• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rambo

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
Went and saw the newest Rambo movie yesterday. Have to say, I really enjoyed it. I'm a big fan of the series and loved the first three.

This one does give the series good closure. While it has a sad feeling to it, as Rambo no longer cares about his friends, his country, or the world for that matter, it still is a very watchable movie. It doesn't have the 'storm trooper' effect nearly as much as the previous titles. The storm trooper effect comes from the Star Wars series' where basically, the bad guys have miserable accuracy and the heroes will never miss. That was definately the case in the previous two Rambo titles.

Sylvester Stallone does a brilliant job as Rambo, even 20 years after the last title. Some could classify it as mindless action, as it has broken the record of Rambo 3 with the highest visible body count in a film (236 deaths). The movie does have a deeper meaning as it tells the story of a true Civil War happening in the southeast of Asia where a Genocide is happening. It is not for the clean hearted as the blood and gruesome deaths are plenty.

Definately a watch for any action movie fan or anybody who has seen the previous Rambo's.

V

Vic

Thought it was well done, Yes the action was great, not to mention the extremely violent content, but yeah, the plot was a little thin, but that didnt stop me enjoying the movie.

And Stallone is still the man!

Thought it was well done, Yes the action was great, not to mention the extremely violent content, but yeah, the plot was a little thin, but that didnt stop me enjoying the movie.

And Stallone is still the man!

I agree, this film was awesome. Probably the best this year.

chrisbg99

OBEY THE FIST!
Seriously, I would have killed, literally killed, for an Schwarzenegger/Stallone film so epic that the gods themselves would have trembled and the heavens would have opened and all glory would have been bestowed on mankind as Arnie and Sly massacred millions.

Kybyrian

Well it's been a little bit since I've saw it, but the movie was great. How they threw the people into the fires whenever they attacked and how they like blew up stuff and shot people and blew them up, but it was mean, too. :< And how he shot that guy with an arrow from like a long ways away. That was awesome.

Rambo 4 was THE SH!T. The blood, the violence; all extremely awesome and manly. I was actually expecting Stallone to look like sh!t rolled in fat, but was surprized to see he was still ripped ( check Arnold out lately, he is sh!t rolled in fat now ). The action was awesome, felt just like Rambo should.

I don't agree with you though Mases, even in the third and a bit in the second he really doesn't care about the country. In the second, he is in it solely to retrieve POW's that the government cares less to go in and free, and flips his sh!t when he too is left to die in the jungle.

In the third he only fights because he is caught up in the bs going on in that country. In the scene when the choppers attack them while in that horseback game, he tells the guy that this is his fight now; he is caught up in the fighting and is almost killed, not to mention the general has been captured.

Rambo 4 is a bit more extreme in his dislike of his country, but at the end he goes home ( from what I've understood, he didn't know his father but finds him in the end, atleast finds his home ).

In each Rambo he has a hard time finding a home. The the last two he doesn't even live in America anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom