• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rank the Overworld Themes

Chris

It has been awhile...
Here are mine:

1) Majora's Mask
2) Ocarina of Time
3) Twilight Princess
4) A Link to the Past
5) Oracle of Ages
6) The Wind Waker

Waker of winds

Finally playing PH!
My favorites are:

1) TP: Souds so epic!

2)WW: I like it. No matter how many times I listen to it(and boy, I've listened it a lot).

3)OoX/LA: They're both great! GB power!!!:xd:

4)OoT: Good, the first I've ever listened. Brings back so many memories...

5)MM: Sounds like the first LOZ one, but different at the same time. Sounds kinda dark.

Niko Bellic 817

GH3: Legends of Rock
If I had to rank the overworld themes of the 12 main series games. (9 since the Oracles and LA have the same overworld) (as do WW and PH, although there is a slight difference in quality there)

This means the Main overworld theme. So that means the typical Overworld, Hyrule/Termina Field, or the Great Sea. Depending on which game you are playing.

Do you mean first is best?

Here's my list:

1) Twilight Princess

2) Ocarina of Time

3) Adventure of Link

4) Wind Waker

5) Minish Cap

6) Phantom Hourglass

7) Majora's Mask

8) Legend of Zelda (NES)

NES Zelda is ranked last, I thought it was a bit too repetitive.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Okay so here's mine.

6) Majora's Mask starts out soft and then gets all lively and dangerous sounding

5) Link to the Past very cool and classic

4) Legend of Zelda very cool and classic

3)Ocarina of Time starts gentle and cool but then gets all dangerous sounding like the mm one but better.

2) Link's Awakening very classic, lively, and fun!

1) Twilight Princess epic (didn't know an overworld theme could be this great), lively, sounds dangerous! My favorite combo in a monster filled overworld theme!

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
Since this thread is back in action, I thought I'd weigh in. Here's my top 5.

1) A Link To The Past - Excellent remix of a classic theme! It screams adventure, and embodies the game's overall spirit. Wonderful through and through. I would consider the Dark World theme a part of ALttP as being #1.

2) Twilight Princess - It's very dynamic, and wonderful at how it works with what's going on. Nice transitions to trouble / fighting themes, and excellent 'downtime' ambient music awaiting your return to action. The more triumphant Epona theme is a wonderful addition as well.

3) The Wind Waker - Great seafaring music that really gives a sense of wonderment to exploration. It really does feel like a journey on the high seas. This is something I don't think Phantom Hourglass' theme really got as much. It was a secondary theme to this one, but just not as 'right'.

4) Majora's Mask - I love the somewhat sinister opening to the theme, and the sense of urgency behind it. Plus it's a great classic rendition!

5) Link's Awakening - I love the opening addition to the main theme and also the follow up piece that was added before it transitions back to the beginning of the song again. It's really too bad those additions didn't make it further into the series, but then the main theme has pretty much been dropped as an overworld theme.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom