• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Radio Silence? (No New Rumors)

Jupiter

Bringer of Jollity
Why have there been no new leaks or rumors on Zelda Wii recently? :thinking:

Around the end of last year and the beginning of this one there were little tid-bits coming out all the time, and now...radio silence.

Why?

And, has anyone heard or read anything new recently?

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Personally, I'd prefer no info at all than have a bunch of awesome rumors that are later proven false, thus disappointing me. And there's probably going to be at least some new info on the game once E3 rolls around. Maybe a release date, maybe the identity of that mysterious blue figure, maybe even the concept of the story. Nobody knows.

Seamus

Pinball Wizard
^Yeah, no info would be interesting. It would raise the anticipation, and be way more exiting buying the game and playing through.

I don't want false rumors to spred, but I also want to know at least some news about the progress of the game. Nintendo should release a few hints, just to let my hunger grow up! And I can't wait to discover who the hell that blue girl, the greatest mystery in my opinion, is (I'm guessing she is the Master Sword).

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
With previous games, we've usually been given a little bit more than, say, a hint about a lack of a sword and some official art. Usually, Miyamoto lets a little bit more slip, and usually people pry a little more often.

So far the rumors, while they have lasted a while, were few. There just isn't much to go on, and it's difficult to continue speculating about the Mysterious Blue Figure when pretty much everything that can be said has been said. For a while there, there were some fake screenshots, but that spoof was so easy to spot as fake that it didn't last for more than a week or two.

Really, they're being pretty quiet this time around, so all we can do is wait for E3 or for somebody else to make another rumor.

Jupiter

Bringer of Jollity
Well...nobody wants false rumors. That's not what I'm asking.

I am asking...why nothing to whet our appetite? If they are going to show off a playable version of the game at E3 you would expect that by now we would at least be getting some screenshots...My question is: why were there sooo many leaks and hints a few months ago that suddenly stopped?

My guess is that (a) there is some sort of BIG SURPRISE they don't even want to hint at, and (b) they are very confident that what they have is good.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
I want to know absolutely NOTHING about the new game. That's how I was for most of TP and MC and it made the stories so much more exciting for me. Before, I always had some sort of info leak to me about a Zelda game, and for a green brain like mind, it completely spoils things.
SPOILERS "Zelda is Shiek, Darunia names his son after you, Skull Kid steals your horse, being a kid is only half the game, the cape helps you fly" are all examples of hints I was told about Zelda games. In TP however, the only thing I knew was that Link could turn into a wolf and heard a very light rumor that Ganondorf would make an appearance. I had no knowledge of MC. I didn't even know Zelda was in these two games! And that made the game a lot more exciting when I found out the secrets to the story.

Now for those of you who skip to the end of replies, I said I want to be completely surprised as to what goes on in the Zelda Wii.

Sparky

Crawfish Prime
I want to know absolutely NOTHING about the new game. That's how I was for most of TP and MC and it made the stories so much more exciting for me. Before, I always had some sort of info leak to me about a Zelda game, and for a green brain like mind, it completely spoils things.
SPOILERS "Zelda is Shiek, Darunia names his son after you, Skull Kid steals your horse, being a kid is only half the game, the cape helps you fly" are all examples of hints I was told about Zelda games. In TP however, the only thing I knew was that Link could turn into a wolf and heard a very light rumor that Ganondorf would make an appearance. I had no knowledge of MC. I didn't even know Zelda was in these two games! And that made the game a lot more exciting when I found out the secrets to the story.

Now for those of you who skip to the end of replies, I said I want to be completely surprised as to what goes on in the Zelda Wii.
Whilst that's a nice way to go about it, a name for the game and some hints as to gameplay would be nice.

It's all good to keep everything under wraps so everything is a surprise when you finally play it, but it's a massive waste of potential interest in the game, as rather then having it announced and getting little tidbits every once in a while keeping interest up and slowly building hype as it get's closer and closer to release, we have it announced, and then next to nothing said about it for a year, where those who aren't die hard fans of the series will be more hard pressed to be interested in it besides the whole "It's a first party Nintendo game, so it has to be somewhat good" thing it has going.

It's probably on purpose. If they're true to their word and release the game before 2010 is over, I doubt we'll see anything save a trailer at E3 and a tiny bit of gameplay footage. It's obvious that Nintendo isn't falling into the same trap they got themselves into with TP. This time they won't have fans that have been studying beta footage for three years waiting in anticipation because they've gotten so much pre-game info already. The less the fans know, the less likely they are to get hyped. The less hyped they are, the less number of people who'll hate the game just because they had the mindset it would be perfect. I am hoping to see something at E3 this year though, but I'm willing to bet that it's nothing huge and revealing along the lines of what TP got at its first E3 showing, which is for the best really.

Jupiter

Bringer of Jollity
It's probably on purpose. If they're true to their word and release the game before 2010 is over, I doubt we'll see anything save a trailer at E3 and a tiny bit of gameplay footage. It's obvious that Nintendo isn't falling into the same trap they got themselves into with TP. This time they won't have fans that have been studying beta footage for three years waiting in anticipation because they've gotten so much pre-game info already. The less the fans know, the less likely they are to get hyped. The less hyped they are, the less number of people who'll hate the game just because they had the mindset it would be perfect. I am hoping to see something at E3 this year though, but I'm willing to bet that it's nothing huge and revealing along the lines of what TP got at its first E3 showing, which is for the best really.

Well, Reggie has already said it will be released "when it's perfect", so if they didn't want us to think that they slubbered it up already.

Also, why would you want fans to be less hyped about a game?? Less excitement means less sales. More excitement means more sales...

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Well, Reggie has already said it will be released "when it's perfect", so if they didn't want us to think that they slubbered it up already.

Also, why would you want fans to be less hyped about a game?? Less excitement means less sales. More excitement means more sales...

Well, that's probably what Nintendo thought about TP. They hyped up fans big time, they ended up thinking it would be at least ten times better than OoT, and when the game was released, they were disappointed big time. Nintendo doesn't want a repeat of that so they're only releasing official information on something when they're it's entirely ready. That way, less fans will be disappointed and thus the later sales will go much better.

I feel really sorry for you if you take everything that Reggie says as fact. There's a big difference between an actual developer saying something, and Reggie saying something. Anyone who gets hyped over anything he says is just plain gullible.

Sales? Yeah, but I'm talking about the position of the fan who wants to enjoy the game. Less hype means more enjoyment for the fans. I usually DO look at things from the business standpoint, which has the only objective of making as much possible, but not this time when the next big console Zelda is involved.

Jupiter

Bringer of Jollity
I feel really sorry for you if you take everything that Reggie says as fact. There's a big difference between an actual developer saying something, and Reggie saying something. Anyone who gets hyped over anything he says is just plain gullible.

Ummmmnn. No. :shake:

I'm not saying I think that it's actually going to be "perfect". I am saying that Reggie said it was going to be "perfect", so your point that they don't want to hype the game or build it up is bunk. I "really feel sorry for you" if you had trouble understanding my simple sentence.

It's not a "fact" that what he says will be so, but it is a fact that he said it, no? :S

Also, I understand that you don't want to be disappointed. But really, you're already hoping it will be really good, and will be disappointed if it's not anyway.

I also find it hard to believe that many people don't want to find out more about the game. Do you really think people don't want to see screenshots or learn about what the game is going to be like? Are any of you going to actually ignore them if they come out? If so, do you really think this is what most people will do? Did you ignore the concept art or tidbits that have already been leaked from Nintendo? Did most fans of the series?

No.

Jupiter said:
I'm not saying I think that it's actually going to be "perfect". I am saying that Reggie said it was going to be "perfect", so your point that they don't want to hype the game or build it up is bunk. I "really feel sorry for you" if you had trouble understanding my simple sentence.

No. Read my post again. I said what developers actually say and release is far from what the USA head says about anything. Reggie has pretty much nothing to do with anything at this point, so people shouldn't believe him. People don't believe him, and people don't get hyped. It'd be way different if Miyamoto came out and said it would be perfect, but he didn't. Reggie isn't so deeply involved in the development of the game that he knows it's going to be perfect.

Jupiter said:
Also, I understand that you don't want to be disappointed. But really, you're already hoping it will be really good, and will be disappointed if it's not anyway.

Hoping something will be good if FAR from seeing beta footage three years in advance, waiting in anticipation as delay after delay was announced after said footage had long been released, and believing it to be on a god pedestal because it had been that way for so long. By your way of thinking, if I ever just hope a game will be fun to play, I'm already setting up myself for disappointment. That's pretty depressing, and not at all true.

Jupiter said:
I also find it hard to believe that many people don't want to find out more about the game. Do you really think people don't want to see screenshots or learn about what the game is going to be like? Are any of you going to actually ignore them if they come out? If so, do you really think this is what most people will do? Did you ignore the concept art or tidbits that have already been leaked from Nintendo? Did most fans of the series?

No.

I'm guessing you weren't available for the hype TP brought. The answer to all of your tied-in questions is simple: We don't want it to be like last time. We had all of that stuff before, in greater detail. We had trailers and screenshots galore, and we loved it. Hell yeah we want to know. But guess what? It was too much. We got what we wanted, but it was ultimately bad for us. The game couldn't live up to said previews, which lead many fans to disappointment. So do fans want the info? Yeah. But do fans want it to be like last time where it ruined an otherwise great game for most of us?

No.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom