• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Rag's CHAOS MAFIA √−i by Ragnarokio (NOT BY STORM) [GAME THREAD]

hmmm I'm seeing that KoD seemed to have an argument with capsfan in that game.

its notable that in last game me and DW had an argument with KoD and are now the two people calling him *less* argumentative than in storm's game here while Capsfan calls him 'less argumentative compared to fire emblem in storm's game' maybe this all depends on people's individual perception from actually being in an argument with KoD if that makes any sense
I've had an argument with KoD every game I've played with him (except BotWolf where we were mechanically prevented from ever directly interacting). In Dark Souls (where he was town) he was a lot less keen on starting the argument until pressed though, and I kinda get the same vibe here so that feels more in his favor as well. Plus I don't think he came out of the argument in Chaos trying to vote me like he did in the other two games I was in with him where he was town. It's still not super strong but I do feel like my experiences with KoD still point to him being town here.

a'lana

cotton candy
tbh if someone 180s their reads im in fact going to assume they have been culted by the people they had been scumreading before that

you mean that inactive people can have excuses to change their reads to favor cult if they get culted?

yes changed my mind on capsfan kind of think hes just town atp
What brought this change?

Also people saying Lunch is weird for not liking any of the wagons. I don't think disliking the reasoning other people are using for wagons is mutually exclusive with scumreading the people being pushed, so I wouldn't really consider that self-contradictory. I do think seeing his reasoning for considering voting Caps and KoD would be good though.

tbh if someone 180s their reads im in fact going to assume they have been culted by the people they had been scumreading before that

you mean that inactive people can have excuses to change their reads to favor cult if they get culted?

Yeah basically, but they won't need an "excuse" to change there read if they didn't post any reads the day before.

I don't feel like cult being lurker is super likely unless cult is someone who's always lurker. I've seen a lot of people say that as hostile indep they find the best way to handle it is to just scumhunt as they would as town, and I think this is probably especially good for cult as identifying scum allows them to avoid wasting a night trying to convert them.

a'lana

cotton candy
What brought this change?

Also people saying Lunch is weird for not liking any of the wagons. I don't think disliking the reasoning other people are using for wagons is mutually exclusive with scumreading the people being pushed, so I wouldn't really consider that self-contradictory. I do think seeing his reasoning for considering voting Caps and KoD would be good though.

my initial scumread on him for his early reads was very weak and I've been liking his effort ever since. I dont have a lot of concrete reasoning

Dawning be scum before as far as I am aware (in all of -- what -- two games I've played with him?). So rather than a scum/scum outlook I'm more apt to see a scum/town dichotomy wherein I definitely see Dawning being scum for the play (thus my vote) as opposed to Caps.
DW was scum in BotWolf where they spent the whole time they were alive trying to murder a person they believed to be a scumbuddy they shared a wincon with.

@DW
I think your not understanding. Some people may be playing with the aim to get culted. Knowing Rag this is extremely likely.

a'lana

cotton candy
I don't feel like cult being lurker is super likely unless cult is someone who's always lurker. I've seen a lot of people say that as hostile indep they find the best way to handle it is to just scumhunt as they would as town, and I think this is probably especially good for cult as identifying scum allows them to avoid wasting a night trying to convert them.
yea i dont think lurking is cult indicative in itself but it could be possible for someone with a less active playstyle to rand it

like wild-mass guess maybe its libk and the love stuff has to do with conversion no i dont have actual evidence that this is the case nor do i really think this i just randomly started connecting dots

@DW
I think your not understanding. Some people may be playing with the aim to get culted. Knowing Rag this is extremely likely.
Like as their actual wincon? I don't know how Rag hosts but unless that's like something they've literally done before the only case I'd expect people to intentionally try and get culted in is if they believe the cult is likely to win, and either way my understanding is that cult's best interest is to cult the vocal, widely town-read people to help control the narrative around them? So to get culted the best move would be to be loud and towny.

Yeah for example they could be a survivor where they have a better chance winning as cult than on there own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom