• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Game That You Played

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia
Another great Castlevania game, although I will say this one was a lot more frustrating than the others. Maybe it's me, but it seemed to be harder than the rest. I definitely died more often, and found I had to grind a few levels more frequently, then in other games. I like the glyphs better than souls, but I do wish these Igavania games would stop making use of rare item drops. There's a lot of needless grinding, and a lot of ultimately useless items, and they distract from the main enjoyment of the games. Overall, really good, though.

Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando 7/10

I'm not done getting 100% yet, and if I do get 100%, it'll be my first time. I could never get the Platinum Bolts you have to get by completing the spaceship races without missing a single ring. Despite that, this game probably has the most broken level in the entire series, Planet Boldan.

The main reason this level is broken is because depending on how you enter a certain area in the level, you will progress through the level normally or gain access to the Insomniac Museum, however there's one small area in the level where the two triggers overlap, causing some major visual and collision glitches. I only noticed these glitches after finicking around with the out of bounds area, when I was on my way to the Insomniac Museum. However that's not the only thing wrong with this game.

I've had a glitch where I did all the requirements but still didn't get the skill point. It happened to me couple of times, but it's nothing serious cuz you can attempt getting the skill point again and most of the time it will give you the skill point. It's still a bugger sometimes.

Also, this happens to me almost every single Ratchet & Clank game, but when I first played this game, I skipped half the last level for no apparent reason at all and could never recreate it. That also reminds me of the one time I was able to skip the required uses of the Hypnomatic to get through Angela's home planet, however I cannot do the same for the last planet in the game, Planet Yeedil.

Last but not least, there's a glitch that causes any Shield Charger that up when entering a cage match to be wasted, but the only times you need to have this knowledge is when attempting the Impossible Challenge. Despite this game coming out when 100 battle gauntlets were the rage, the Impossible Challenge only has 60 rounds. Which means, by the time you get to the last battle in the challenge, if you plan everything accordingly, you should have 2 or 3 Shield Chargers left over.

Overall, it's still a great game.

Kirino

Tatakae
Bloodstained: Shadow of the Night. I've never played a Castlevania game before (not that this necessarily is one, it's just from the same developer and incredibly similar), but I thought it was great. I was expecting to enjoy it based on its similarity to Metroid and its gothic aesthetic, and it delivered pretty well. Soundtrack was baller. The main problem was minor glitches that may be exclusive to the Switch version. Overall, I'd probably give it an 8.5/10, and it's encouraged me to try playing other Castlevania games.

Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia
Another great Castlevania game, although I will say this one was a lot more frustrating than the others. Maybe it's me, but it seemed to be harder than the rest. I definitely died more often, and found I had to grind a few levels more frequently, then in other games. I like the glyphs better than souls, but I do wish these Igavania games would stop making use of rare item drops. There's a lot of needless grinding, and a lot of ultimately useless items, and they distract from the main enjoyment of the games. Overall, really good, though.

I really want to play that one.

Yakuza Kiwami
man, what a great game, it had me feeling a few times

The Yakuza series is awesome. Kiwami 2 is even better <3

----------

I've been playing Daemon X Machina, I got it for free and am enjoying it way more than I thought I would.

It's so cathartic tearing through enemies with a sword in one hand, a machine gun in the other and a rocket launcher on my shoulder while a kick ass death metal track plays. - solid 8/10

Last edited:

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Blossom Tales: The Sleeping King
@A Link In Time mentioned this a while ago and it sounded interesting. It's something of a love letter to top-down Zelda. There are even parts of the music that will sound very familiar to Zelda fans. It's cute, and funny, and pretty good. If you like top-down Zelda you'll enjoy this.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon
Fantastic little game. The music is tight as hell, and the bosses are really cool. The first one is the engine of a steam train that shovels coal (and you) into its mouth so it can burn it and shoot fire at you. Love it. I also love how when you kill a boss they do one last big attack (that seem unavoidable, not sure if they are) as a last attempt on your life.

:keese: It's great :keese:

Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon
Fantastic little game. The music is tight as hell, and the bosses are really cool. The first one is the engine of a steam train that shovels coal (and you) into its mouth so it can burn it and shoot fire at you. Love it. I also love how when you kill a boss they do one last big attack (that seem unavoidable, not sure if they are) as a last attempt on your life.

:keese: It's great :keese:

I like how there are so many ways to play that game. So much more than I expected from it when I played it.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
I just beat Skyrim for the first -and probably last- time.

The game itself is pretty fun, nothing to write home about though. The reason I say this is that you have fun in the same way as most other “open world” games. You start playing for a bit, get bored after a few hours, start looting and murdering, get bored of that after a few hours, turn the game off, come back a few days later, rinse and repeat. I feel the same way about this as I do nearly every other open world games, aside from BotW, Minecraft and maybe just cause. This is probably why I’m not a huge fan of the open world genre. I honestly think it’s overstayed it’s welcome.

The biggest issue with Skyrim as opposed to other open world games is that the character movement and mechanics are not open world friendly. For one thing there are way to many places that the developers didn’t intend on you going. This is apparent from the amount of times I struggled trying to walk anywhere that didn’t have a perfectly horizontal surface. You get stuck on everything in this game. The other issue with mobility is the worst mechanic in the game- weight limits. Having restrictions on inventory is easily one of the most frustrating things ever. I mean I guess technically you can carry as much as you want, but what’s the point? As soon as you reach your limit you’re too slow to do anything. If Bethesda’s intent was to make something fun they missed the shot by a mile. You end up having to get rid of all your cool items just so you can end up walking a pace that doesn’t make you cry. I talk a lot of crap about the storage limit in BotW, but at least there it was limited to just weapons.

Another problem with the movement is the camera. Open world games just don’t work with a first person camera. When they do it’s usually because their terrain is so simple that it doesn’t require you to be able to actively view your surroundings. But Skyrim’s terrain is detailed to a fault, so having a first person camera is just begging for trouble. There is a third person camera, but it’s absolutely awful because it lets you see the back of your head and nothing else, plus it keeps switching back and forth between a true third person camera and an over the shoulder camera whenever you pull out your weapons.

I have mixed feelings about the combat. On one hand the actual fighting maneuvers are really fun, and the sheer amount of fighting styles is impressive as all hell. On the other hand, your non-combat movement is so terrible that it’s a miracle that you’d be able to hit anything with all the different times you get hung up on a simple twig.

The game is not polished at all, but what did I expect from a game made by Bethesda. Maybe it’s just because I’m playing on the 360 version.

The story is.... eh. There are some really interesting moments, like at the end where you’re effectively in Valhalla fighting the final boss with warriors of the past. But the majority of the main quest story was kinda boring. Also the ending was just plain lame. No end cutscene, no credits, nothing. You don’t even stop playing or get sent to the menu, it literally just carries on like you just beat a normal sidequest and not the “world eater.”

I know I’m crapping on the game a lot here but I genuinely did enjoy my time with it. The amount of stuff you can do is insane. Like mind bogglingly insane. There are multiple in-depth crafting mechanics, side quests, gear, locations, etc. Every place has a buttload of lore to explore, and it makes the game feel alive (aside from the people walking into walls and shouting over each other whenever you simply walk by and whatnot).

Overall, I can see why people enjoyed this game, but it’s not a game I can really see myself coming back to. 6.5/10.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
Finished Nier: Automata, and in my blog, I did a review of it, if you want to learn more.

9.5/10, despite the issues I ran into with the PC port, because apparently, Square Enix half-assed the port.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Recently finished the main story and post-championship story of Pokemon Shield.

It's Pokemon so naturally I had fun with it. It's the same experience as all the previous games when it comes down to it, but i managed to avoid information about new pokemon for the most part in the lead up and didn't actually know that much about the game going in, so being able to see all the new pokemon for the first time and building a team of new pokemon mostly blindly made for a really fun time.

Story wise, it's nothing special, but stories in pokemon games rarely are. I had fun collecting all the new pokemon available on each route as I progressed, I haven't played pokemon that way before so it definitely enhanced the experience. I really enjoyed the wild area, though the game was extremely easy (I didn't white out once, even during the last battle with Hop in which my pokemon were between 8 and 10 levels below his).

Overall, another generic pokemon experience, but one that I found myself having more fun with than Sun and Moon.

Still disappointed in the lack of over half the pokedex and several moves, but at least there are still a lot of pokemon to find and catch in the game, and they're slowly adding more with the dlc.

Overall, I'd give it a solid 7/10. Nothing really special, but it provided me with a genuine good time.

Storm_Echo

Gamer of Videos
Rate the last game I played? Hm, well, currently playing Breath of the Wild but before that it was God of War (PS4).

Solid, visceral combat, a story that actually makes you feel for the characters, Kratos becomes "retired badass out for one last job" while also being "a bad dad who tries hard anyways". Beautiful visuals, plenty of space for quiet reflection particularly in the boat segments. Solid RPG elements with weapon and armor upgrades and skill leveling. Really enjoyed the explicitly Norse world they built, and how there's so much room for your imagination to run free while also leaving plenty of unexplored stuff for a sequel (please!).

Overall, excellent. Solidly 9.5/10

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom