• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Rank order the divine beasts

For those who have done the divine beasts, rank order them in 2 categories:

1 - How they look
2 - The dungeons themselves

How they look:
1 - Camel - just looks so cool
2 - Elephant - again, really cool
3 - Bird - kinda cool
4 - Lizard - boring

The actual dungeons:
1 - Elephant - I loved moving the trunk
2 - Bird - pretty neat
3 - Lizard - kinda boring, but not terrible
4 - Camel - MASSIVELY disappointing. I was looking forward to it, and instead it was just a confusing and frustrating mess

Also, bonus - What order did you tackle them in?
Mine was:
1 - Elephant
2 - Bird
3 - Lizard
4 - Camel

How they look

- Vah Medoh
Cool bird, cant say much else. Its a safe design.

- Vah Radunia
When i first saw this climbing over Death Mountain i thought it was a scorpion. Its a salamander. Much less threatening.

- Vah Ruta
Rather impressive, it doesnt do much. Its an elephant... an elephant.

- Vah Naboris
This one is hilarious. Something about the way it walks just doesnt look right at all. And its a camel... the best weapon to attack Ganon with.

Dungeons themselves

-Vah Ruta
Lots of fun, few different ways around the puzzles. Like a nice flying dungeon.

-Vah Darunia
Fun dungeon, nice when the lights went out. Tipping it on its side was odd. Why did it tip on to its side? I want to see how odd it looks from outside the dungeon.

-Vah Ruta
This one was okay. Getting into it was a pain. Nothing terribly memorable though.

-Vah Naboris
PAIN. IN. THE. ARSE.

Order completed

-Vah Ruta
-Vah Medoh
-Vah Naboris
-Vah Rudania

Last edited:

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Only done bird, elephant and lizard because I'm on a ski trip lol but I say aesthetically bird >ele > lizard and dungeon wise lizard >ele >bird huh it's reverse

Scribear

Your Best Friend (rupee free)
How they look:
1 - Camel: My first time seeing it was awesome. In that dust cloud I was awe struck and excited. Up close it was scary cool.
2 - Elephant: It looked tiny in the resivour but then got to it and it was massive and intense looking.
3 - Bird: So cool. I thought something so big flying was amazing.
4 - Lizard : Fun but...not as cool as it could have been. But still looked cool.

The actual dungeons:
1 - Elephant: Loved getting into the dungeon. Loved figuring out the puzzles. Loved the boss fight.
2 - Bird : Was fun to get into but pretty easy. The puzzles were not hard but I enjoyed moving the bird to figure things out. Boss fight was good.
3 - Lizard: Scary but fun. But easy. Boss fight was not hard.
4 - Camel: Hardest dungeon for me, just got frustrated but at the same time I enjoyed the difficulty. The boss fight was the hardest for me out of the 4.

All together: I loved that they moved. That you could fall off. That you could move them. That there wasn't any fighting besides the boss. I loved hearing the champions voices through the dungeon. I wish they were present a bit more maybe in ghost form or something...but yeah. I loved these dungeons.

I did:
Elephant
Camel
Bird
Lizard.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Vah Ruta - (Completed 1st, Ranked 1st)

Looks kinda cute in a weird way? I was confused about why they chose an elephant for the Zoras but considering its powers it makes sense a bit more. The dungeon itself I think was the best one. Getting inside was more challenging for me than the others and fighting alongside Sidon was epic, and the dungeon itself was tricky for me. Waterblight Ganon was satisfyingly tough.

Vah Rudania - (Completed 2nd, Ranked 3rd)

When I first saw it in the trailer I was blown away, I thought it looked awesome then and I still do. The dungeon itself was rather easy, though. Not necessarily a bad thing, but it didn't take me long to get through it. Getting inside the beast in the first place was not as epic as I was hoping, coming off the high from the battle with Vah Ruta. But I like Yunobo a lot and I thought they designed that portion well. It was tricky for me. Fireblight Ganon was the easiest of the four for sure. I had trouble because I didn't figure out what to do for his second phase at first, but once I did he was done for fast.

Vah Naboris - (Completed 3rd, Ranked 2nd)

I don't think it looks particularly intimidating or cool, but that might be because it's a camel lol. Getting inside was pretty cool, though; not as epic as with Vah Ruta but it was close. Sand seal surfing is fun so I enjoyed that battle quite a bit, and I always love fighting alongside other characters. The dungeon itself was satisfyingly challenging for me. The electric circuit puzzles were kind of difficult for me. I can see how it'd be an annoyance to some but I thought it was a good dungeon. Thunderblight Ganon is definitely the best of the four bosses. Its speed combined with its second phase posed a welcome challenge.

Vah Medoh - (Completed last, Ranked 4th)

From a distance it looked much more intimidating. Up close it doesnt look as threatening but it's still kinda cool. It was definitely the easiest of the four, though, including the fight to get inside. It was epic, and that view was incredible, but it was very easy. The dungeon itself wasn't very difficult to figure out, definitely the easiest of the four. That doesn't make it bad of course, it was still fun. There wasn't as much of a challenge in it, though. Windblight Ganon would place in the middle in terms of difficulty. Not too easy, but not too hard either. I enjoyed the fight.

How they look:
1. Medoh
2. Rudania
3. Nabooris
4. Ruta

How they rank as dungeons:
1. Medoh
2. Ruta
3. Nabooris
4. Rudania

Order I did them:
1. Ruta
2. Nabooris
3. Medoh
4. Rudania

Final thoughts:
Honestly, the dungeons were very short, I would have preferred it if they were longer, like in previous games. Also, it was disappointing that there wasn't much fighting in the beasts other than a few bits of malice.

How they look
  1. Medoh
  2. Ruto
  3. Rudania
  4. Nabooris
The actual dungeons
  1. Nabooris
  2. Medoh
  3. Rudania
  4. Ruto
Order I did them
  1. Rudania
  2. Ruto
  3. Nabooris
  4. Medoh
Overall Rank
  1. Medoh
  2. Nabooris
  3. Rudania
  4. Ruto

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Tacking on some more categories as well :)

How they look (exterior):
1. - Bird - I'm immediately attracted to anything that has to do with flight and it looming over us was definitely cool
2. - Elephant - looks cool and elegant in design, defintely the most "decorated"
3. - Camel - the sandstorms shrouding, and how you could only really see parts of it out there in the desert was definitely cool
4. - Lizard - nothing against the look, I just like the other designs better

Entering the Divine beasts:
1. - Bird - it was definitely the easiest entry, but it still felt rewarding
2. - Lizard - if it had been all about stealth I would have hated it, but hardly any of it was about that and I found Yunobo easy to bring along
3. - Elephant - I loved swimming up and shooting the targets, the ice blocks part was so and so
4. - Camel - as much as I love the seal surfing aspect of it, the way Riju kept swerving left and right detracted from the experience for me as I had a hard time keeping within range of her

The actual dungeons:
1. - Camel - it was the most challenging, but at the same time the most rewarding puzzle to solve
2. - Elephant - had some cool puzzles to it, loved moving the trunk
3. - Bird - dead easy, but still cool to change the flight direction
4. - Lizard - the bit in the dark in the beginning was cool, but it had the least interesting controls

Boss fight:
1. - Bird - it was dead easy, but I like using wind when fighting in this game
2. - Elephant - had some challenge to it, though it was easy taking it on as late in the game as I did
3. - Lizard - nothing special, dead easy to do and there weren't any elements in the fight that stood out
4. - Camel - most frustrating boss fight, not just in terms of the moves and phases, but also it was the hardest room to have a boss fight in

Rewards:
1. - Bird - It's definitely my most used out of all the abilities gained, especially useful whenever I need to hunt down dragon parts
2. - Camel - Definitely a very useful power for boss fights out in the world, I try to mostly save it for those instances
3. - Lizard - Definitely useful in close-up combat, though I wish I could avoid triggering it when I want to do shield blocks. I feel like this is the one I accidentally use up the most
4. - Elephant - It's not that it's not useful, but it's the one that can most easily be replicated in other ways, also you only get one before it has to recharge.

The order I tackled them in:
1. - Camel
2. - Bird
3. - Lizard
4. - Elephant

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
How they look:
1 - Camel: Looks cool, easy to get in
2 - Elephant: Looks Really cool, easy to get in, but more fun than getting in the Camel
3 - Bird: BOORING.
4 - Lizard: ^

The actual dungeons:
1 - Elephant: Was fun, had it's challenges, but was easy overall. Semi difficult boss.
2 - Bird: Too easy. Medoh was "The world's best archer" And literally all you have to do (And all I did) to beat this boss, is spam your best type of arrows until they die.
3 - Lizard WAAY Too easy, although getting to it was a pain. Boss was SOOO easy.
4 - Camel: I was a ****ing mess in this dungeon, and I'm pretty sure I B.S-ed my way past the obstacles. The boss took me a good 2 hours, because I forgot to take out my metal shield and kept getting zapped towards the end.

What order did you tackle them in?
Elephant
Camel
Bird
Lizard

I probably won't be able to properly reply to this thread for awhile because I'm a petty ***** who is making it a point to leave my last two beasts unfinished for as long as possible. However, I have a hunch I will really like Vah Naboris, based on its boss. Thunderblight Ganon is my favorite fight, hands down.

Of the two I've done: people say Vah Medoh is the easiest but I liked the feel and layout of it better than Vah Ruta. The puzzles in Vah Medoh could be solved a few different ways, so even though a handful of them were pretty straightforward, I liked taking it from different angles and it's layout offered a bit more independence. Windblight Ganon was a cool first boss fight for me. I did the fight twice because I forgot to take a picture of Windblight Ganon the first time and my first fight with him went a lot smoother than the second time. I mostly just shot him with shock arrows just because. Boarding Vah Medoh was dope though. I really enjoyed it, and it was really my first time experiencing aerial bow combat because I'm not exciting at all. Super fun.

The extent of Vah Ruta's puzzles was "use the trunk to propel water" and while I like that the Beast controls were more involved in the puzzles, the interior layout was pretty bland. Boss fight was fine, though Mipha needed to shut up. Hate the ice block attacks but I mostly enjoyed the fight. Boarding Ruta was alright. Didn't think to use cryonis so I wasted a lot of arrows and a few bows getting everything in order.

Fireblight Ganon is probably the most generic of the four blight bosses. The others have a tendency to become airborne and he's usually on the ground for his attacks, so it didn't require grounding him or anything. His hair is dope tho I hated driving Rudania into the volcano with Yunobo, so unless Rudania is ****ing amazing, I highly doubt I'll care for it since boarding the beasts accounts for probably half of the dungeon experience.

What I anticipate my divine beast rank to be (I'll confirm or reject this eventually):
Medoh > [Naboris] > Ruta > [Rudania]

What I anticipate boarding beasts to be:
Medoh > Ruta > [Naboris] > Rudania

Blight bosses from favorite to least favorite:
Thunderblight > Windblight > Waterblight > Fireblight

Animal choices/external appearance:
Ruta > Rudania > Medoh > Naboris

MW7

I copied and pasted misskitten's categories so thank you misskitten.

How they look (exterior):
1. - Bird - I think the fact that this beast flies makes it the coolest one. You can see it from very far away which makes it seem more epic.
2. - Elephant - The elephant is large and intimidating. I like that it is causing a massive rainstorm in the surrounding area which shows it's power.
3. - Camel - This was the first divine beast I saw up close. Like the elephant, it's causing a storm which adds to the intimidation. I just like elephants more than camels though.
4. - Lizard - The lizard was fine, but I think the others were more interesting.

Entering the Divine beasts:
1. - Elephant - I thought this was the coolest battle. I especially liked how the design caused there to be waterfalls and I like the elephant's cry.
2. - Bird - This was easy but pretty cool being up in the air.
3. - Lizard - Once I realized that all you did was drop metal things on the scouts, I didn't think it was all that exciting. I did like firing your goron friend at the beast.
4. - Camel -This was difficult for no reason. I have no idea why they made it so tricky to stay within the thunder helm's protection. If you mess up once, you pretty much should just start over. It just wasn't much fun.

The actual dungeons:
1. - Camel - This was by far the most difficult, but I loved the puzzles. This one took the longest by far.
2. - Elephant - This one was the second most difficult for me and also had excellent puzzles. I was confused for a little bit but not nearly as much as with the Camel.
3. - Lizard - I liked the part in the dark, but I was actually disappointed when the light came in. It was spooky and then became really easy once you had light.
4. - Bird - I think it was too easy to be much fun. There wasn't a whole lot to this dungeon. The puzzles were cool but not difficult.

Boss fight:
1. - Elephant - I thought Waterblight was the most fun. It wasn't super easy but it was memorable.
2. - Camel - Thunderblight was interesting to fight. I feel like I was lucky fighting him as I guessed the timing of his charges pretty well. The fight was also fairly memorable.
3. - Lizard - I barely remember fighting Fireblight. I don't think there was anything special about the fight.
4. - Bird - I also don't remember much about Windblight. I just remember it wasn't very challenging.

Rewards:
1. - Bird - I use this power all the time. In my opinion, more of the powers should have been something like this to aid in exploration.
2. - Lizard - I accidentally use this all the time. It's useful though.
3. - Camel - I use this power every once in a while. By the time I got it, fighting was pretty easy anyway.
4. - Elephant - I think there are tons of other health items that make this less special. I also don't like the extremely long recharge time but I understand why it has to be like that.

The order I tackled them in:
1. - Camel
2. - Elephant
3. - Bird
4. - Lizard

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Assuming a scale of 1 being best 4 worst:

Looks:

1: Naboris;camel; because god damn that was an awesome looking beast.
2: Rudania;lizard; i liked the concept of a giant lizard and the fact he literally moves around his element made him a good one.
3: Ruta;elephant; not overly fond of elephant design for the fact it felt TOO big inside it was a pretty simple place.
4: Medoh;bird; i'd have expected it to actually move it's wings instead of hovering as a stationary thing.

Dungeons Rankings:

1: Naboris: i liked the camel design and the fact that the ENTIRE thing moved depending on what circuits you activated and what you didn't far better than the normal map operated means.
2: Medoh: yeah i disliked the design but the dungeon itself was awesome the very fact your thousands of miles in the air and are forced to ride the currents to access parts is pretty cool
3: Rudania: he ranks low because he was a rather simple dungeon he moves up the sides of the caldera as needed rotating the dungeon 90 degrees each time but aside from that really linear it felt.
4: Ruta: Blech not very much i can say here, it felt too open inside and the boss itself was a joke, it felt like Ruta was the introduction to the beasts really.

Order i completed:

1: Ruta
2: Medoh
3: Naboris
4: Rudania

Which lead up to the beast was good:

1: Rudania: there was no buts you literally climbed death mountain pelting him with a goron and you were forced to explore the entire mountain
2: Naboris: i loved that to board Naboris you had to break it's generator feet and you got to sand seal into it while dodging lightning.
3: Ruta: i didn't overly enjoy fleeing from a lynel to pick up bolt arrows at the time but i can understand it now, i did really enjoy circling around Ruta blasting Ice blocks and her water gens ^^
4: Medoh: It didn't feel like the beast lead up, i know we literally take to the skies to enter but it felt to lackluster really.

linkypete

I am the very model of a modern major-general
Looks:
1)Vah Medoh
2)Vah Rudania
3)Vah Ruta
4)Vah Naboris

Difficulty Completing:
1)Vah Rudania
2)Vah Naboris
3)Vah Ruta
4)Vah Medoh

Buildup/Story before getting in:
1)Vah Ruta
2)Vah Naboris
3)Vah Rudania
4)Vah Medoh

Battle before getting in:
1)Vah Medoh
2)Vah Ruta
3)Vah Naboris
4)Vah Rudania

Order I completed:
1)Vah Ruta
2)Vah Naboris
3)Vah Medoh
4)Vah Rudania

Champion Rankings:
1)Mipha
2)Urbosa
3)Daruk
4)Revali

Helper Rankings(the ones who help you get into the divine beast)
1)Sidon
2)Riju
3)Yunobo
4)Teba(I had to look up his name because he's so forgettable)

Level Design:
1)Vah Naboris
2)Vah Ruta
3)Vah Medoh
4)Vah Rudania

How they look:

Vah Ruta: Looks super cool with the weird eye... thing.
Vah Rudania: I love its face.
Vah Nahboris (is that spelled right?): Really cool on how it moves, but not the best overall look
Vah Medoh: That snout.

The dungeons:

Vah Medoh: Very easy boss, but hardish way to board and puzzles semi difficult. (this may be because I did it before I really knew how to do the puzzles)
Vah Nehboris: HARDEST BOSS IN THE GAME. Fun, mostly easy puzzles. Boarding it was pretty hard because Riju and Patrica are slow.
Vah Rudania: Easy, fun boss fight. Fun puzzles that really made me think. Boarding it was fun.
Vah Ruta: Hard boss fight. The puzzles would probably have been easy if I had known how to use any of my runes, but I didn't.

Order I defeated them:

I stumbled upon Vah Ruta when exploring, and finished it. Then, I made my way out to Vah Rudainia and completed it. Then I went out to Gerudo City and couldn't figure out how to get into the Yiga Hideout, so I defeated Vah Medoh instead. Then I went into Hyrule Castle, got all the memories and the Master Sword and finally came back for Urbosa.

Looks:
1. Medoh
2. Naboris
3. Ruta
4. Rudania
5. Divine/Final Trial (DLC Divine Beast)

The Dungeons:
1. Divine/Final Trial (DLC Divine Beast)
2. Naboris
3. Ruta
4. Rudania
5. Medoh

Order of Completion:
1. Ruta
2. Rudania
3. Medoh
4. Naboris
5. Divine/Final Trial (DLC Divine Beast)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom