• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Game That You Played

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
ZD Legend
It's a game that never ends, so might as well rate it now. After 60 hours, I think I have my opinion steadfast.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons - 9.5/10.

This game is blowing me away minute by minute. 0.5 knockoff for some annoyances, but it's damn near flawless in what it sets out to do.

mαrkαsscoρ

Sal Manella
ZD Legend
Final Fantasy 7 Crisis Core, that was a pretty solid game and man that music threw me in for a loop b/c of how it's all heavy metal, in some ways it kinda made me appreciate the regular FF7 even more and it was great to see Midgar and certain other locations w/ updated graphics [and we'll all be seeing a lot more of that very soon]
and god freaking damn it that ending, if you've played FF7 then you know how Crisis Core ends, but knowing what happens didn't make it sting any less

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

The Devil's Advocate
ZD Legend
Resident Evil 3. I was really looking forward to this game. The Resident Evil 2 remake was incredibly, easily my game of the year for 2019 and one of the best horror games I've played. It had oodles of replay value, lots of modes, tons of unlockables, and is still a game I boot up.

But the Resident Evil 3 remake is... a very mixed bag. Where gameplay and spooks in REmake 2 felt organic and gameplay focused, REmake 3 puts too much emphasis on linear action setpieces. Nemesis, the cornerstone of the original game, is mostly relegated to scripted action moments.

The game's only campaign if a five or six hour ordeal, and without any extra modes to jump through or meaningful secrets to unlock, it's just not a game I can justify playing through more than once.

6/10

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Doom Eternal: 9/10

Probably one of the best FPS games I’ve ever played. It improved a lot on 2016 and it was a very enjoyable time. The combat is fantastic and I really enjoyed finding all the collectibles and secrets. My only really gripe is I didn’t really enjoy and of the boss fights and the marauder is probably one of the worst designed enemies in any game ever.

Resident Evil 3: 7/10

I’m not as disappointed in this game as most people are. I feel like with what they did with it the length was decent enough. I do feel like it has some replay value too just because of the shop items and the ranking system. I found the story overall really poor though and the main villain had no motive or reasoning other than “I wanted to”. There’s also a lot I wanted to see from the adapted from original the the choice system they had whenever Nemesis appeared. It was a little disappointing but I still felt like it was a pretty enjoyable experience. The Nemesis fights were pretty cool and I also like how you can unlock harder difficulty settings. This review was kind of all over the place but whatever. This game was pretty decent but compared to the RE2 remake it’s pretty lackluster.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
My Nintendo: the Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Picross.

11/10 best thing to come from TP

Eli Ayase

Bass singer extraordinaire.
The Elder Scrolls V: Skrim

10/10.

It is filled with glitches, some are funny like mammoths floating in the sky like if being lifted by an alien spacecraft and falling down, sometimes dying.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
The Elder Scrolls V: Skrim

10/10.

It is filled with glitches, some are funny like mammoths floating in the sky like if being lifted by an alien spacecraft and falling down, sometimes dying.
If you're playing on PC u gotta mod dat sheeeet.

If you're not playing on PC then you're doing it wrong and you need to re-evaluate your life choices.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
The Legend of Kay — Anniversary Edition

I’ve never played the original PS2 release as I’ve almost exclusively been a Nintendo console owner (so I have no nostalgia with this playthrough), but this game has what I’ve been looking for that modern games just don’t seem offer anymore. The platforming was a little loose with a floaty jump mechanic which does make for some frustrating old-school gameplay, but the game itself was a welcome change in the types of games that are available.

Overall, I’d say a solid 7.5/10.

All Might

Honor before death
Forum Volunteer
Final Fantasy VII Remake - 8/10

An overall solid game with a challenging battle system and deep customization, FF7R stands as one of the last great titles to grace the PS4. However, extraneous bottlenecks and a surplus of forced walking segments holds the game back in favor of padding. I'm content with the time I put into it, however, and although there's still more to the story, it feels like everything that the cast set out to do was wrapped up nicely.

Ragnarokio

ZD Legend
If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
Don't open your eyes - 9/10

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Staff member
ZD Legend
Discworld
Point-and-click adventure game from 1995. I played the sequel as a child and it changed my life. Never played the first, though, or the third, and finally found a version of them I can run.

The game is hilarious and charming and wonderful in all the ways Discworld should be, with fantastic voice work from a ridiculously small but ridiculously talented cast. The puzzles come in three flavours: simple and easy; obtuse but following a kind of lateral logic that you can work out if you let your brain tick over the problem long enough; and impossible 'go **** yourself' puzzles that you will essentially need a guide for.

There's lots of wandering around not knowing what to do for ages, then you'll sarcastically think "I bet I've got to clog the chimney with the Hogfather doll since the Hogfather comes down the chimney," and then that's exactly what you have to do. You get into the rhythm of it after a while, so by the time the parrot is asking for a cracker you know you have to throw a firecracker at it without too much difficulty.

It's good :rosa:

Spirit hot take in 3, 2, 1...

Assassin's Creed Odyssey - 4/10

Why do I keep trying with this series. This, Monster Hunter and Final Fantasy are franchises I keep trying to like but can't.

I do not like this game. Ancient Greece is cool, so how the hell have Ubisoft managed to make everything so dull?
The characters are all dull and generic, even the main character (I played as Kassandra).

The world can look damn beautiful but it just feels like a tour of assets that repeat far too fast to be comfortable in a game about exploration.
Nothing breathes with life, it just feels like a generated world. I know its going for historical accuracy but I don't see entertainment I just see dev code.

The free-running is fine, but you can pretty much climb anything so it should have gone with the BotW approach since footholds and ledges are absent a lot of the time, instead of keeping to the Uncharted style of movement.

The combat is trash though. It's bloody awful. I can't stand it. It makes me sad. I'm excellent at action games and can get platinum trophies in Bayonetta without needing to break a sweat, but this is just trash.
Problem is, the game is very combat heavy. It really shouldn't be it should know what it is good at and combat isn't what it is good at at all.

The naval combat is meh too. I really don't enjoy it. Though ramming is kind of fun.

A lot of money and time and effort has gone into this game and you can tell but it translates into such a hollow experience. It feels like a chore. Like cleaning the world's most beautiful pots and pans after a gorgeous meal you didn't get to have any of.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom