• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild "Random Events" and Enemy Spawning?

In Zelda games, the enemies and events that happen in the overworld are already pre-placed. This makes a lot of revisited areas quite predictable as far as what you'll find there, and once you've discovered everything in an area, travelling through it becomes little more than a routine. In other games with huge overworlds, there are sometimes "random events" and unexpected spawning of enemies. These range from a group of monsters attacking you to a stranger asking you for help as you move through the landscape.

How would you feel if these were implemented in the Zelda series?

I think it would be neat to see, and would freshen up traveling activities if you choose to stop and take care of them. Instead of knowing exactly where a deku baba will pop up, it may or may not be in the spot that you saw it previously, if at all. Also, you could run across some people who are in need of help or try to harm you. If you help someone, you may be given rewards like rupees, collectibles, or a piece of heart. Just an idea that came to mind :)

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Dynamic events refer to any event that occurs in a persistent area as a result of players interacting with and exploring the world. They are called "dynamic" because there are multiple outcomes that also result in new events, creating a cascade effect. Once an event has triggered, it will develop whether or not a player attends it. Because of this, there is no real concept of failure or success – the result of any event will simply cause a change in the surrounding area. For example, if monsters are successful in raiding an area, they may become strong enough to occupy a fort, which could then be taken by players.
Dynamic event - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)

That's all I really care about. :yes:

If the overworld changes as we interact with it, that smells like heavy progression and delicious RPG stuff. I want all of it in my Zeldas <3

Zelda-Rocks

The King of all Rocks
I think that would make Zelda a lot funner. Cause on thing a lot of people don't like about it is how the entire game is the rigged. If i filmed all of SS and compared it to this site's video walkthrough, the tapes would pretty much be the exact same. Random is good!

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
That would mean a more involved and eventful overworld, which is exactly what the series needs! Games like Twilight Princess, The Wind Waker, and Spirit Tracks (to name a few) have rather empty and barren overworlds, with not much to do while traversing it. Adding triggered events would make traveling through the Great Sea, or Hyrule Field, just that much more entertaining. It would be a great way for fans to enjoy the games more!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom