• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Rag's CHAOS MAFIA √−i by Ragnarokio (NOT BY STORM) [GAME THREAD]

My thought was that there might be some d0 actions, but I dunno how common that is on NGA or for Rag.

Why would I self pres on Ex who I didn't want to lynch? When that would also make the votes 3 v 3 v 2, which still means just one vote puts me back in contention, and also allows for a potential tie which ends in random people being killed? The self pres was to assure a lynch and to keep people from being able to jump on my wagon while I was asleep. The fact that the wagons were so shallow at the time and I had two nonsense votes meant that scum could make some justification to scum read me and get a lynch on me if they wanted.
Considering the other wagon was KoD I dunno why'd you self pres on Ex. KoD, however, was somebody you had been previously susing. And was a contentious character in his own right. This would have also created the competing wagons that are supposedly good for town and likely would have fractured remaining/switching votes between the two tied wagons rather than you who there was no case on since your votes were MIA rvs holdovers.

Now you'll say but "But I was suspicious of Fext most because lmao cult leader!" To which I'll reply that you were suspicious that was the case and thought a'lana was a N0 target for Fext yet a'lana was at the higher end of your non town reads despite this narrative. So sounds to me more like you're just damage controlling being on a town wagon to me.

a'lana

cotton candy
It is. I'd be more likely to believe that a'lana didn't know since networkers don't usually start out with a partner though and the length of time the network is around is variable, speaking from NGA experience.

@ExLight is it really self pres though if the wagon you jump on is already in the lead, your wagon consists of votes that generally aren't taken seriously, and there's another wagon you could vote on to ensure there's two wagons above you if you're just out to save yourself? Also I like how you call CL's vote townie because it flipped a town role while not adding much to the game. You guys are so rag cult.
i think the vote was more to avoid a tie. Would Minish have voted another CW especially if said person was KoD it would have actually been closer to a tie, voting KoD would actually have tied it (until Captainlunch voted)

a'lana

cotton candy
also I think I know Exlight's thought progress on why Captain's vote was townie (if captain is scum he would have TMI that fext flips town, he might as well not vote instead of looking bad by being on wagon)

however I was actually going to say that out of the votes captain's vote looked the most questionable to me simply because he put fext in the same category as a lurker

im going to try not to go through my 13 posts too soon

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Considering the other wagon was KoD I dunno why'd you self pres on Ex. KoD, however, was somebody you had been previously susing. And was a contentious character in his own right. This would have also created the competing wagons that are supposedly good for town and likely would have fractured remaining/switching votes between the two tied wagons rather than you who there was no case on since your votes were MIA rvs holdovers.

Now you'll say but "But I was suspicious of Fext most because lmao cult leader!" To which I'll reply that you were suspicious that was the case and thought a'lana was a N0 target for Fext yet a'lana was at the higher end of your non town reads despite this narrative. So sounds to me more like you're just damage controlling being on a town wagon to me.

Because I read the wagons wrong just now when I went back and looked. Lmao. But even then, you must have missed me changing my read on KoD to a town lean before that. My suspicion on him before was rather weak and I admitted as such, and when he posted with an substantial post it felt more like town KoD so I changed that. Whereas Fext hadn't done anything to look townie to me yet. Also, that still creates as 3 v 3 v 2 scenario, which is what I was also trying to avoid. One vote on me makes it a 3 way tie, and if people come in close to eod and start switching votes it's harder to keep up with the count making it more likely that someone switches to prevent a tie, someone else does the same, and we still end up with a tie. Which kills more than just 1 person.

I didn't absolutely think Fext was cult leader but I thought it was a possibility. I also thought it was a possibility he was just in a neighborhood with Alana, which would mean he could be any alignment, and Alana went from somewhat defending him to voting him so in a world where they're neighbors then she had reason to suspect him from their OC. This was a theory and nothing I believed 100%, but in the chance that it was true it made Fext look sus. Alana was nowhere in my reads besides null really, so I dunno where you get that she was in the higher end of my non-town reads. Unless you mean with the idea that Fext was cult leader who targeted her n0. In which case, I still vote Fext there? My decisions make sense, and your spin of them doesn't.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
@ExLight is it really self pres though if the wagon you jump on is already in the lead, your wagon consists of votes that generally aren't taken seriously, and there's another wagon you could vote on to ensure there's two wagons above you if you're just out to save yourself?
Yea. Doesn't matter if the votes on her are jokes, votes are votes. If she wanted to increase the gap between hers and the Fext one it makes sense for her to vote the leading one.

It's not the towniest thing to do but it's still fairly NAI to me in this context. Specially from Minish, iirc she hates being lynched regardless of her alignment so she'll self preserve regardless.

Also I like how you call CL's vote townie because it flipped a town role while not adding much to the game. You guys are so rag cult.
Alana explained it p well.
If Cap Lunch was mafia him jumping last second at the Fext wagon would make him look fairly bad at first, which is undesired for mafia.
I think it would've been a lot scummier if he added a last second vote that did nothing to a mafia lynch, because that would be purely for towncred. In the other way around he just got himself mafiacred which is just... not something mafia would do...? DOES THAT MAKE SENSE

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
where ive defended fext?

You seemed to be the one most vocal about not thinking Fext was cult leader. Which was why I said somewhat defending him. You said that you thought his suspicions of Ex made him look less likely to be cult leader, but I thought it seemed more likely. Seeing as cult leader would want someone who brought about their existence and who is hard pushing for them to be taken care of, to be lynched. Since it takes away a loud threat to them. Also the pushing the mafia over cult narrative seemed to be trying to move focus away from the cult.

tbh neighborizer dying actually kinda helps me out a bit, not too salty about it plus neighbor chats can get confusing

obvs sad town died but kinda the best possible outcome for me

wallpost time to conserve night posts

JD
alana
Cin Min
Caps
Ex
Neon
CL
Fext
Dawning

can you explain why I moved up from your sus list to upper middle?

It doesn't surprise me that you would claim "irony and inconsistency" When you are the one who asked me, "what specifically makes me think masons are in the game." The irony and inconsistency is going from saying, "I think pointing out a specific examples would be the wrong play", to naming You, KoD, and DW in a PoE where I suspect possible connections. Not shifting focus from Exlight, which I you seem to think. To set the record straight, I didn't "disappear halfway through the day", but actually Exlight didn't answer my question about wanted to be unloved, so I moved on, not wanting to press the issue. So, I consider it a scummy to shade me for leaving the matter as is.
As for reasoning for scum reading you and KoD, maybe we have a miscommunication? KoD is voting DW for hard defend Caps (You)? So, by his take, You two are scum? and KoD is town... or vice versa. Or likely its more complicated than that, and players are distancing. And your worried that any heat could force a bus or a late wagon jump. Which could be the reason for the shade I'm feeling.

ok i will say this straight up: dawning and I aren't masons, nor are we scum partners, i have no clue why dawning decided to defend me yesterday against KoD when I didn't need it. i sort of see where you're coming from with the mason thing on a reread

i don't understand why you're shading me for calling you out on something you never followed up on, your shade on Ex was the second notable thing you had done all day up to that point outside of initially scumreading cynicalsquid. you did later elaborate some on some more reads you had wrt myself, kod, dawning, and then asking about the lurkers, but you never followed up on your exlight shade. how is it scummy to want more clarification?

i didn't vote you yesterday because skimming this post before i voted made me think you might actually be mason for some reason, but i can't remember why I thought that

like wild-mass guess maybe its libk and the love stuff has to do with conversion no i dont have actual evidence that this is the case nor do i really think this i just randomly started connecting dots

this is an interesting thought, kinda seems a little too obvious to me but def worth considering

CL wants to be culted confirmed.
mindmeld

That's a fiesty neighborhood. And maybe quite telling. Are you capable of voting Ex right now CL?
more irony in CL talking about how ex wasn't answering his question about being unloved and then he just ignores this one lol

Looking at the list of players I've realized that I townlean a lot of them and don't really have any decent scum reads. Which had me wondering if maybe there is no mafia this game and cult is the only threat. I could see Rag possibly doing that. And I also thought in that case that it's possible the cult leader could have had a d0 conversion as backup incase they died d1. Though that I'm less sure on if Rag would possibly do or not.
reading this thought put a bad taste in my mouth

i guess i should be ready for anything in this game but man that did not feel good to read coming from you minish

VOTE: Fext

policy lynch due to inactivity.

Multiple inactives likely to miss end of day, plus people claiming bedtimes means no chance for an exciting EoD swings. So sad

Policy lynch reasoning makes me believe that you're okay with this lynch regardless of alignment, but it's interesting to me that you didn't try to push a KoD or Dawning counterwagon given that they were both options and both in your poe of "potential connections" from earlier. Like, you could have pushed KoD to a 4v3 situation but you actively chose not to, or voted dawning to at least make things a bit more interesting, which it seems you prefer at eod anyway.

People can argue "yeah CL voted throwaway on a miselim which he wouldn't do as scum with TMI" but i still find this vote sus because he decided to go with the inactivity policy route against a player who was probably going to die anyway instead of voting for one of his scumreads

like I would be probably reading CL townier rn if he had voted for KoD instead of Fext because why would scum push for a counterwagon when meat is already on the menu? but instead this vote kinda sealed fext's death, to me anyway

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
reading this thought put a bad taste in my mouth

i guess i should be ready for anything in this game but man that did not feel good to read coming from you minish

How so? I'm still going to scum hunt. I'm just throwing thoughts out there as possibilities, in case I die and there's a possibility that that's the case but no one else says so. I think it would be weirder for mafia to say that they're townreading most people, since mafia actively wants to make others look bad to get mislynches.

@capsfan
"more irony in CL talking about how ex wasn't answering his question about being unloved and then he just ignores this one lol"

I read that and thought he was breadcrumbing something, but didn't know what the hell he was talking about at first, I just did realize what he meant this morning about the Rag cult rules. Because its retorical at face value, obviously I was capable of voting Ex, or that's what I would claim. Then the matter of proving I can vote, which would force my vote right before deadline unless I got a vote count just for me. So basically I had to say something clever, but I didn't know wtf he was talking about at the time.

Princess Abigail

Resident Juice Sipping Icon
JFC I check this thread 20 times during the night and nothing

Now there's like 20 posts

I think talking about game related stuff at night is bad. If your out of NK territory but you start to play your hand at night you could become the NK which is harmful to town because the dead are often easily forgotten

So I'm just gonna sit here and talk about random ****.

What's everyone's favorite ice cream

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom