• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Game That You Played

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Shadow Warrior 2 9/10

HOLY SMOKES this game is OFT DA HOOK!! This is the game your granpappy remembers, back in the golden ages of the 80s and early 90s when shooters were shooters and REAL MEN played the videya gaymes. This game's got ninjas, it's got demons, it's got chain swords, it's got katana, it's got uzis and shotguns and flaming shotguns and chainguns that spew acid and electrified chainsaws and crude humor and blood and gore and gibs and IT'S NUTS!!

Ninja

Well well well
EA Sports UFC2.

It's pretty difficult to get the hang of, but learning the gameplay mechanics and dominating your opposition is satisfying, and tons of replay value with the different weight classes. Story mode is very shallow though. 7/10.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Archeage - score irrelevant, this commercial product is basically a scam

Yeah I was curious. This MMO fail is rather infamous so I figured why not pop a gander and see for myself.
It was actually a rather unexpected experience. First of all open PvP on almost every map turns me off greatly. This MMO has the inkling of some good ideas that are bungled up in execution and by the product's attrocious pay to win scam. The PvP is no different. There's just nothing quite like going about your business farming mobs for expee when some level umpteen killjoy pops up out of nowhere and ganks yo ass, drops your expee and sends you back to the nearest shrine to resurrect and repeat as necessary.

The crafting and trading this game touted at launch is also horrendously rekt by the publisher who pretty much pushed Archeage into a pay to win nosedive. Archeage was supposed to be the chosen one, the MMO savior who would bring balance to the failing MMO market. All it brought was misery and more fail.

If you're just starting out pretty much all Archeage has going for you is the typical MMO quest grind. You're simply not cut out for PvP until you've ground your expee and loot into anything that can even remotely hold a candle to other players epic level paid for loot. And the pay to win ensures that you must PAY to do so. Even still if all you're expecting is the standard MMO quest grind then that is going to get constantly disrupted by PKers.

For a PvP centric game I actually found the trollkin players to be far less atrocious than most competitive games. In fact, the few players I interacted with were downright helpful and polite even when I was being a straight up a-hole to them (yes, I can be real nasty if I want to be), although they did shill and make excuses for the developers incompetence and greed and there were frequent discussions in chat about how not totally dead the game is. Few players actually seemed to be playing. There was some light harmless and even downright fun trolling in the comments, but the PKing could get out of hand. I even had players trying to nudge my toon out of the safe zones so they could attack me while I was afk.

On the subject of player toons I was really really digging the Warborn race storyline. Nevermind that my warborn was the hottest gal I've ever dropped out of a character creator but the story really endeared me to the Warborn. I felt an actual attachment to my character like I've never felt in an RPG much less an MMO. I'm actually a bit sad to quit her.

But eventually the engaging story runs out and the rest of the game is follow the quest marker. I will say that the next area's story was rather dark and engaging. I mean disturbingly dark with a cult kidnapping and brainwashing children into being crazed acolytes and demonic sacrifices. It made for an interesting story, but I actually found it a bit disturbing. But the story remains as thin as any MMO and it doesn't allow you to engage in this narrative as deeply as it deserves. I don't know what else the game has to offer and I don't care. Time is wasted on Archeage.

Last edited:

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Little Nightmares
This October, I really want to play as many spooky/horror games as possible. So I decided to kick things off with Little Nightmares which was just absolutely fantastic. The game actually reminds me a lot of Limbo since they're both puzzle platformers that use physics based puzzles to get through obstacles. However, Little Nightmares is so much more than that. For starters, the game is fully 3D, has a unique diorama/doll house perspective, offers more gameplay variety with its stealth segments, and oozes with that dark whimsical Tim Burton charm.

The whole game is designed to look as if it's from a (demented) child's perspective. The environments and adults in the game are all gigantic and disturbing, while Six is so small. Even the puzzles make you think like a child by making something simple to reach like a doorknob hard to get to. So the only way to reach it is by pulling up a chair to the door. It's not a story driven game, but everything you need to know is mostly told through subtext and left up to you to interpret, giving you a lot to think about after you've finished the game and there's definitely a lot to process.

The game isn't too long and could actually be sped run in under an hour, which is an actual achievement in the game, which is also supposed to be done without dying. I love this game, but going for that has been a total b*tch and highlights the game's flaws big time. There are times when the camera zooms out and wants you to walk on a 2D plane, but with the gameplay being 3D and the lack of invisible barriers, it's quite easy to fall to your death during these moments, especially when you're trying to race through them to save time. Six can also feel wonky at times when you want her to grab onto things and can unnecessarily cause you time if you're not precise enough with your movements. Really minor issues overall when you're just trying to enjoy the game at your own pace, but a total pain when going for that achievement. I have yet to accomplish it, but someday it will be done.

It's not an expensive game but it's also a little too short which is shame because there really isn't much to do after you've beaten the game and collected everything, which can all be done in a fairly short amount of time. There's storied DLC out with more incoming, so hopefully when it's all released, it will be quite the worthwhile package. I still highly recommend this game to anyone who is a fan of horror, platformers, or movies like The Nightmare Before Christmas and Coraline.

8.5/10

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Smash 4 on my 3ds with some friends.

9/10 needs a better Ganondorf, but is fun to play with friends

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening - 7/10

FINALLY!! I will never have to play that game again!!

For someone who has about as much scorn for Dragon Age as praise, I sure have spent a lot of time playing this series. I'll always like Inquisition well enough, but after years and years I was only recently able to play Awakening. After finally having played all DLC, I think it's safe to say I will put Origins (and DA2) to bed - at least for a long time.

Awakening gets off to a good start and runs solid throughout. Then it's like Biowaste ran out of time or money or something and decided they needed to wrap things up real quick. The ending steamrolls up from out of nowhere and before you know it you're facing down the final boss and then it's game over. It's a solid enough climax, no doubt, but it comes off as a bit unsatisfactory that the pacing doesn't allow for you to appreciate everything you've accomplished or wind down a bit before the final showdown. It's not a huge complaint, just my last impression.

Overall the game and it's mechanics are solid. A worthy conclusion to the warden's saga.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
The last of Us 9/10 - One of the reasons I wanted a PlayStation was to experience this game I had heard such good things about. I play for a good story and this game delivered on that front. It was tense at times and heartwarming at others. Featuring a great cast of characters, especially Joel the main protagonist. The last of Us did an excellent job at making you feel like a survivor against the odds and the zombie enemies were truly scary. I don't know what is worse now, clickers or ReDeads but I have had both in my nightmares.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Destiny 2 4/10

Late game is a mess right now. It still is Destiny. It looks great, the shooting feels great, and they fixed the loot system which makes it more fun. However, PvP and PvE are both atrocious right now. Strikes are boring, same with nightfalls. Not enough interest in the game by the players right now is making the raid impossible to attempt. I hate how you can't select game modes in PvP you just get thrown into whatever. Competitive PvP has no real incentives and just feels like a different game mode than a competitive match. There is little to no customization in building you character's stats with weapons, armor, and even the subclasses. The game got stale really fast which isn't good for a MMO style game. Bungie really needs to fix their **** with this game. Hopefully by year 2 the game will be loads better but as of right now I feel that Destiny 1 was way better than this half-asses sequel (And with how awfully Destiny 1 was recieved that should be saying something (this game is sub-par at best lol)). I am just really disappointed in this game but I am optimistic for the future. If Bungie could fix the atrocity that was Vanilla Destiny 1 then they could make Destiny 2 better than Destiny 1 post Taken King. If only they could release these games good at launch.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Shadowrun: Dragonfall
Better than Returns. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Story was much better because: 1. I had a persistent party of fleshed out, interesting, characters (Glory top waifu), and 2. The bad guy's plot was interesting and grey, as opposed to in Returns which was 'Extra-dimensional bugs want to wear your skin".

Shadowrun: Dragonfall
Better than Returns. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Story was much better because: 1. I had a persistent party of fleshed out, interesting, characters (Glory top waifu), and 2. The bad guy's plot was interesting and grey, as opposed to in Returns which was 'Extra-dimensional bugs want to wear your skin".

FI1UB3QJ7AQRH3D.MEDIUM.jpg

Reminds me of Molly Millions from Johnny Mnemonic

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Limbo
It's a fun little puzzley platformer thing. It's grim as hell, but it's nice figuring out how to not die horrifically every ten seconds.

Hob
It's also fun. Strong Zelda vibes, a pinch of Metroid Prime. A fair few technical issues. Lot of small but annoying graphical bugs and a couple of times when things just crapped out, but it was k. Decent little game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom