• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Rag's CHAOS MAFIA √−i by Ragnarokio (NOT BY STORM) [GAME THREAD]

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
cynical squid is subbing out and until i can find a replacement for him he'll be replaced by a robot that will vote a random target that makes sense given the gamestate at the start of each day and will use their abilities (if they have any) likewise. he's still a legal target for votes and actions and such. Any request for clarification on this point should be made via DM unless you're fine using your night posts for it.

Networkerer
I think a couple people have mentioned thinking this is a Neighborizer, but I feel like the second -er might indicate something? Maybe it like turns other people into Neighborizers?

Vote: Libk

For not voting. (:
This. Feels really weird. I'm not sure what it indicates, but throwing your vote on someone for not voting at the last minute while having not voted yourself is just weird and hypocritical. And it seems really flipping odd to go after a person just because they hadn't voted when you've been pushing two strong scumreads makes just no sense.

Seconding Ex's take that CL voting on an essentially already dead town wagon is townie. The reasoning's weird but there's no reason for scum to jump on like that. Also agree that there's probably scum somewhere on the wagon, I've been scumreading a'lana most out of Neon/a'lana/Minish so far but I don't say this with a ton of certainty, I'd want to go back over them.

Eh? I find it questionable that you were because you seem to be teetering between chasing people for scummy behavior and creating a solid town base to go PoE style with as an alternative without much commitment to either direction. Having one foot in let's you say "hey look I'm doing the thing" but without the follow through it's just...eh?
I don't understand how this approach is contradictory? It's not weird to look for both townie people and scummy people, it's not an either-or thing.

This. Feels really weird. I'm not sure what it indicates, but throwing your vote on someone for not voting at the last minute while having not voted yourself is just weird and hypocritical. And it seems really flipping odd to go after a person just because they hadn't voted when you've been pushing two strong scumreads makes just no sense.

Seconding Ex's take that CL voting on an essentially already dead town wagon is townie. The reasoning's weird but there's no reason for scum to jump on like that. Also agree that there's probably scum somewhere on the wagon, I've been scumreading a'lana most out of Neon/a'lana/Minish so far but I don't say this with a ton of certainty, I'd want to go back over them.

I don't understand how this approach is contradictory? It's not weird to look for both townie people and scummy people, it's not an either-or thing.
It's supposed to feel really weird. That's the joke.

I guess we do have to go throw the song and dance number for your sake at least. The reason scum jump there is to cement a non shared alignment lynch. "But they're gonna look scummy so they wouldn't do that". I'm not gonna pop culture this one so it's plain as day. The argument is WIFOM. Scum in that situation says jumping on the wagon will make me look sus but if I jump on the wagon I can argue that very fact and present by that virtue I am not sus therefore I CAN jump on that wagon no prob. If you consider the possibility that Minish and CL are scum together the move jumps up even more, as without CL Min is exposed to a one person swing tying the wagons. That extra padding allows for at least one person to back off Fext while keeping Fext in the lead. Compound that by cult being a threat to other scum factions and you get plenty of reasons why scum jumps there with only the flimsy WIFOM excuse to not scrutinize the vote.

I didn't say it was contradictory, I said it was half hearted in both directions. CWAC.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
I.
Somebody said:
something about tea
I am also from the south and enjoy a sweet tea as well, but i am curently enjoying an Arizona Green Tea.
Neon said:
What is everyone's Favorite Ice Cream Flavor?
Blue Bell has this flavor Called Moo-Lenium Two-Step. it's Cookies and Cream mixed with Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough

Forgive my absense last phase, but as I said, Things came up.

My Vote on Minish is Genuine based on Meta and Meta Alone. It's a bad case on my part but you can never be too sure. in an alternate Timeline I would probably do one on Whatever Mathias Wants To Call Themself This Week. or Exlight.

I know you guys want THE LIST, but it's gonna have to wait until next phase. I am currently trying to ISO Caps and Lunch

OPINIONS ON THE CULT DYNAMIC AND THE GAME OVERALL
The cult could be Pyrrhic in it's intent. it could be very much malignant and the antagonistic force. But This is also Rag's Chaos Mafia. there could be 12 Scum in 4 different factions and 1 guy that decides who gets the Night Kill. there could be a guy that if he's Killed Resets the game at the cost of his own Death. there could be a Fruit Vendor that only gives Grenades. There could be a Role Switcher besides The Cult. There could be a Pumpkin that shoots lasers out of it's Ass. There's no telling. I'm sure if there are any Storm Chaos Mafia Role Staples in here, they are well guarded. if anyone gets a drink or is Drunk normally, keep it to yourself.

Now I will Answer the Next Five (5) questions Truthfully and without restraint.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
What's everyone's favorite ice cream

I dunno if I have an absolute favorite because I like switching it up. But if I had to choose one, maybe the S'mores ice cream from Graeter's. Which seems to only be a brand in like Kentucky, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, and Pennsylvania. They use this French Pot method to make small batches, so they're higher quality. And the chocolate chunks in it are sooooo damn good.

Now I will Answer the Next Five (5) questions Truthfully and without restraint.

If you could only keep 3 people alive in this game besides yourself, who would they be?

Also, I don't feel like going back and quoting all of it, but @15377 and @TheCapsFan, it seems a bit weird to say you needed Numbers to clean up your mess and Numbers willingly did so. If it were a sound line of questioning/suspicion it shouldn't be a mess in the first place right? The tag team there felt weird to me.

As to the whole being weird saying there might only be a cult and Numbers saying that it keeps people focused on cult and not mafia...that would have maybe been a valid criticism if we had gone into D2 with one kill and I tried to push that it wasn't a Mafia kill. But it would be dumb to do so. I doubt we have an SK in a game with cult and (likely) mafia. And big is possible but vig shots are usually a lot more noticeable and just one kill would not automatically make me think vig and no mafia. Also, cult is kinda important to get out as well so if people are searching for them over mafia it's not the biggest deal. As long as they are still searching for both.

And the whole "trying to make a town poe, and trying to push some scummy suspicions but not committing to either" that's just blatantly untrue. Lmao. How have I only half heartedly committed to a town poe when I literally mentioned that I town read a lot of people so that's what brought about the "maybe there's only cult" theory? I stuck to my town core of those I didn't want to lynch yesterday. And I brought up my suspicions on what I thought was scummy. Even if I later changed them based on new information (such as with KoD). I also said early on I felt Ex was town or 3rd party, and still stated what I found suspicious about him.

It's not lost on me that you feel exactly like you did last game with pushing me like this. Lol.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
@Minish, a person's ability to convey their thoughts properly at any given time does not have a correlation to the soundness of said thoughts. I understood what Caps was getting at, I conveyed his thoughts better than he was in that moment. As supposed town that is afraid of mislynches I would figure you'd appreciate a clear flow of thoughts and ideals more than anybody, least somebody get mislynched for a misunderstanding.

As I discussed before framing the Mafia kill as a vig shot paints the picture of vig over scum. And it's easy enough to do with cult fear in the mix. Further a second kill is neglible because, as you say, it's not likely we have a Mafia, SK, and a cult. But if the main antagonist is cult and there's a second kill, then it's a short hop to the notion that there still isn't a Mafia but we gotta watch out for that pesky SK.

This might be disconnect on which pile is being referred to as PoE. Simply put you created an elimination stack and then proceed to state why you didn't really want to lynch them as you slowly dragged your feet towards voting one of the people that you sussed despite him being one of said people you specifically talked about not really wanting to lynch. If you don't see why that's half hearted then you'll never see it.

Ah yes I remember when I meta cased you last game and you casually ignored it too. **** maybe I am scum.

@Storm I can't think of a really compelling question so how about you answer the question you most want somebody to ask you instead?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom