• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Game That You Played

Giga Wrecker Alt - 5/10

I wanted to play this because ot was GameFreak doing something different.

While the game is quite charming and has a setting and style that appeals to me, the gameplay has nasty input lag and the load times are pretty long for the assets that the game needs to load.

You will find yourself reseting puzzles quite often because of the momentum based nature of the game but reseting them takes too long and ends up making difficult sections more of a chore.

Other than that it has some nice and refreshing gimmicks.

Last edited:

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
A Plague Tale: Innocence 8.5/10
Very good story driven game. They actually get child protagonists right for once in this one as you play as a teen girl protecting her 5 year old brother as you take on the inquisition and lots of man eating rats!

Music is very good, and the composer is to be saluted. Graphics are pretty decent, no problems there.

It is similar to The Last of Us in the sense that the focus is more on the story than the stealth based gameplay, which is rather simple. It could have been more fluid and fun in that department. That's my only criticism about this title.

Definitely was worth my time and money.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
so I beat shovel knight after getting it from a sale some time back, and while its really good, I think its safe to say at this point that I'm just not an indie game person, never felt the need to go back and replay any of the indie games I have [shantae maybe], and I feel the same for shovel knight, glad I got it at the sale price

Hero of Pizza Time

Pizza Parker
Megaman X5

7.5/10

pros:
  • You get to play as Zero (like in X4) and change between the him, X, and various armor suits before every stage.
  • aesthetically great.
  • climactic (would be) conclusion to the series.

cons:
  • confusing progression system.
  • exploration is somewhat uncomfortable and risky.
  • Alia.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Trails of Cold Steel II: Relentless Edition - 10/10

Very few companies can make 100+ hours games like Falcom and still make replays enjoyable. Despite there being a ton of obscure missables and some busywork to get some of the best quartz (using a walkthrough helps), the hard work pays off in the end when your party finally culminates into the ultimate unstoppable force. Focusing evasion gear onto a specific tank will make nearly every physical attack miss them, and properly constructing a strength build can potentially one-shot superbosses. There are even ways to ensure that enemies never get a turn by infinitely delaying them so that your units can get into place for the finishing blow. Of course, for this type of game it could take some time to reach that point, but the sheer amount of content is more than enough to make the payoff worthwhile. And besides, doing everything thoroughly the first time negates the Nightmare run into a breezy daydream.

Speaking of awesome builds, Dishonored's up next.

D

Deleted member 88720

I don't think MMORPGs would count, so I'll have to choose something else.

I suppose the last game I completed was Fe: 7/10

Saint's Row IV - 8/10

This game probably isn't an 8/10 but i have a lot of fun with it just collecting super powers and collectibles.
It's the only Saints Row game I've played so if it jumped the shark I have no reference for how high it jumped

Mido

Version 1
Saint's Row IV - 8/10

This game probably isn't an 8/10 but i have a lot of fun with it just collecting super powers and collectibles.
It's the only Saints Row game I've played so if it jumped the shark I have no reference for how high it jumped

I would probably associate the series "jumping the shark" with Saints Row: The Third. IV mostly just kept up the trend so I can't really blame it. As you know, I fall into that category of SR fans that was not happy about the change in series tone (not that the second game was immune to moments akin to the tone of later games, but it still kept with the more serious nature of the first game). This does not necessarily make the later games bad, just different in their approaches; and as far as the changes go, I understand why they were made as I think they helped Saints Row stand out more. A part of the reason I liked the idea of Agents of Mayhem is because it is (kind of/sort of) its own thing. In any case, I think your rating is very, very fair at an 8; even if I myself haven't been keen about the direction of the SR games as a whole.

Hero of Pizza Time

Pizza Parker
Wolfenstein: The New Order

8/10

Pros:
  • Really reminds me of Goldeneye 007 (which is one of my favorite games).
  • Explores a "what if" timeline in which the Axis wins WW2. History plays out similarly yet completely differently.
  • Shooting, exploding, stabbing, or otherwise tormenting Nazis is always fun.
  • There are a couple of characters who are given interesting stories, especially Wyatt and Fergus.

Cons:
  • Starting to show it's age at 5 years old.
  • Soundtrack is lacking.
  • Stealth sections could be tedious at times.
  • My revenge against the Nazis still isn't quite satisfied. I want to burn Adolf and Heinrich's brains out. I was expecting an ending cutscene where you get to rip Deathshead's organs out of his *** for what he did to Fergus/Wyatt.

Mario Maker 2- 7/10

As someone who only played the original Mario Maker for about 3 hours offline, MM2 had a lot to offer me with more robust single player content and all the online features i missed last time.

Problem is... the missing gamepad makes building your own levels very fiddly while docked and handheld is only a little bit better.

The online levels are mostly troll levels (go figure).

And the story mode is just a glorified coin grind.

A lot of it makes the game look lazy, like when Mario's tool pouch pokes right through his thigh whenever he jumps and a lot of nice little passionate touches the original had are missing and rob the game of soul.

If you enjoy Dark Souls level troll levels and if you enjoy grinding for coins and if you can get along with the creation controls then there is a lot on offer here but I havent been able to mesh with this game very much at all.

Ninja

Well well well
Horizon Zero Dawn 8/10.

I really enjoyed this game. The world was large enough to feel like a true open world, however not too large that everything seemed out of reach.

The story was paced nicely and was really engaging. It went from 0 to 100 very fast, and had a very urgent atmosphere, sort of reminded me of FFXIII. I cannot wait for the eventual sequel.

Combat was definitely interesting. I loved how you could take multiple approaches to fighting all types of the machines. I’ll be farming some items then tackling the game on its hardest difficulty next.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Dishonored - 6.5/10

What is it with Western devs and their obsession with mapping combat actions to the trigger buttons...? 12 hours later, my first two fingers are experiencing severe arthritis. Anyhow, I started up Dishonored in high hopes that it'd be a thrilling ride to the end, but the end result left much to be desired. Sadly, the gameplay was lacking as swordplay was just more of the same janky swiping that you'd expect from Skyrim and co. (indeed, this was made by Bethesda; go figure). Even the supernatural abilities that Corvo gains along the way are rather lackluster as nothing stood out to me as viable, and additional perks (bone charms) offered very little in the way of useful.

I suppose the story was the strongest aspect that underwent the most development, and perhaps I am a bit spoiled by outstanding linear titles of today such as God of War or Devil May Cry 5. But there were times when I'd sit there and have to listen to the boatman or inventor prattle on before I could start the mission/buy something. The immense loading times took up enough of my time, thank you very much.

I'll probably play the sequel soon-ish because it seems to have refined mechanics, but I'll be going in a little less optimistic than before.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
Xenoblade Chronicles X
just beat the game at 102 hours and have been dying to play it ever since its initial e3 trailer when it was just called "X", b/w then and now I've played and beaten the entirety of the xeno series, and w/ that being said, its about a 9/10 for me, the story just isn't quite there compared to its predecessor, but just about everything else is phenomenal otherwise in my view

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom