• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Rank the Divine Beasts by Ease of Access

MW7

In terms of going from the Great Plateau to boarding the Divine Beasts, how would you rank the Divine Beasts in order of easiness to reach and board?

4. Gerudo - I struggled a lot with the stealth segment a lot on my first playthrough. Now I just did my third playthrough, and it doesn't seem as hard but still is tricky. I failed it probably 10 times the first playthrough. The desert isn't too bad to traverse as the set you purchase for the region is relatively cheap. I do still think that the fight to board the beast is the hardest of the 4 by a wide margin and easy to mess up.

3. Zora - The game seems set up to lead you to do this dungeon first as it's closest to Kakariko and Zoras will point you in the direction to go. However, I struggled a ton on my way to Zora's Domain on my first playthrough with all the electric weapons that enemies had. I died a handful of times. Then you have to fight a Lynel or be super sneaky around one. Fighting the beast is probably the second hardest with the ice blocks but easy compared to the Gerudo fight. One nice thing is that this is the only region where you don't have to worry about heat or cold damaging you so it's the cheapest. Note: if you complete Rito first, there is a section of the back wall of mountains that can be overcome despite the perpetual rain with Revali's Gale so that you can skip most of the lead up to the dungeon except for the Lynel.

2. Goron - This is the most expensive region and the quests you go on to board the beast aren't too bad. Fighting Lizalfos early in the game can be hard, but you can kill almost all of them with Magnesis and metal blocks that are all over. Fighting the beast is uniquely low stress as you just shoot a cannon and aren't really in combat like the other 3 fights to board the beasts.

1. Rito - The only bad thing is that you have to have money or lots of potions to stay warm. However, you should have found the Warm Doublet which covers half of the problem. Once you have the cold handled, I think this is the easiest quest by a wide margin. You fly over to Hebra, shoot a few targets in an absurdly high amount of time, and partake in a pretty easy battle to board the beast. I think being on the opposite side of the map as Kakariko is the main obstacle in reaching it but warping back to the Great Plateau makes it not too far.

I think there are a lot of rankings here that are debatable as lots of these are close, and it depends on what bothers you most. If you care about spending rupees, then Zora is the best by far and Goron and Rito are bad and Gerudo in the middle. If you don't like combat as much, maybe the stealth of Gerudo is perfect for you and Zora a nightmare.

1. Rito - The only bad thing is that you have to have money or lots of potions to stay warm. However, you should have found the Warm Doublet which covers half of the problem. Once you have the cold handled, I think this is the easiest quest by a wide margin.

There is a sidequest in Gerudo Town for bringing Flint to the jeweler. She'll give you one of three items as a reward and you can choose one that resists the cold. Add that along with the Warm Doublet and you're set.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Easiest to hardest

Easiest is Vah Medoh

Next is Ruta

Next is Nabooris

Last is Rudania

They were all pretty simple tho

Note: if you complete Rito first, there is a section of the back wall of mountains that can be overcome despite the perpetual rain with Revali's Gale so that you can skip most of the lead up to the dungeon except for the Lynel.

On my first playthrough of the game I did Vah Ruta first, and I bipased the lead-up to the dungeon because I just climbed the cliffs in the rain without revali's gale. It was a nightmare. But definitely possible. On my second playthrough though, I did it the normal way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom