• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Randomly Crashing on Nintendo Wii Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaddixCroft

The Twilight King
Hi I'm Shaddix new to the forums and I just wanted to ask a question about LOZ TP.

Whenever I get to the Gerudo Desert on my copy of Twilight Princess It keeps on crashing my Nintendo Wii and giving me a error screen :(. Is there a way around this or is there something up with the game disk (which I've checked and it isn't scratched) so I'm pretty confused right now since the game has been working perfectly untill now so yeah can anyone help out here ? :)

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
It must be corrupted data. The disk contains data and the lazer might not recognize it.

Only solution, I guess, is to buy another one.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
First, I'd test the Wii to ensure it isn't an issue with the laser. However, since you say that it it occurs only at a specific section on the specific disc, it could be a damaged or corrupt disc.

If you bought it recently from a store like GameStop, I'd suggest you take your copy down there (along with receipt) and request for another copy. (They'll let you do that. I once bought a used copy of Mario Kart: Double Dash, and it came up with an error at the same spot every time, even though it wasn't really scratched up. Same thing with a copy of Metroid Prime.)

ShaddixCroft

The Twilight King
First, I'd test the Wii to ensure it isn't an issue with the laser. However, since you say that it it occurs only at a specific section on the specific disc, it could be a damaged or corrupt disc.
I've played my Sonic Colours and Super Mario Galaxy 2 and it worked fine without crashing (just did a a bit of run of the Egg Shuttle mode and messed around with some levels on SMG2) and went back to Twilight Princess and happened again right near the same place again :/.
If you bought it recently from a store like GameStop, I'd suggest you take your copy down there (along with receipt) and request for another copy. (They'll let you do that. I once bought a used copy of Mario Kart: Double Dash, and it came up with an error at the same spot every time, even though it wasn't really scratched up. Same thing with a copy of Metroid Prime.)
I bought it months ago at UK store GAMESTATION so I don't think I can return it now but I only started getting into the Twilight Princess just of late so I'm quite gutted that is has happened I just getting into the Zelda series too but thanks for the help it looks like I have to buy a new version of the game when I get some money :(.

R

r3trogamer

try the disc in another wii console see if it crashes in that one if it does then you no its the disc if not then its your console ? one of my mates had the same proplem so he changed his lens cleaned his disk and everything was back to normal but am not saying its your lens it could be your disc .......... an easyer way is to buy the gamegube version works fine for me

ShaddixCroft

The Twilight King
Hmm well that hard because I don't have another Wii system I could try my friends across the road but I doubt he would let me lol he's always on Sonic Colours or Donkey Kong Country Returns :P but I think I'll settle for getting a brand new Twilight Princess since I know it isn't the console (just been playing NBA Jam and other games perfectly)

R

r3trogamer

if you have a gamecube then you could get that version instead but saying that i carnt see it being much for a new copy :) hope you sort it anyway . i hate it when thngs like this happern

ShaddixCroft

The Twilight King
Sarcasm much? He was only trying to help. And you just randomly doubt? Check on his first to ensure it.
I wasn't being sarcastic :huh: my Wii is fine other games for my console are working great like always it's just TP what keeps on crashing/giving me a error screen up. I only got my Nintendo Wii last year along with my DSi so it shouldn't have no problems up to now plus my friend is currently at work.
if you have a gamecube then you could get that version instead but saying that i carnt see it being much for a new copy :) hope you sort it anyway . i hate it when thngs like this happern
Yes I do have a GC but it's currently inactive since I use my Wii for Gamecube games now but I like the Wii version of Twilight Princess and got pretty far on it I'd rather get a Wii version but thanks for the suggestion though :).

Last edited:

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
"Hmm well that hard because I don't have another Wii system"

That's sarcasm, if my brain is not mistaken. And if the solution is solved, why don't you just lock it?

ShaddixCroft

The Twilight King
"Hmm well that hard because I don't have another Wii system"

That's sarcasm, if my brain is not mistaken. And if the solution is solved, why don't you just lock it?
Honestly I wasn't being sarcastic I don't see anything sarcastic about that quote I ain't a very sarcastic guy. So yeah I've got the answers I needed anyway Thanks for the replies people :). Can a mod/admin please lock this topic please :).

ShaddixCroft

The Twilight King
Or, even better, do it yourself.
How do you do that Please can you help me then on how to lock my own topic ? keep in mind I am new here and not used to how this forum works yet since I'm far more used to other forums like Sonic Stadium Message Boards and Tomb Raider Forums so some help would be nice hehe :)

Last edited:
The same thing happens to me, but at another part. If it happens during a cutscene, skipping it should work, but you would not be able to see it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom