worse, the battle system is as slow as Christmas. Even if you buff yourself, enemies are complete damage sponges. Oh yeah, remember that dice rolling mechanics I talked about? Well its novelty runs out after the tenth or so time it happens and you’re left with an animation that does nothing but slow the already awful pacing of each battle to a crawl just for you can watch the game screw you over for the billionth time with its RNG.

Actually Im exaggerating that part a bit, the RNG in this game never really seemed to be totally unfair. Each of your abilities that affect the enemy only needs to roll a 13 or above to work, no matter the enemy, and since you get multiple dice each roll, you can pretty consistently get good rolls. Thats not to say that the game just lets you win each time, but I never really felt like the RNG was weighted against me here, which is kinda rare for any RPG.
On the topic of positive aspects of this game, there is one other thing I enjoyed. Theres an elemental system, you know like ever other RPG ever made. However in Crimson Shroud you’re actively rewarded for chaining multiple different elemental abilities in a row with bonus dice. These dice range from a d4 to a d20, and you can use them to boost either an attacks damage output or the probability of it hitting. You have a limited space, which seems like a bad thing at first, but it actually forces you to use them intelligently and not just hoard them for the final boss. My one issue (besides the fact that using these dice will add another stupid dice rolling cutscene to the battle if there isn’t already one) is that enemies can also effect the elemental chain. Sometimes they’ll make moves that work out, but most of the time they’ll completely ruin it and force you to start the chain from the beginning. My entire time playing I wasn’t able to obtain a single extra d20 because of this. Apart from that, the mechanic is a good way to add some careful planning and depth to a system that sorely needed it.
The last major thing I really have to say about Crimson Shroud is that its story… exists. I know I said that it had a good setup, and it follows through with it… kinda, but the ending is just all kinds of underwhelming. Im not going to spoil it (though it’s abundantly obvious where it gets its inspiration from) but the if you play the normal game you get a “bad” ending, which you then have to play new game + to see the good ending. After the hell that was the randomly dropped key in chapter 2, I just looked it up. Either way you’re not missing much.
I really wanted to like this game. I really did. Everything about it feels like it should work but it just… doesn’t. Its not bad, there are certainly worse games that you can play, but unless you’re super intrigued by the idea of an RPG with a tabletop aesthetic, this game just doesn’t hold up. 5/10

Weapons Shop de Omasse

Things aren’t looking good. At this point I played 3 games and all 3 were different levels of hot garbage.

You can probably see why I wasn’t too excited for this one. I’ve already talked about how rhythm games aren’t exactly my thing, but I payed for all of them so I at least wanted to try it and…

Its fun….

Its really fun…

Ok, let me back up a bit. The game is described as a “comedic rhythm RPG” and was written by a comedian named Yoshiyuki Hirai (as far as I’m aware this is the only Guild game where the partner isn’t a name in the gaming industry), however calling the game a “Rhythm RPG” is kinda untrue. Its really more similar to one of those “papa’s” games you’d see on flash websites. You know, the ones where you take orders and make whatever the customer wants while also managing a store (My go-to in school was always Papa’s Freezaria)? WSdO is kinda like that, only the objects in question aren’t made to order. In fact, my first time seeing this it reminded me of a different flash game that had an almost identical concept. You’re basically making weapons for adventurers, and have to choose the right one for the job based on their preferred weapon, stats, and level (it didn’t even take the game 5 minutes to make the obligatory “Level-5” joke) There are very few RPG elements in this game apart from its setting and references (I’ll get to that in a bit), and while your method of making each weapon revolves around a rhythm game, it takes a back seat to what is ultimately a store simulator.

This game gives off some really weird first impressions. Its a fantasy world setting, but at the same time it acts like its a sitcom. As in, every time someone does anything theres a laugh track or an “Ooooooohhhh” sound effect. Every time an important character walks through the door theres a round of applause or a boo or something. Its stupid, but once you get used to it it has its own charm.

The second thing this game does to be “quirky” is implement a social media… yeah. To be fair, its actually a pretty smart choice mechanically. You see, as you send people on their adventures they’ll provide updates of sorts. This can be stuff like the character talking to further his or her side plot or the game giving you updates as to what happened in the battle (character uses slash attack, monster loses “X” hp, stuff like that). As opposed to forcing you to watch some cutscene showing their progress, the “Grindcast” just pops up on the top screen while you do whatever it is you need to do. Its a clever workaround, but I’d just wish that everyone would stop using hashtags and text lingo.

Finally, this game makes a habit of being incredibly meta as much as it can. Its honestly a lot like Undertale in the sense that its made to be some sort of commentary on the tropes of RPGs, the problem is that while Undertale’s commentary has some semblance of subtlety up until the very end, WSdO is loud and proud about it from the get-go. Its actually kind of annoying at times. Granted, this game came out nearly three years before Undertale did so its not like its trying to copy it, but the vast majority of the tropes it references are just kinda throw away gags. You’re told that the land you’re in is called “cliché.” Nearly every Grindcast post that isn’t made by a main character is in reference to a gaming trope or just straight up another game. Its just things like that, and it feels forced. This does kinda feed into my last point about the games presentation though.

The entire purpose of making everything a cliché trope is to disconnect the player from the main story. This sounds like a bad thing, but it’s actually one of my favorite aspects of the entire game. You’re not the chosen hero, you don’t really know who the hero will be. It can be literally any of the major characters that come into your shop (well except one but he’s a special case). You simply supply the weapons for them. You have your own bit of story, but for the most part you’re playing the role of a side character in someone else’s quest, which is actually a really neat role reversal. I’ve seen some reviews of this game say that its a neat concept that doesn’t go anywhere throughout the entire game, but if I’m being perfectly honest, I don’t think it needs to go anywhere. If it tried to be anything more than that it would defeat the purpose.

Like I said, there is a rhythm game portion of it, and its… alright. You’re striking the metal used to forge the weapons to the beat, there are 3 main stats to the weapon, and every 2 measures of whatever song is playing will be randomly assigned to that stat. Whatever score you got during those measures will be added to whatever stat they were assigned to. You don’t actually get penalized for not striking on every beat, its just that it will take longer to finish.

The interesting thing about this is that the track doesn’t have an “end.” It keeps looping until you’ve finished striking the weapon into its correct shape. There’s practically no penalty for going as long as you can apart from the fact that the game runs on a schedule, and you’ll have less time in the day to work on other weapons.

I know Im explaining this in a ton of detail, but its actually vital in order to understand a complaint that I have with this game.

You get more points if you strike an area that you haven’t struck yet. However, the game does a horrible job of telling you this. The way the game tells you this makes it seem like you want to place each strike as far apart from one another as possible so you get more points per swing. The problem with doing this is that it takes more excess material away from the weapon, causing you to finish faster and in turn have fewer chances to strike for more points. What you’re actually supposed to do is strike closer to the actual outline of the weapon and change the location of each strike as little as possible.

What I’m trying to say here is that while the tutorial isn’t incorrect, its also not telling you everything that you need to know. It’s like if Pokémon taught you about type advantages by saying “use a fire type Pokémon against the grass gym” while never explaining that you need to use fire moves in order for it to be super effective. Still, in the age of the internet its not hard to just look it up and clear any confusion, so while its a problem its not a dealbreaker.

The other major issue I have is that the game is super repetitive. Theres never any real progression. Sure the enemies that the characters fight get stronger as the story progresses, but as soon as they get that string you’re given access to make stronger weapons to counteract it. You’re pretty much doing the same thing the entire game, as addicting as it is to do so. It would’ve been nice to gain access to a new method of maintaining the weapons beyond the one you start with, but the basic gameplay is so addicting that I can ultimately look past it.
The last 2 things I want to bring up are so minor that they don’t really swing my opinion either way. The first is that despite being a rhythm game, the music kinda sucks. There are exactly 2 tracks that i can actually remember even a little, and even they’re kinda meh. Like i said its not that big of an issue but its still disappointing. The other thing is that there are a pretty large number of weapons that you can make. Its not like how other games just have the same weapon made out of different materials or whatever, the weapons you make here are real-world types of swords, clubs, spears, etc. It actually made me want to progress so I can see what they’d have me make next.

Weapon Shop de Omasse isn’t a masterpiece by any means. It’s repetitive, its story and themes can feel forced, one might even call it bland. But its still a fun time to the end. If you were going to try any of these games, this is the one. 6.5/10

I think I can see why Level-5 had been struggling with sales. The had a ton of ambition but nearly everything they did here completely fell flat. Even if this wasn’t what ultimately killed them (I have full confidence that Katrielle is what did that) this probably set the stage. Maybe the other 3 guild games are better, but the first 4 are shaky at best.

Definitely try Weapon Shop de Omasse, think about Crimson Shroud, ignore the rest. 4.5/10

Last edited:

Gorozoron

wild ride
The Legend of Zelda Quest for the Triforce
So I found this fangame when I was going through Scratch at school
Despite the sort of generic title this game is actually really unique
It's a 2D boss rush Zelda game and it was pretty fun

It took me about like 5 or 6 minutes to beat
The game is still actually under construction and a 2nd world is under development and I'm very excited to try that out when it's finished
Number ratings are stupid so I rate this game a unique fun fan game out of ten

Unravel 2

I played the original a while back and liked it, so I just recently completed the sequel and I think its pretty good overall. The yarn is used very creatively for puzzles. The clunky movement from the original was fixed although that wasn't a huge problem for me since the game prioritizes puzzles over platforming. The sequel focused a bit more on actual platforming vs. the original which had very little and was mostly puzzles, which didn't bother me since I think of these games as puzzle games. I do wish though that they had implemented a "hold the jump button to jump higher" system since that makes platformers feel better to play. The new moves like wall-jumping are nice and the new yarny adds some fun twists to the puzzles. If you play yourself (like I did) you have to switch between the yarnies. The puzzles are pretty good but they repeat themselves quite a bit although there still manage to be some new things the further you progress but about 3/4s of the second half of the game is repeated puzzles. Overall its good, not the best game ever, but definitely not the worst and I'd recommend it if its on sale.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom