• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rank the Bosses of OOT

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Just inspired by talk in the SB so decided to make a thread for it.

Rank every boss in OOT from Favourite to Least Favourite.

For me

1) Ganondorf/Ganon - Seeing my cousin fight this battle was what made me want to get OOT in the first place. Loved the energy ball tennis and the grand setting of the battle. The music, everything. Ganondorf has been my favourite villain since I first saw him and this fight with him still tops the list for me. Then there is the second half of the battle. Very epic. A fine conclusion. Only wish they had implemented a shadow of the Colossus style element as I now know they intended to but were unable due to the tech at the time.

2) Twinrova - Had a thing for witches as a young boy. So when I saw the opening sequence for OOT and I saw there were two witches in the game I was delighted and couldn't wait to face off with them. Read an unfortunately worded walkthrough before fighting them which led 6 year old me to believe if you were hit by both kinds of their magic you would die and have to restart the entire game from the beginning. So not wanting two years of my life wasted I turned my N64 off directly at the power a lot when that happened!

3) Phantom Ganon - It's a type of Ganon which automatically makes him a hit with me. And there is energy ball tennis involved which also make him a hit with me. Shame he just had the regular boss music rather than his own theme.

4) Volvagia - I like dragons. And I like playing whack a mole with them even more

5) Bongo Bongo - The whole temple gave me the creeps and then I get to fight this drum playing bastard to top it all off. Wish he had played a more catchy beat but I found the boss more fun after the first frightful time

6) King Dodongo - A simple boss but I like feeding him bombs and his musical theme.

7) Morpha - When I was 5-6 I hadn't seen enough hentai to know where that battle was going.

8) Barinade - I like the way it explodes

9) Ghoma - An ok first boss. Pretty easy now as can kill in a few seconds but an overall unremarkable fight.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
9- Gohma. Nothing going on. Can literally beat in 10 seconds.

8- King Dodongo. Loved the music, but the weakness was predictable and literally everything about it was avoidable by getting as close as humanly possible to the lava without taking damage.

7- Volvagia. Same music as Dodongo in a cool setting, but the whack a mole was boring and the rocks were easily avoidable by just staying clinging to the wall until the attacks are over.

6- Morpha. Gross, but difficult in a weird way and in a semi cool setting

5- Barinade. At least I had trouble the first time I fought it. Still honestly one of the harder fights despite me almost never taking damage during it.

4- Twinrova. Boring as hell, but at least you kinda had to multitask.

3- Phantom Ganon. Liked the design and the cutscene beforehand, and also the cutscene after as well, but it was just more ping pong...

2- Ganondorf/Ganon. Amazing buildup to this point, followed by only 2 rewards: seeing/fighting Ganondorf (Including cutscenes here), and beating the game. The fights were lame, but the atmosphere was great. The music fit very well too

1- Bongo Bongo. The hardest of the Bosses, also the creepiest and most cool looking besides Ganondorf himself.

MW7

1) Phantom Ganon - Such a cool concept and fight. Him going out of the paintings and back in was genius and the fact that you have to spin around to figure out where he's coming from while ignoring the decoy is a lot of fun. It's not too hard but the fight is a lot of fun. Then you get a second phase of energy ball tennis. I just love it.

2) Volvagia - I like the design and atmosphere. Getting hit by breaths of fire do tons of damage. It's fun to try to hit him with the bow when he's flying because it's not an easy task at first. The whack a mole part is easy, but overall I just really enjoy this boss. I also like that if you lose your goron tunic or choose to skip it, that you have the added challenge of a time limit.

3) Bongo Bongo - I like the concept, atmosphere, and the fact that he can deal a lot of damage quickly. I've died to Bongo Bongo more than all the rest of the bosses combined (I have had multiple 3 heart runs with no deaths up to Bongo Bongo and then died). I like that there are multiple steps and variables to consider. You have to take out the hands, then shoot the eye, and you might want to use the lens of truth on the eye since it helps. I also like that he can be damaged by multiple weapons. It was many years after my first playthrough that I learned that you can hit him with the hookshot/longshot and that you don't need to use the Lens of Truth to hit him.

4) Ganondorf/Ganon - Both are fun fights, but the fight with Ganon I think could be improved by simply lowering his health. Once you know what you're doing, you won't take any damage, and it just becomes tedious with the amount of times you have to hit his tail. It's epic, but he didn't need such an absurdly high level of health. Ganondorf's health was perfect and that fight was more fun to me. I didn't mind the repetition of the tennis match that you had with Phantom Ganon since that was fun. I also like the cool easter egg of using a bottle to hit the energy back at him.

5) Barinade - Not hard but a huge step up from the other two child bosses. You can actually know what you're doing and get damaged. Not the most interesting to me though.

6) Twinrova - An interesting fight but the most frustrating for me. Unless you exploit the hookshot to cause a sister to spin, it's possible to have rounds in the first phase where you can't even hit the other sister. The second phase is more fun. A good boss but the most tedious for me.

7) Morpha - Easiest adult boss. As long as you have the natural instinct to stay at a safe distance, you won't get grabbed.

8) Gohma - Easy and obvious what to do. Slightly ahead of Dodongo because if you mess up and take too long she might send enemies after you.

9) King Dodongo - Super easy and obvious what to do.

Fun facts:
I don't think King Dodongo has damaged me once in 20 years of playing the game.
I've never fought Morpha from the center platforms. 100% of the time I immediately jump right back to the outer edge and stay there.
I manage to fall down fighting Twinrova most playthroughs. Fighting Ganondorf I think I've only fallen once.
Barinade has probably damaged me every playthrough I've ever had (literally about 100), but has never killed me.
Besides Bongo Bongo, Volvagia is the scariest boss on a 3 heart run because him breathing fire can kill you, and he turns quickly when he's about to do it.
I've rolled under Ganon's legs well over 1,000 times and 2-3 times I messed up and he hit me were some of the most frightening moments of my life lol. You just get in zone of never getting hit and then that one time he gets you it's loud, violent, and you hear Link and Zelda scream as Link goes flying.

Last edited:
9. Barinade
When inwas younger this damn thing was the one boss that killed me most in the game. I hate the dungeon it lives in and I hate it as a boss.

8. Bongo Bongo
Annoying thing. Just plain annoying.
Stop. Banging. The. Damn. Drum. You. Prick!

7. Volvagia
Volvagia is a dragon. Dragons are cool but that's about all i can say about it. Argarok is cooler.

6. Morpha
I liked Morpha because i could never figure out what it was. If it had form or not. If it'd ever take form while i battled it. I liked the mystery. And it wasn't annoying.

5. King Dodongo
Imposing for you second 3D boss and a nice Gohma follow up. He isn't hard but he is a lot of fun and that is what is important. Open wide!

4. Ganondorf/Ganon
Cool fights, quite simple but still epic.

3. Phantom Ganon
The whole painting hopping thing atill freaks me out. It is still so tense and i love it when you think you're about to take on Ganondorf and he rips his head off to reveal the phantom within. Fun times.

2. Gohma
A great first boss. Huge with a complex body so that you cant really tell what ot is in the dark. Genius stuff as far as presentation goes.

1. Twinrova
Brilliant two phase fight. Mirror Shield is finally useful in a fight and it feels awesome to beam Twinrova to death.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom