• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Random Encounters

Judging by what Aonuma said in the Digital Event it sounds like random encounters will be present.
Now I dont think random encounters will get to a Final Fantasy extreme but I will appear on the Overworld as an optional boss
kind of like in wind waker with the big octos. And also in the trailer the monster Kinda looked like an octo type of monster so
this could potentially be a new side quest. It would be even more cool if nintendo brought this idea even further by making the main villian
come out of no where and attack you. That would be so COOL :yes::lol:
What are your thoughts?

Aonuma did say that he was inspired by Skyrim in it's open world that immediately gave you access to almost everywhere in the game. It may be the case that randomly facing strong enemies (ie dragons from Skyrim) was also another idea that was inspired from the same title. The onlyu thing I'm curious about is that hopefully if there are random encounters such as this then we get to see multiple types of enemies within these encounters. Even in Skyrim, the dragons did get a little old eventually.

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
Aonuma did say that he was inspired by Skyrim in it's open world that immediately gave you access to almost everywhere in the game. It may be the case that randomly facing strong enemies (ie dragons from Skyrim) was also another idea that was inspired from the same title. The onlyu thing I'm curious about is that hopefully if there are random encounters such as this then we get to see multiple types of enemies within these encounters. Even in Skyrim, the dragons did get a little old eventually.

Not just Skyrim, I also notice some inspiration from Dragon's Dogma, then again, Dragon's Dogma was probably just as inspired by Elder Scrolls as Zelda Wii U is in similar ways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom