• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Races Limitations+Missing Sage

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
There is little information telling us exactly how the Kokiri die if they leave the forest. As many people have already stated, it is likely that monsters will kill them. There is also another theory that they just start aging if they leave the forest.

just because the kokiri never age doesnt mean they never die. i would assume that they still die after they reach a certain age (although they dont look that age), but you do have a good theory here. i believe that if they leave the forest its more likely that monsters kill them than it is likely that they just age to death really fast.

Don't know about Zoras, never heard that in the game, as far as I can remember anyway. But even if it is true, it could simply be that they only left the water for a short time to party.

the Zora can leave the water. in the Zora domain in OoT there are plenty of them that are not in the water but just standing around it. also, when Link turns into a Zora in MM he can walk around on land as long as he wants. i hope this answers questions on whether Zora can leave water or not.

As for Rauru, he was always trapped in the Sacred Realm. He never left it once, except when he appeared in Ganon's Castle (and I believe that he wasn't actually there, I think it was just some image of him that he created.) As for him being Kaepora Gaebora... I highly doubt it. The Gossip Stone stated that the owl was a reincarnation of an ANCIENT sage. Rauru doesn't strike me as ancient.

i also dont believe the owl is Rauru. that would have been explained in the game somehow. as for how ancient Rauru is, we dont know how old is he is or if he even ages as a sage so he could very well be ancient but i still dont believe he is the owl.

DvSag

The Void in the Triforce
Pulling the Master Sword, meeting Rauru

He says he IS an ancient sage, so since we have no other information on a single other ancient sage, I, for one, believe that Kaepora Gaebora is Rauru. It's hard to assume that old KG is someone we've never met before, but then again we can't really be sure.

That's what I love about Zelda, everything is hinted at and insinuated, but most things are never actually revealed. One of the few game series to date that actually makes you think.

just because the kokiri never age doesnt mean they never die. i would assume that they still die after they reach a certain age (although they dont look that age), but you do have a good theory here. i believe that if they leave the forest its more likely that monsters kill them than it is likely that they just age to death really fast.
Possibly. That's not generally how you see it done in fiction, though, and I don't personally find it too likely. I think they'd either stay young forever and be immortal, or age extremely slowly. That's just me though.

the Zora can leave the water. in the Zora domain in OoT there are plenty of them that are not in the water but just standing around it. also, when Link turns into a Zora in MM he can walk around on land as long as he wants. i hope this answers questions on whether Zora can leave water or not.
Yeah... I was skeptical of that being true or not, I was just offering possible explanations if it were true. But for the record, he was saying that Zora couldn't leave water for long. In Zora's Domain, they were standing out of water, but were very near it, so theoretically it could still be true (with Zora Link being because they had to make it that way for you to be able to play.) I don't believe it personally. I see little evidence suggesting that Zora can't leave water for very long.

DvSag said:
He says he IS an ancient sage, so since we have no other information on a single other ancient sage, I, for one, believe that Kaepora Gaebora is Rauru. It's hard to assume that old KG is someone we've never met before, but then again we can't really be sure.

That's what I love about Zelda, everything is hinted at and insinuated, but most things are never actually revealed. One of the few game series to date that actually makes you think.
Hm, I guess you're right there. But the Gossip Stone indicates that the owl is a reincarnation of the sage. To me, it didn't seem that Rauru was dead. He didn't have a physical form, it seemed (it didn't seem like any of the Sages did,) but he wasn't dead. At least from what I could see.

I suppose it's possible, but I personally doubt it greatly.

Yeah, I do find that interesting myself. ^^ Because of that, I'm not usually one to believe too strongly in anything that isn't specifically stated.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
He says he IS an ancient sage, so since we have no other information on a single other ancient sage, I, for one, believe that Kaepora Gaebora is Rauru.

also remember that before the 6 (or 7) other sages were awakened there had to have been sages before them. if new sages needed to be awakened then that means there were old ones that died so the owl could easily be one of the ancient sages that get replaced by the new sages.

DvSag

The Void in the Triforce
Hmmm... I wasn't aware that the Gossip Stone used the term "reincarnation". Thanks for that tidbit AtB.

Unless KG is the physical form of Rauru, while the Rauru you meet in the Chamber of Sages is just his spirit then... then... uhhh... nah, nevermind. I'm convinced it's a sage we've never met before. It's odd that we don't know who he is, but do you think we have ever met him before in a previous game? Or that we'll ever meet him in future games?

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Hmmm... I wasn't aware that the Gossip Stone used the term "reincarnation". Thanks for that tidbit AtB.

Unless KG is the physical form of Rauru, while the Rauru you meet in the Chamber of Sages is just his spirit then... then... uhhh... nah, nevermind. I'm convinced it's a sage we've never met before. It's odd that we don't know who he is, but do you think we have ever met him before in a previous game? Or that we'll ever meet him in future games?

couldnt have met him in a previous game. OoT is supposedly the first game with the exception of some people putting MC first and even then no sages were in MC so unless they make a game that takes place before OoT and relates directly to OoT we may never meet the sage its supposed to be.

UsayEldaZay

Designed with you in mind
THIS SHOULD'VE BEEN MARKED AS A SPOILER :X

ERRRRGGGG now I know what happens!! -Sheilds eyes-
:( :( :(

I just think that the sages can leave because they are some what immortal now to the little rules that applied to them before. They are sages, and sages can do anything!

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
THIS SHOULD'VE BEEN MARKED AS A SPOILER :X

ERRRRGGGG now I know what happens!! -Sheilds eyes-
:( :( :(

I just think that the sages can leave because they are some what immortal now to the little rules that applied to them before. They are sages, and sages can do anything!

The fact that they have to rely on a teenager/kid to save the world and the fact that previous sages were killed by Ganondorf is a pretty good indicator that the sages CAN'T do whatever they want.

Well, let's go by parts.

1. The kokiri can leave the forest, as we see in the end of OoT. Also there is a hidden gossip stone behind the GDT that says a kokiri has left the forest already and is still alive.

2. The zoras can live out of water. One stood in front of Death Mountain during most of TP after all.

3. IDK about Rauru. He never left the SR during OoT. I don's see why he would do it in the end...

N

Neon

I'd say Zoras can't stay out of water for too long... but it's not like they would stay out of water too long. Besides, you could always just pour a pale of water over them.

UsayEldaZay

Designed with you in mind
This still should be marked as a spoiler!! Anyways, the sages can do anything within reason. No they can't save Hyrule because that's LINK'S job. He's the Hero! The sages are only immortal to those ''little rules'' like leaving the sacred realm or where ever. I don't have a full explanation but I think in Rauru's situation, he just waited until Link saved Hyrule and then had a little party :). But I think Smertio's reasoning is most accurate.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
I'd say Zoras can't stay out of water for too long... but it's not like they would stay out of water too long. Besides, you could always just pour a pale of water over them.

In MM, Link can walk around on land all he wants as a Zora. It has been said thats probably just for gameplay purposes but lets keep in mind that it has NEVER been stated anywhere that they can only leave water for a short while so with that in mind and the fact that Zora Link could walk around on land, I would say they can leave water all they want.

This still should be marked as a spoiler!! Anyways, the sages can do anything within reason. No they can't save Hyrule because that's LINK'S job. He's the Hero! The sages are only immortal to those ''little rules'' like leaving the sacred realm or where ever. I don't have a full explanation but I think in Rauru's situation, he just waited until Link saved Hyrule and then had a little party :). But I think Smertio's reasoning is most accurate.

I don't see how you can think that they can do whatever they want when they rely on a mortal to save the world. I understand you think that they dont do it because its Links job, but they do VERY little to help him out. They give him medallions that literally serve no purpose in the game.

I think Rauru can not leave the temple, I also think the Kokirir just always thought they couldn't leave because those who do never return. Also as to MC being before OoT I dont see why not, as far as I know it was stated that OoT was first when it was released. No reason why they can't make an eariler one afterwards.

C

Caleb, Of Asui

In MM, Link can walk around on land all he wants as a Zora. It has been said thats probably just for gameplay purposes but lets keep in mind that it has NEVER been stated anywhere that they can only leave water for a short while so with that in mind and the fact that Zora Link could walk around on land, I would say they can leave water all they want.

You make a very good point. There isn't anywhere in the game that says Zoras can't be out of water for long. I've always thought they could be wherever they want, in or out of water. Maybe it's reasonable to say that being out of water for a very long period of time wouldn't be very good for a Zora, but it's not going to kill it for a long while.

As for Kokiris, I'm of the opinion (though haven't always been, like with the Zoras) that they don't immediately die when they leave the forest, but it makes it possible for them to be able to die and die eventually. I'm not going to say whether that makes them grow up or not. The Kokiris are seen at the big party thing during the Adult Link ending, but the Koroks in The Wind Waker don't seem to have any trace of having grown up.

Maybe Zora area are like dolphins and whales, the can only be under water for a certain amount of time. granted a long time at that though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom