• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Rag's CHAOS MAFIA √−i by Ragnarokio (NOT BY STORM) [GAME THREAD]

ok, the last time he gaslit you, was he town or scum? becuase i feel like KoD is the kinda player who might say something that comes across as gaslighting regardless of alignment.

like i said, based on Numbers' description about what Rag Cult is, it seems more like a restriction than a conversion, as it can be given to players of any alignment - so I assume they would still win with their original faction (and thus flip their original alignment), they are just bound by the restriction.

I thought it had something to do with the new forum not necessarily whether he was scum or not.
Your right about Rag cult, it's just something they agree too usually, like pinky promises and crap to make the game play different. Him asking people to vote is sus, distraction tactic

When I said it was a social contract and not an alignment I meant that literally. Often it's not part of the game design it's used in.

Here's a game in which Zinger suggests it early in day 1.

Rag also talks extensively about rag cult in that game (io) so that was a lucky first pick from Google. Probably because it's mentioned so much.
ohhhh i see now, this makes sense.

do you think rag may have incorporated rag cult rules into a cultlike role in this game?

regardless of whether or not rag cult exists, i want to know what other chat DW was in

ohhhh i see now, this makes sense.

do you think rag may have incorporated rag cult rules into a cultlike role in this game?

regardless of whether or not rag cult exists, i want to know what other chat DW was in

That was the idea that popped when CL mentioned rag cult out of the blue and why I considered it a possible slip. I asked for the vote because that was the quickest and easiest way to check on that possibility. If they couldn't physically vote for each other or if there was a penalty associated with it we would get either confirmation or them trying to weasel out of doing it. But given Ex was willing to oblige and Rag was kind enough to confirm it was a valid vote I'm satisfied tabling that notion for now.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
rag answered my question and the answer makes me sad :(

i fundamentally disagree with this

First of all, KoD was in his poe and Fext was not.

second of all, had he voted in his PoE (for KoD), it would have made the votes 4:3 Fext:KoD, which a) makes things a lot more interesting and b) probably would have affected my vote and potentially others as well (tbh i probably would have voted for fext as KoD got better for me throughout the day, so maybe that makes this argument less strong from your PoV but i dont care)

not doing this made the votes 5:2, which essentially in my opinion sealed the elim onto fext, because the other voters were never going to switch off of him as they were all largely townreading him (MAYBE Neon MIGHT have switched as she wasn’t sold
from my understanding?? idk)

CaptainLunch has yet to clarify this despite me bringing it up multiple times and instead has simply just OMGUSsed onto me with no reasoning besides “scum normally act like this” which leads me to believe he’s probably just scum.

If CL votes KoD there, yeah it makes it closer but it also means that it's a higher chance of a tie, which kills multiple random people. Which I feel like people aren't putting as much weight on as they should, because keeping things away from a tie this game is good. But also, CL voted with plenty of time left in the day iirc, so others could have still switched. He also said he voted Fext for inactivity, which aligns with his asking earlier in the day thoughts about lynching inactives. You were already on KoD when he voted so even if he had voted there, it's not likely KoD would have gained too much traction with the game state.

Also, Neon said a bit after CL's vote that she would like an opposing wagon. Yet she was on Fext and could have moved her vote to make one but she didn't, which I just realized after going back to look. And makes Neon look a bit worse of the group.

And Numbers is correct that this is from my PoV, knowing that I'm town so that also skews things a bit from how others might see it. Though I still think it's mostly the same, besides me being a potential scum wagon to save from other PoVs.

Also, why would I admit to targeting DW if I'm cult? I didn't have to out that information because there was absolutely no need to. I have no clue what kind of roles are in this game, so if Numbers is correct about the Rag cult aspect, there could be something like a cult cop. And admitting to targeting DW if there is a role like that, that also targeted him would be dumb if I'm cult. I do have possible info that might be useful but I'm waiting on Rag's answer to a question.

I didn't want to say cause it's rude but oh well I said it. About the thing where I said lumped KoD, DW and Capsfan together, I was basically saying hey there's a connection, I wasn't necessarily scum reading them. I policy lynched fext, because I hate mafia. Was he even a good player.

just so we're all aware here is what i consider to be the main snippet of Lunch's progression-to-vote on day 1

What's everyone's opinion on lurker lynching?

asks open-ended question to the game about lurker lynching

I dont like any of the wagons. The reasons kinda looked artificial, which as I said could be either scum or neighbor driven. Just the possibility of neighborhoods makes it hard to make connections, but makes sense for "chaos" with a cult in the mix.

says he doesn't like any of the wagons, tough to make connections (which by the way, you really can't look for connections until flips tbh so it's not like this is really meaningful scumhunting/reading)

note the wagons at this point are:
Minish - 2 (Squid, Storm)
Fext - 2 (DW, Neon)
kOd - 2 (Caps, Exlight)
Exlight- 1 (Fext)
Dawning Winds - 1 (KoD)

I agree kod is off. My take is to sus out between you, him and Dawningwind.

oh what's that? you think KoD is off but don't like any of the wagons? DawningWinds is also a wagon as well? confusion. i have already made this point

furthermore this reads like "I have a suspicion that at least one of DawningWinds, KoD, and Caps might be mafia," not "there are some connections, either town or mafia, between players in this list"

It doesn't surprise me that you would claim "irony and inconsistency" When you are the one who asked me, "what specifically makes me think masons are in the game." The irony and inconsistency is going from saying, "I think pointing out a specific examples would be the wrong play", to naming You, KoD, and DW in a PoE where I suspect possible connections. Not shifting focus from Exlight, which I you seem to think. To set the record straight, I didn't "disappear halfway through the day", but actually Exlight didn't answer my question about wanted to be unloved, so I moved on, not wanting to press the issue. So, I consider it a scummy to shade me for leaving the matter as is.
As for reasoning for scum reading you and KoD, maybe we have a miscommunication? KoD is voting DW for hard defend Caps (You)? So, by his take, You two are scum? and KoD is town... or vice versa. Or likely its more complicated than that, and players are distancing. And your worried that any heat could force a bus or a late wagon jump. Which could be the reason for the shade I'm feeling.

lunch does clarify a bit here about what he means with the possible connections, but nowhere in here does he say he isn't scumreading us, in fact he does clarify that he is still scumreading both me and KoD

he is nothing if not consistent today with scumreading me based off a possible connection with KoD, I will give him that. but it is not clear.

regardless i think this post solidifies that he is scumreading both myself and kod.

I dont have the meta knowledge to know what happened is my conclusion. DW was trying to deescalate when KoD voted him. Is that in DWs range, Idk. I do know that's typical **** for kod to pull when he senses weakness.

further sus on KoD

VOTE: Fext

policy lynch due to inactivity.

Multiple inactives likely to miss end of day, plus people claiming bedtimes means no chance for an exciting EoD swings. So sad

then after sussing KoD pretty hard in comparison to his overall content, with the chance to make an "exciting EoD swing" he instead votes for Fext out of policy :wowee:

so this defense that he's "not necessarily scumreading myself, Dawning, KoD" is at best a lie tbh

If CL votes KoD there, yeah it makes it closer but it also means that it's a higher chance of a tie, which kills multiple random people. Which I feel like people aren't putting as much weight on as they should, because keeping things away from a tie this game is good. But also, CL voted with plenty of time left in the day iirc, so others could have still switched. He also said he voted Fext for inactivity, which aligns with his asking earlier in the day thoughts about lynching inactives. You were already on KoD when he voted so even if he had voted there, it's not likely KoD would have gained too much traction with the game state.

Also, Neon said a bit after CL's vote that she would like an opposing wagon. Yet she was on Fext and could have moved her vote to make one but she didn't, which I just realized after going back to look. And makes Neon look a bit worse of the group.

And Numbers is correct that this is from my PoV, knowing that I'm town so that also skews things a bit from how others might see it. Though I still think it's mostly the same, besides me being a potential scum wagon to save from other PoVs.

Also, why would I admit to targeting DW if I'm cult? I didn't have to out that information because there was absolutely no need to. I have no clue what kind of roles are in this game, so if Numbers is correct about the Rag cult aspect, there could be something like a cult cop. And admitting to targeting DW if there is a role like that, that also targeted him would be dumb if I'm cult. I do have possible info that might be useful but I'm waiting on Rag's answer to a question.

see, I understand that, but that all goes out the window when you look at the flips. sure there is a little precedent to him voting an inactive from him asking his question about lurker lynching but he was literally scumreading KoD and chose policy over that. he actively made the choice to vote a player that we now know to be town over a player that we now know to be scum, for a weak reason, and when there was still the possibility of changes, as you say

Agreed with the point on Neon - that is a good one and I should probably be putting more suspicion on her, especially because she was also scumreading KoD a bit, wasn't she?

Touché on the last point, it would indeed be dumb as cult to do if you knew ahead of time there was a cult cop or something similar, but it's also wifomy especially considering the timing of your claim that you targeted DW.

a'lana

cotton candy
I didn't want to say cause it's rude but oh well I said it. About the thing where I said lumped KoD, DW and Capsfan together, I was basically saying hey there's a connection, I wasn't necessarily scum reading them. I policy lynched fext, because I hate mafia. Was he even a good player.
ok

a'lana

cotton candy

i mean i would have been fine with captain lunch's reasoning for voting fext over kod there for not wanting a tie but he never gave that kind of reasoning and is instead like 'ok lets policy lynch a lurker' ignoring the fact that he had two actual suspects

Princess Abigail

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

I was never gonna move my vote I was convinced Fext was scum.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
shut up Ex, if i'm understanding Numbers' description of rag cult correctly it appears that it can exist regardless of alignment and acts as a restriction rather than an alignment.
no, you sit down and chill the **** out

this is something outta a conspiracy book he simply dropped and has been sucking town's time that should've been used to scumhunt

He has literally no evidence about something like this being in the game and is just randomly throwing this around to justify extremely nonsensical actions like voting someone that was town confirmed

the only people benefitting from this waste of a time of a pseudo discussion is real cult which we do have evidence is a thing, and mafia, because this is buying them time to stay under the radar to perform actions

no, you sit down and chill the **** out

this is something outta a conspiracy book he simply dropped and has been sucking town's time that should've been used to scumhunt

He has literally no evidence about something like this being in the game and is just randomly throwing this around to justify extremely nonsensical actions like voting someone that was town confirmed

the only people benefitting from this waste of a time of a pseudo discussion is real cult which we do have evidence is a thing, and mafia, because this is buying them time to stay under the radar to perform actions
ok

did you read anything else i said and can you please not vote me anymore, thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom