• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Rag's CHAOS MAFIA √−i by Ragnarokio (NOT BY STORM) [GAME THREAD]

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
@DawningWinds are you allowed to claim what you know about KoD's role?

Also, you bringing up the other ways to be modkilled and Numbers is interesting. I wonder if Numbers can put certain rules on specific people and if they break them they're modkilled. Dunno if they would be aware of them in this case or not. Like he could have to guess that someone might do something specific and if they do they get modkilled.

a'lana

cotton candy
It's mechanical info from what my own role does. His role does in fact involve being modkilled, however this may or may not apply to getting modkilled from breaking the rules?
That said, I have since been suggested in one of my OC chats that KoD did not intentionally outright lie and that he instead made a complete misinterpretation of his role and omitted its main effect. There appears to be nothing in his actual role text suggesting he would be immune to modkills from breaking the rules and I do not understand the leaps in logic necessary to get to that assumption. So I think more likely the modkill was intentional thinking it would let him use his role. My info from the same OC suggests it did not actually allow him to do so and we would most likely be aware if he had used it.

On tangentially related note to all that, we probably have a way to get modkilled without breaking the rules. This may or may not just be Numbers' role? But KoD's role might not be able to function at all without such a thing existing in some capacity.

I think that Caps is less likely to be partnered with CL than others because of their interactions thus far. Same as I believe multiple others have stated.

May I remind you the cult doctor claimed to target me during the only night that I have been alive thus far? And that I only had two OC chats at the end of night one unless, one of which you can look at and see exists (you'd have to read the first page to see that I'd have been in it during night one but is that really so hard) and one of which has been corroborated by modconfirmed still-town which means I did not get added to any cult/scum chat. For me to be scum, Caps must be a liar before Night One ends but your tinfoil has him being culted after me.

I cannot select the target during the night, they must be an available target for me during the day unless there was only one available target at the end of the day.

Neon claimed to have shot him with her main shot last night. though? Unless they're both scum.
I am not sure if Neons role is intended to kill her target because the first person she actively targeted was fexts corpse. So Its possible that her target isn't intended to die

It is very, very unlikely DW is culted.
Agreed, which is why I prefaced it as a tinfoil.

It's mechanical info from what my own role does. His role does in fact involve being modkilled, however this may or may not apply to getting modkilled from breaking the rules?
That said, I have since been suggested in one of my OC chats that KoD did not intentionally outright lie and that he instead made a complete misinterpretation of his role and omitted its main effect. There appears to be nothing in his actual role text suggesting he would be immune to modkills from breaking the rules and I do not understand the leaps in logic necessary to get to that assumption. So I think more likely the modkill was intentional thinking it would let him use his role. My info from the same OC suggests it did not actually allow him to do so and we would most likely be aware if he had used it.

I cannot select the target during the night, they must be an available target for me during the day unless there was only one available target at the end of the day.
I don't think any of the rest of us had to do logic flips to get there since we were just speculating without knowing the specifics of KoD's role to begin with and without that knowledge it's going to continue to be speculation. Building off of what you seem to be presenting here, KoD's role operates on him getting modkilled but still presents as misunderstanding between subrules and OP hard sets, so I don't see a logic jump there either, again prefaced as supposition since I don't know the specifics of his role.

Given you were allowed to target Fext D1, I see no reason to rule out you being capable of targeting a likely lynch candidate on the caveat that if they aren't successfully lynched you just miss out on ability use that day. This is just wild role speculation and unrelated to the tinfoil.

I wonder if Numbers can put certain rules on specific people and if they break them they're modkilled. Dunno if they would be aware of them in this case or not. Like he could have to guess that someone might do something specific and if they do they get modkilled.
Hypothetically speaking there would be a post announcing new rules at the start of day with big bright colored letters and bold fonts letting people know of said rules so they couldn't possibly get caught unaware so I'd speculate no.

Given you were allowed to target Fext D1, I see no reason to rule out you being capable of targeting a likely lynch candidate on the caveat that if they aren't successfully lynched you just miss out on ability use that day. This is just wild role speculation and unrelated to the tinfoil.
I got to target Fext because Rag decided I could like halfway through the night. I did not at any point select Fext as a target, the host just automatically had me target him because he was my only option and targetting him didn't force me to do anything beyong that.

I don't think any of the rest of us had to do logic flips to get there since we were just speculating without knowing the specifics of KoD's role to begin with and without that knowledge it's going to continue to be speculation. Building off of what you seem to be presenting here, KoD's role operates on him getting modkilled but still presents as misunderstanding between subrules and OP hard sets, so I don't see a logic jump there either, again prefaced as supposition since I don't know the specifics of his role.
What I mean is I do not understand the leaps in logic necessary for KoD to come to such a conclusion that he completely ignore the rules without consequence. I have no idea how he would get there. There's nothing implying he can't be modkilled for breaking the rules, and frankly my assumption with that role would be that getting modkilled for breaking the rules just activates the role.

a'lana

cotton candy
But Fext did die again n1.
nvm im dumb

and also Storm said he did get shot. @Neon do you know which of me and Minish is collateral damage and which one was the mafia kill? libk is collateral damage i think. I reread and when minish and storm both said they were shot multiple times it could have meant that Neon shoots her targets multiple times and storm has infinite lives which is why Minish died despite having multiple lives? although neon also said she only shot people once... which doesnt add up if two people claim having been shot multiple times.

saving up posts

Btw i dont think trying to lynch storm will do anything

@Capsfan a few questions. what made you decide to target DW over CL N1 and do you have any more info on the living players?

re who would be converted Fext DW would be ruled out for being dead at the time and DW was protected D1. The replacement slots seem unlikely to be targeted for cult. Minish said she can't be culted so CL would be unlikely to risk targeting her even if lying. Numbers said something D1 about lyncher-like roles being uncultable so maybe he said that from perspective of reading his own role PM? so then the converted person would be in the alive players... what if cult was Lunch Neon and someone else but Lunch and Neon were afk and couldn't quickhammer in time? but then if all dead players are clear from being culted in a way then maybe scum is still just in the living players regardless of whether or not a conversion took place.

a'lana

cotton candy
I got to target Fext because Rag decided I could like halfway through the night. I did not at any point select Fext as a target, the host just automatically had me target him because he was my only option and targetting him didn't force me to do anything beyong that.

What I mean is I do not understand the leaps in logic necessary for KoD to come to such a conclusion that he completely ignore the rules without consequence. I have no idea how he would get there. There's nothing implying he can't be modkilled for breaking the rules, and frankly my assumption with that role would be that getting modkilled for breaking the rules just activates the role.
so there would be some benefit for him to get modkilled?

also did you self target with fext's role on N1 and then targeted Exlight?

also did you self target with fext's role on N1 and then targeted Exlight?
Answering this would likely be considered hardclaiming. I did say what I did night one in the dead chat though, so you can go look.

so there would be some benefit for him to get modkilled?
Yes, though maybe only from modkills not from breaking the rules?

Numbers said something D1 about lyncher-like roles being uncultable so maybe he said that from perspective of reading his own role PM?
No, I was speaking more of using a lyncher as an anti cult agency. Either by making the cult as a whole the lyncher target or the leader specifically without mentioning cult and making the lyncher secretly uncultable so nothing can swerve them from their course.

A much more workable ruling out for me (under the basis you're disregarding flips since it seems you are) is the interactions d2. Both CL and I pushed to create this atmosphere where one of us was almost guaranteed going over that day, which makes no sense as a bus because neither would have come out of it looking remotely townie. And then I was dead N2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom