• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Random Reset While Sailing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes when I'm sailing, the screen will randomly turn black, and I'll be reset somewhere different and facing a new spot.
Am I doing anything to cause this?

tecknokid900

All Hail Yhtomit!
Hmm, maybe. you might have hit a spot where your disk is scratched and it blips out on you. or maybe there is some sort of power surge? Maybe your game system is doing it for some reason. then again, it could be a glitch. or it could be when you meet Zephos and get sucked up......probably not that one though.

Fierce

Deity Link
Does the King of Red Lions say anything to you? Because you might be out of boundaries. In the beginning of the game you are given a pretty linear area to explore. If not it may be a defective disc/ system. Try cleaning it or storing your Gamecube/Wii in a less dusty environment.

Hope that helps.

Does the King of Red Lions say anything to you? Because you might be out of boundaries. In the beginning of the game you are given a pretty linear area to explore. If not it may be a defective disc/ system. Try cleaning it or storing your Gamecube/Wii in a less dusty environment.

Hope that helps.

No, the screen just goes black, the camera is set on Link's face, it zooms out, and I'm out of place.

It's not as though it happens a lot. Maybe I shouldn't worry about it.

JamesBond007

Indigo Child
I got that several times. I think that sometimes this happens when Link sails into a zone with fixed time (only day or only night). Maybe it depends on the current time? Don't worry - you should be at the same area as before. Just continue sailing.

That used to happened to me all the time. I never paid it much attention. I myself now wonder what that is. I ruled out everything else (out of bounds, Zephos, etc.).

Its happen to me several times while sailing, so I figured there was several scratches on it.

It happened to me when I first bought it, so I didn't think it was that.

Now that I think back on it, it would happen when an enemy was following for an unusual amount of time. Maybe the game was just refreshing itself?

But then again, it would happen randomly too.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I think it is the disc because when you are going to a direction you can't go the Lion will talk to you and tell you to go back. And I have been followed by sharks for a long time when I first played the game and the disc did not reset itself. It can be a damaged disc or maybe there is a glitch in it which is causing this.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
If the Boat talks to you about not able to go further in this direction, it's because the game is guiding you towards the storyline spot. I think it stops doing that when you complete the 3rd Temple though I COULD be wrong.

If the game goes black, then your disc has some errors. Either it's dusty, scratched heavily, or cracked slightly. Never have I encountered THAT problem before...

maybe your game is haunted by BEN, if a statue of a ugly link appears behind you, turn it off! :O
just kidding, it's probably nothing to worry about

D

dinolink80

It happened to me when I first bought it, so I didn't think it was that.

Now that I think back on it, it would happen when an enemy was following for an unusual amount of time. Maybe the game was just refreshing itself?

But then again, it would happen randomly too.
I don't know about it, but, it could be a cyclone. Probably not that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom