• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ranking the Star Wars Films

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
I'd like to start out by saying that I have not seen the "Last Jedi"

1- The Empire Strikes Back
2- A New Hope
3- Return of the Jedi
4- Revenge of the Sith
5- The Force Awakens
6- Rogue One
7- The Phantom Menace
8- Attack of the ****ty Movie

This whole commercial franchise really is a mess. It's difficult to appreciate anything beyond the first three because the storytelling is among some of the worst I've ever witnessed, anywhere. I'm talking Sonic the Hedgehog fanfiction levels of godawfulness.

1.) The Empire Strikes Back - pretty much the only one that can be considered to have its own actually good actual story in-and-of-itself.
2.) A New Hope - a mind bogglingly impressive straight forward action romp with smart character building, expert plot pacing, and some simple world building for good measure.
3.) Return of the Jedi - a meandering plot that devolves into a sudden an inexplicable rehash of the first movie holds this one back. Everything else is outstanding.
4.) Rogue One - or Star Wars with balls, as I refer to it. Somebody read my mind and portrayed a grittier rebellion but kept the Empire the same old cartoon villains. Nonexistent characterization of the cast (with a couple of exceptions) hold it back, but a suspenseful plot and the second best space battle in the series make it shine.

Literally everything else is total garbage. Complete trash. Utter bunk. Absolute poo-poo. I could torture us with a three hour comprehensive write up of everything that's wrong with the prequels (which is everything) but we have Red Letter Media for that. I mean, sure you could just watch the prequels but who would want to subject themselves to that torture more than once?

The Farce Awakens and The Last Jedi are lazy cynical cash grabs with incompetent storytelling on par with the prequels.

Yes but space wizards and glowy swords <3

D

Deleted member 14134

You know, I can see people who grew up with empire loving it the way they do, but when I see some of the younger people here saying it's their favorite I feel like these people can't think for themselves and let popular opinion control what their favorite is.

Anyways.

1. Revenge of the Sith
2. New Hope
3. Return of the Jedi
4. Rogue One
5. Phantom Menace
6. Empire
7. Last Jedi
8. Force Awakens
9. Clones (Was debating putting this above force awakens since it has at least one good scene (the yoda fight) but the rest was just too goddamn slow.

Anyways, the new star wars trilogy doesn't feel like star wars anymore. Disney has found their money making winning formula that they use for every marvel movie ever and now they're using it for star wars.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Star Wars is an odd series. Some movies have great writing and suck in other departments, some look good from a cinematography perspective but add nothing or **** on the lore. Anyway my list (haven't seen Episode VIII):

1. Return of the Jedi
2. Empire Strikes Back
3. Revenge of the Sith
4. The Force Awakens
5. Rogue One
6. A New Hope
7. Phantom Menace
8. Clone Wars

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Just saw episode 8. I'm glad I saw it, but don't know where to place it. I'll be making a blog, so stick around for that

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I just rewatched the prequels and after much consideration I have a list. Yes the prequels have many problems, but so did the original trilogy. Attack and Hope are probably the weakest films in the series, and I think Revenge and Empire are near masterpieces. This list might change after a second viewing of The Last Jedi, however.

1. Revenge of the Sith
2. The Empire Strikes Back
3. The Phantom Menace
4. The Force Awakens
5. Return of the Jedi
6. Rogue One
7. The Last Jedi
8. Attack of the Clones
9. A New Hope

Reactions: Dio

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Haven't seen Solo yet, but I would like to say that Revenge of the Sith is now my favorite Star Wars movie.

I don't know how that exactly happened, but I rewatched it and thought it was spectacular.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom