• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Rag's CHAOS MAFIA √−i by Ragnarokio (NOT BY STORM) [GAME THREAD]

Aye, cult is extremely easy to make benign, as the only reason their win con is opposing the other alignments is because the mod says it is. Take that away and you just have an alignment seeking a goal that may or may not be opposed to other factions depending on how you word their win cons. Town is super easy because theirs is just "eliminate the threats". Don't consider cult a town threat and bam they have compatible win cons. Mafia tends to be a little trickier if you go with a majority win con for both as only one can have majority but if you simply remove living from the qualifications of eithers majority they become doubley achievable as well. Or if you give Mafia a threats like win con as well you can create a Mafia that has to eliminate all town but could care less about cult. You can also simply change the cult win con to something neutral like a survivor win con. We do weird stuff you should know this by now.
i have never seen this **** happen anywhere in 7+ years of playing mafia so I'm going to take it with a grain of salt and move on

I've more experiences in NGA with cultable mafia than non-hostile cult so your reasoning here seems fairly nitpicked numbers

Not really considering when we do make Mafia cultable it's also designed to be able to withstand said culting. The extra care and consideration is taken to make sure the culted member can't just backstab the remaining Mafia because we are acutely aware of the problem and the solution most people take to avoid it.

@DW, there is really only one standard 3p win con that would be expressly anti cult, being the SK, but nothing about that role screams can't be culted. Which is why it would be unlikely to be uncultable.
That's completely possible. I thought she mentioned those type roles in her backing post to Ex's soft but I was speaking strictly from day old memory there so idk.

I've more experiences in NGA with cultable mafia than non-hostile cult so your reasoning here seems fairly nitpicked numbers
With a non-hostile cult I do think it's more likely that Mafia has to be uncultable because cult outing themselves is much less risky which means that one Mafia getting culted could easily just ends the game for scum. I don't agree that that makes you Mafia, but I definitely think that Numbers' reasoning does make some sense.

@DW, there is really only one standard 3p win con that would be expressly anti cult, being the SK, but nothing about that role screams can't be culted. Which is why it would be unlikely to be uncultable.
That's completely possible. I thought she mentioned those type roles in her backing post to Ex's soft but I was speaking strictly from day old memory there so idk.
I am not running on the assumption that ExLight is a standard 3p. This might not be a strong assumption, but it feels like something that could easily be the case.
No I mentioned it to CynicalSquid when they were wondering what roles would know of a cult.

I can sorta see where you're coming from with alana townlean, but why numbers? All they're really doing with that post is pointing out something the post you cited feels pretty obvious.

I think I misinterpreted what KoD's post was saying and what numbers was getting at in response to him. I thought numbers was trying to call him out for alluding that KoD might know extra information about Storm's role, when in reality KoD was just saying "it's not a claim" and Numbers was arguing against that.

overall my opinion of Numbers has decreased slightly given that they're claiming Ex and I are both "absolutely mafia" yet he is voting neither of us, I like to see people following up on their shade, otherwise it's just meaningless.

I think it's unlikely Ex is 3p. His flow on the subject leans more to fext's assessment as I alluded to earlier with my "Ex is uncultable mafs" comment. The jist was that normally ex would sit back and let the world get culted for a mega happy everybody wins ending but for reasons that's not the route he's going this game. This is also a route Rag often takes so from a chaotic design standpoint stopping that is the play to make. The most logical and obvious conclusion is that Ex can't be culted so that path leads to loss for him. 3p are hardly going to be cult proof candidates. So that's why thats unlikely. You may have some town that get tagged as uncultable. Typically this falls into town power roles in role light games. Maybe a lyncher variant. And probably the decoder type roles Minish mentioned. So possibilities are slim but there. Typically, however, Mafia are auto immune to culting to keep the teams integrity intact. So the most likely option for an uncultable person here would be Mafia.
logic here checks out, but I don't understand why you're just dismissing the possibility that "ex is town with a role that alludes to there being a cult and he's warning everyone about it"

I mean, somewhat unrelated, but it certainly helps with the utility of my role if there is a cult in the game, so I was grateful to Ex for pointing that out, as that was a possibility I hadn't considered.

As all very much part of the larger circle. First we establish that Rag would have experience to draw upon with benign cults to have included one in the game. From there we establish the uncultable are likely Mafia. We then further establish the player with a low probability of experience with benign cults suggesting them is in fact cult leader.

So for those keeping track at home I've already nailed down two Mafia and the cult leader. This game is EZ.
so are you trying to say that fext is cult leader lol

i am confused, all i've seen from you that are definitive statements are "caps is scum" and "ex is uncultable scum"

i have never seen this **** happen anywhere in 7+ years of playing mafia so I'm going to take it with a grain of salt and move on

I wouldn't be surprised. Half if not more of said cults are my own designs. The most recent was a broken hearts club that won by majority and removal of all promise breaking mechanics from the game (the game in question being Pinky Promise 2 which Fext and Ex were a part of that ended in simultaneous cult/town victory). So that's a few more grains to just be aware of while you're moving on.

I wouldn't be surprised. Half if not more of said cults are my own designs. The most recent was a broken hearts club that won by majority and removal of all promise breaking mechanics from the game (the game in question being Pinky Promise 2 which Fext and Ex were a part of that ended in simultaneous cult/town victory). So that's a few more grains to just be aware of while you're moving on.
huh.

I mean I guess that would make Fext's statement make more sense, so thanks for that.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
With a non-hostile cult I do think it's more likely that Mafia has to be uncultable because cult outing themselves is much less risky which means that one Mafia getting culted could easily just ends the game for scum. I don't agree that that makes you Mafia, but I definitely think that Numbers' reasoning does make some sense.
in the NGA games I played culted mafia usually gets to choose with what faction they want to win so if one goes down they still have the other
having two possible wincons is better for them so they don't have a reason to sabotage either

logic here checks out, but I don't understand why you're just dismissing the possibility that "ex is town with a role that alludes to there being a cult and he's warning everyone about it"

I mean, somewhat unrelated, but it certainly helps with the utility of my role if there is a cult in the game, so I was grateful to Ex for pointing that out, as that was a possibility I hadn't considered.

Ex departing from his standard "let's all get culted" train of thought is the key there. Something is propelling him out of that zone. If he was just a standard town that knows there's a cult role he doesn't get pushed out like that. In that scenario he comes out early sticking to his usual and suggests no lynches and offers to get culted or however he'd play the let's all get culted angle. So we eliminate that from the likely pool of possibilities. It's not impossible but we don't care what's possible, we care what's likely.

Numbers, what do you think of Minish's statement about her also confirming there to be a cult in comparison to Ex?

Thanks, buddy.
This slot is definitely cult.

Numbers, what do you think of Minish's statement about her also confirming there to be a cult in comparison to Ex?
Her post is far less aggressive than Ex's which would indicate to me shes probably definitely not on the same wave length as Ex. I would say it unpairs them as wolf-wolf unless they can't talk during the day and so she didn't have an opportunity to talk Ex out of trying to create a witch hunt. I think as scum Minish would be able to recognize the departure from standard behavior from Ex would generate some heat. I have no basis of information on how town!Minish is with the cult everybody notion and am only applying that philosophy on Ex because of his own self admission to it. So without that I can't really see the aggression as alignment telling for her in regards to actual cult threat but I do find it odd that she would confirm the cult but refrain from speaking on threat level in either direction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom