• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Rag's CHAOS MAFIA √−i by Ragnarokio (NOT BY STORM) [GAME THREAD]

Ex said he actually town reads KoD and the vote is because he had a hard time reading him early on, but is paranoid that he could be scum playing good. Which isn't a great reason to vote someone d1 imo. Especially when Ex was wanting to get out the cult leader more than anything. He did say KoD has 3rd party energy so maybe he does think he's the cult. But still he said he thinks this is townier KoD, so I dunno.

oh okay, yeah reading back I see where he said that. agreed 100% with the bolded

a'lana

cotton candy
hmm i do know kod often busses so captain lunch's PoE of both DW and KoD and not questioning it despite KoD voting DW can actually be reconciled. Also even if disregarding the possibility of bussing idt this is is *that* inconsistent as he can simply have them as individually scummy.

him listing a PoE of people other than exlight still can possibly be him simply changing his mind on Exlight without giving reasoning.

the saying not to like wagons despite suspected both KoD and DW is weird af if true but haven't noticed that myself. This one is a good reason to suspect him. actually he can be in suspect tier along with fext, I admit i've not been paying a lot of attention to his consistency or lack thereof as i can barely tell some people apart, only thing that pinged me initially was him wanting to go after inactives despite being relatively inactive himself but saying he doesnt like wagons when two of them are his suspects is definitely a red flag

I feel like squid is someone who is usually defensive regardless of alignment, previous game he also got mislynched so would lycnh storm over him but its by a small margin, both are relatively inactive nulls but again they are not super inactive so not my main priority to lynch them for the sake of lynching inactives

I feel like numbers is way more engaged in game than when he was mafia in the last game where all of his posts were about tunneling minish over a philosophy clash, his post on KoD also reinforced my townread on numbers

a'lana

cotton candy
most to least suspicious

yes changed my mind on capsfan kind of think hes just town atp

this seems about right?
edited:

has actually pinged me
fext
captainlunch

not against lynching
storm
cynical

idfk but wouldnt lynch today:
Libk
Neon
Minish

not mafia by effort/gut feeling/vibe/etc
Capsfan
DW
ExLight

not mafia because different from scum meta
KoD
Numbers

this for the not liking wagons despite having two of them as suspects + also being the one to suggest lurker lynching when being one of the least active posters

rest is same

a'lana

cotton candy
yeah, we did get into a bit of a spat that game - i was trying to look objectively at KoD's aggro when reading back, which is why I made sure to clarify that KoD was a lot more aggro in chaos than I remember. objectively speaking the difference there IMO is in the way he voted, idk if you agree/disagree or found anything different.
ive only skimmed. i need to go away from home rn will only have phone access

JD will always be my waifu no matter what until the end of time. The man seriously gets me, and I absolutely love it.

Since you guys seem intent on meta from past games, I'd like to remind (some) of you that I absolutely have lurked through a game as town due to being busy (it was during Champs). Seems the only thing that truly gets remembered is how loud someone is. Sure enough it's definitely noticeable given two differing recollections of a previous game (Caps and Alana) or people that have gotten throwing hands with me (*Waves at Cin Min.* We're bound just like I am with Ex.). So you all have fun coming to terms/consensus over that.

Meanwhile, as I've said previously to CL's lurker thing, my view is more in line with Cin Min's in that it's an idea if no good consensus can be reached for a lynch (D1 will generate info based off interactions and the such so truly unless you have a stance like alana where most wagons don't vibe for you, then yeah lurker lynch away). I prefer DW today already for that white knighting he was doing of Caps earlier when I was honed in there. Like, of all the people talking negatively about Ex (well, viewing Ex as hostile as it were) I felt Caps was more inline with a "play it safe" scum approach as opposed to say Fext and JD. Once DW started defending Caps vehemently, that definitely brought to the front, "Would scum DW defend scum Caps like this?" The immediate answer I have is no: Granted I've seen a powerwolf do that sort of thing kind of (Cobalt with Dk in S9G1), but I haven't seen Dawning be scum before as far as I am aware (in all of -- what -- two games I've played with him?). So rather than a scum/scum outlook I'm more apt to see a scum/town dichotomy wherein I definitely see Dawning being scum for the play (thus my vote) as opposed to Caps.

Aside from that, I'd like to echo the sentiment brought forth with your pool of people, CL. Given my vote on Dawning, why exactly are you viewing the two of us as scum short of what alana described earlier (viewing us individually though why is the question)?

@ Neon:

I know what JD said, but I disagree with him as I've *seen* you play. My impression of you, at times, is just flopping around waving hands screaming tea as opposed to being productive when you're *not* producing content. Take for example your elaborated outlook on my meta when conversing with others about me. That's productive on your part in terms of getting something concrete (and that despite my not naming a tea for you). So, can you do that more? Or is having "lost the spark" such a thing that you can't even?

Because, and don't get me wrong, even though I may have disagreed with you viciously at times, you "played". That's worthy of any spark if you ask me.

Off the top of my head with a reads list, without any deep diving, it looks something like:

JD
alana
Cin Min
Caps
Ex
Neon
CL
Fext
Dawning

If someone isn't on the list, that's how memorable you are and are a straight idk. So in the middleish where Neon is.

If you're curious why JD Is at the top of my list, it's because he's my waifu. That's it. Yeah, I know he was extremely vocal about Ex being hostile (Ex has trended down for me a little given his approach to me), but I can reconcile that with JD gets a pass every time just because.

Funny enough, I have Fext that low on my list because of the vocal opinions on Ex. Serves as a baseline I suppose.

Despite positions on the list, if there is to be a D1 lynch I'd much prefer it be on Dawning for earlier stated reasons. I don't feel that my second choice of scummy (Fext) should be lynched solely on the whole Ex topic without more interactions (much like what was had with Caps/Dawning). I'd probably look strictly at a lurker/someone that wasn't memorable to me if I had to choose elsewhere outside of Dawning today.

the irony and inconsistency is definitely there with cpt lunch. most of his early stuff centers around ex being scummy, but about halfway through the day that disappears lol to a lynch poe of myself, kod, and dawningwinds, which is also interesting because kod is voting dawningwinds. it's also ironic because he called out Ex for not giving reasoning for his vote on KoD, but Lunch hasn't really given reasoning on...any of his reads so far outside of DW? also he claims he doesn't like the current wagons yet is considering voting for two of them. slight scum lean on the Captain right now. biggest question for @Captain_Lunch is what happened to your read on Ex, and can you give reasoning for scumreading myself and KoD?

It doesn't surprise me that you would claim "irony and inconsistency" When you are the one who asked me, "what specifically makes me think masons are in the game." The irony and inconsistency is going from saying, "I think pointing out a specific examples would be the wrong play", to naming You, KoD, and DW in a PoE where I suspect possible connections. Not shifting focus from Exlight, which I you seem to think. To set the record straight, I didn't "disappear halfway through the day", but actually Exlight didn't answer my question about wanted to be unloved, so I moved on, not wanting to press the issue. So, I consider it a scummy to shade me for leaving the matter as is.
As for reasoning for scum reading you and KoD, maybe we have a miscommunication? KoD is voting DW for hard defend Caps (You)? So, by his take, You two are scum? and KoD is town... or vice versa. Or likely its more complicated than that, and players are distancing. And your worried that any heat could force a bus or a late wagon jump. Which could be the reason for the shade I'm feeling.

I dont have the meta knowledge to know what happened is my conclusion. DW was trying to deescalate when KoD voted him. Is that in DWs range, Idk. I do know that's typical **** for kod to pull when he senses weakness.

a'lana

cotton candy
so i was right. Captain lunch in fact does know about KoD's bussing reputation so its not contrary to scumreading both him and DW despite KoD voting DW

I thought I quoted it but apparently I didn't and I don't want to go back and quote it. But regarding Ex's vote on KoD and then his subsequent explanation, it felt....weird. I'm currently town/3rd party reading Ex, but the KoD vote feels very unlike him. Maybe it's more in line with a 3rd party Ex, but I dunno. It's weird to d1 vote someone who feels town but may be scum playing good. Especially since I'm not getting KoD's towniness here either. I actually liked Ex's vote better before the explanation. Lmao. Because KoD kinda felt similar to Chaos Mafia when he was scum with me here. Though this doesn't mean a ton because I also missed reading part of that game, and KoD didn't talk in scum chat then so it's harder to tell what he was thinking during that time.
I think the "feels town but might be scum" was actually about Caps?

What's everyone's opinion on lurker lynching?
If I were to lurker lynch the only one I'd be on board with would probably be Squid because I actually feel like there's a non-lurker reason to scumread him. I do prefer not to lurker lynch D1 because I feel like it's kinda critical that the D1 lynch comes with more info than that?

oh I actually didnt realize libk and storm are actually less active than the host who is technically less active than Cynical

still, neither of them feels like a flaker as their posts are not unmemorable. libk seems to have a quirk and Storm is tunneling Minish
Really? I guess I can see how Libk's love thing would make you feel he's not a flaking, but Storm is definitely a flaker as far as I'm concerned, his weird Minish tunnel seemed super RVS and that's literally all he's done I believe.

i suppose it might be a good idea to give my opinions on the People I Consider Lurkers/Less Active/Less Memorable

that would be squid, fext, storm, libk, lunch to a lesser degree but i still consider them in the same pile
While Fext has been posting less lately, I would not call him a lurker? I feel like his weird Ex tunnel that was not RVS definitely stands out so I'd definitely say he's also not less memorable.

a'lana

cotton candy
I do have to admit if not for the love stuff Libk actually did not do anything

although its not like he didn't barely post last game

@DW
The reason for policy lynching lurkers is primarily to stymie the cult. Ideally you'd want to trap players into taking certain stances and if you let players slack then its just, "hey guys sorry I missed D1 what's new?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom