• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Game That You Played

Sheik

:the:
I'm currently playing through Metroid Prime, which is my first Metroid game, and I'm loving it so far. Very atmospheric. 9/10

bunny

birb overlord
I'm working on my second playthrough of A Link to the Past. The game is great; it never gets old, no pun intended. I can't really explain, but it just has a magical feel to it; I actually feel like I'm on an adventure. The game just sends chills down my spine. 10/10.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Battlefield 4 Beta ? Can this be considered a game? Anyway, it doesn't look that great on console, lots of bad textures and frame rate issues, I'm sure either looks great on PC/Next-gen though.

The game itself seems like a standard Battlefield game, which I like of course. I wasn't so much into BF3but this title is looking great so far, I'm liking the map designs and the way you can interact with the map itself. Saying that, getting crushed by that giant skyscraper... Hawt Damn!

8/10

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Finished STALKER: Call of the Pripyat with the Misery Mod installed... They weren't lying about that name. I was miserable. :( But had so much fun! Capcom, look. Good atmosphere! Put that in your Resi games, it helps. STALKER's not even really a horror game and yet was so scary! Walking around in the dark and hearing dog footsteps is just terrifying.

9/10. STALKER remains one of the best and under-appreciated games of all time.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Harvest Moon 64.

8/10

Out of all the Harvest Moon games I've played, this one is my favorite. There isn't really much of a story, and the graphics are weird at times, but I find it really enjoyable and addicting for some reason. I definitely like it more than A Magical Melody, and I haven't played A Wonderful Life in years so I forgot what it was like. I kind of drifted away from the series to be honest. It's like Animal Crossing because it's fun and addicting at first and then it slowly becomes boring. I just borrowed this game from a cousin yesterday and I am starting to get back into the Harvest Moon series.

Mido

Version 1
Dynasty Warriors 8: 8.5/10

I was happy to have played this game. As a result of DW8, it somewhat rekindled my faith in the Dynasty Warriors Series, being its best title since the fourth installment. Musou Mode was handled well, and the wealth of characters really was a welcome addition. The more or less acclaimed Ambition Mode was also a real hoot to play. I definitely think the games could get better, but Techmo-Koei took a step in the right direction with DW8.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Heavenly Sword - Forgettable experience with bland combat and annoying characters. Lucky enough for me though, the campaign was very short. That being said, I give Heavenly Sword a 6.5/10.

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty - I can't stress it enough, but Metal Gear Solid games are very primitive, when it comes to stealth anyway. Still very fun games all around though, so it's not really a deal breaker for me. The story was clever and as complex as ever and just got better and better toward the end. I also don't understand what was wrong with playing as Raiden... I enjoyed his more agile movement as opposed to Snake's dive and spin kick. I give MGS 2 a 8.5/10.

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater - While the gameplay for Snake Eater was mostly the same as previous titles, the camera was greatly improved upon for an overall better experience. The setting was fresh and the focus on survival really make Metal Gear Solid 3 stand out on its own. Snake Eater gets a solid 9.0/10 from me.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Grand Theft Auto Vice City

One of my all time favourite games and it was great to revisit it as this was the first 3D GTA that I owned. Still looks great and it has a certain charm which separates it from its counterparts; that Miami setting really sets the tone for the entire experience in general. It shows its age in graphics and controls but I can easily brush that aside.

I love the story in this game and it really feels as if you start from the bottom and by the end you completely own the entire city - that feeling of empowerment is something that some GTA titles fail to do as effectively. What made the story great though was the voice acting. Tommy, the antagonist, is a very likable character if not a tad predictable. However, he still remains my favourite antagonist besides CJ in the entire series.

If i had one problem with this game, it would be the size and content. Missions are interesting and fun, an improvement on its predecessor, but the problem is that there simply isn't enough. Replaying the game made me realise just how short the main story is. It starts off at a good pace but before you know it you're nearing the final missions, which are unlocked by what seems like filler side missions that are compulsory. The map also feels rather small - mainly composed of two islands, the least in the series. Since the Islands were short in width and long in length it made them feel a lot smaller and slightly predictable when navigating. Maybe it's just me, but Vice City feels like a, somewhat, shorter game to its counterparts.

---

Nevertheless, this game is amazing, a truly great representation of stereotypical life in 80's Miami. It pokes fun at that view and that's where most of the humour comes from, which the series is famous for. Characters compliment this as they were interesting and, at times, actually quite funny. The charm all comes from the setting though, and the game's amazing 80's soundtrack; which still remains one of my favourite soundtracks in all of gaming. Yes, the game does show age and yes, looking now, it seems like a shorter experience to other games in the series, but it's still a great achievement in gaming as a whole.

If GTA III was a revolutionary step in 3D, and open world gaming, then this game expanded on that in almost every aspect. It may have been surpassed by its successors but it's still an amazing game.
94/100

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom