• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Races Limitations+Missing Sage

Didn't the Ocarina of Time manual say that Zora "are capable of venturing out of the water for short periods of time" or something very close to that? Anyway, I'd think the problem wouldn't be breathing so much as just drying out. Which may take a couple of days (or more, depending on the awesomeness and/or importance to the plot of a given zora).

And from the "I may be remembering this completely wrong" file: Wasn't Ralis in trouble in TP partially because he was far from the nearest water source, so they took him to Kakariko to be near the Goron hot springs and the watery Zora graveyard? (Of course, Renado the medicine man was a deciding factor, but you know what I mean.)

A

Avia Rayne

1. My brother and I developed this theory on the Kokiris back in 1998 when we first got OoT: They turn into the Stalchildren out in Hyrule field when they leave the forest. I don't know where we got that theory (it's been like, 11 years, and I was just a 4th grader then!!) but I think it partially came from the Kokiri girl during the trading quest that gives you the Poacher's Saw for the Odd Mushroom. She said that those that get lost, turn into Stalfos, or something like that. I know she was most likely talking about Hylians, but since the Kokiri are an enchanted race created by the Deku Tree, maybe when they leave the forest, they turn into monsters too because they are lost? Also, I think the red-haired Kokiri boy near the exit of Kokiri Forest says something about leaving the forest when Child Link leaves...I'll check it the next time I play OoT just to be sure.

2. The Zora Question: I really believe they can be away from water for how ever much they want. Even though you always see them in water, I think they work more like frogs instead of fish. I also believe that Ralis wasn't injured from being away from water, but because Zora's Domain was attacked by the Twilit Messengers in TP. I believe that was the same time his mother was killed. I'm pretty sure Telma said something like that, but it would help him out if he was near water. I could be wrong on that too, but that's what I remember.

3. Is KG really Rauru? I don't think so. To me, it seems like they are completely different sages. I mean, Rauru was all too happy to inform Link about his destiny and his place in this world. I would think that when Rauru was telling Link about his sagehood, he would have mentioned something like, "I knew you were the one when I saw you leave the forest" or something like that. Can't guarantee it, but it seems like that's a running theme with the Zelda games. Zelda revealed herself as Sheik in OoT, King of Red Lions revealed himself as Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule in WW, Midna revealed herself (sorta) at the end of TP that she was the Princess of the Twilight. Even if Rauru didn't mention it when Link first woke in the Sacred Realm, if he was KG, I really believe he would have said something in his last meeting with Link at the Desert Collossus after he claimed the Silver Gauntlets.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
1. My brother and I developed this theory on the Kokiris back in 1998 when we first got OoT: They turn into the Stalchildren out in Hyrule field when they leave the forest. I don't know where we got that theory (it's been like, 11 years, and I was just a 4th grader then!!) but I think it partially came from the Kokiri girl during the trading quest that gives you the Poacher's Saw for the Odd Mushroom. She said that those that get lost, turn into Stalfos, or something like that. I know she was most likely talking about Hylians, but since the Kokiri are an enchanted race created by the Deku Tree, maybe when they leave the forest, they turn into monsters too because they are lost? Also, I think the red-haired Kokiri boy near the exit of Kokiri Forest says something about leaving the forest when Child Link leaves...I'll check it the next time I play OoT just to be sure.

At the end of OoT, during the credits when everyone is celebrating, there are Kokiri people who are celebrating outside of the forest. They can travel outside of the forest.

The most obvious and simple of all theories is that when they leave the forest they age like any normal person. With that in mind, if they left the forest for a few hours or days then they wouldn't really be affected but if they were away from the forest for years then they would show obvious changes.

3. Is KG really Rauru? I don't think so. To me, it seems like they are completely different sages. I mean, Rauru was all too happy to inform Link about his destiny and his place in this world. I would think that when Rauru was telling Link about his sagehood, he would have mentioned something like, "I knew you were the one when I saw you leave the forest" or something like that. Can't guarantee it, but it seems like that's a running theme with the Zelda games. Zelda revealed herself as Sheik in OoT, King of Red Lions revealed himself as Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule in WW, Midna revealed herself (sorta) at the end of TP that she was the Princess of the Twilight. Even if Rauru didn't mention it when Link first woke in the Sacred Realm, if he was KG, I really believe he would have said something in his last meeting with Link at the Desert Collossus after he claimed the Silver Gauntlets.

One of the gossip stones tells you that KG is a reincarnation of an ancient sage. That means that he is a dead sage. Rauru is still alive, so he is not KG.

A

Avia Rayne

At the end of OoT, during the credits when everyone is celebrating, there are Kokiri people who are celebrating outside of the forest. They can travel outside of the forest.

The most obvious and simple of all theories is that when they leave the forest they age like any normal person. With that in mind, if they left the forest for a few hours or days then they wouldn't really be affected but if they were away from the forest for years then they would show obvious changes.

You could always say that the Deku Tree never wanted them to leave the forest, but since he died and was reborn as a completely different tree that the "leaving the forest" curse was lifted by him. This is why speculation is bad, because no one nows for sure.

2. The Zora Question: I really believe they can be away from water for how ever much they want. Even though you always see them in water, I think they work more like frogs instead of fish. I also believe that Ralis wasn't injured from being away from water, but because Zora's Domain was attacked by the Twilit Messengers in TP. I believe that was the same time his mother was killed. I'm pretty sure Telma said something like that, but it would help him out if he was near water. I could be wrong on that too, but that's what I remember.

That's about how I remember it. Being away from water wasn't the cause of his injury/illness, but it was making it worse. One of these days I'll play through it again to be sure.

The most obvious and simple of all theories is that when [Kokiri]leave the forest they age like any normal person. With that in mind, if they left the forest for a few hours or days then they wouldn't really be affected but if they were away from the forest for years then they would show obvious changes.

Makes sense to me.

I did always wonder how they got to be ten-or-twelve-looking, though. Does the anti-aging thing just kick in at a certain age? If not, it should have been pretty obvious to them that Link wasn't one of them, since they watched him grow from a baby into a kid.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
I did always wonder how they got to be ten-or-twelve-looking, though. Does the anti-aging thing just kick in at a certain age? If not, it should have been pretty obvious to them that Link wasn't one of them, since they watched him grow from a baby into a kid.

I think they all assumed he wasn't a kokiri anyway because he never had a fairy. Even then, maybe they don't even know how they get way. The GDT could have told them he is a kokiri and not knowing how they were created they could just assume that Link's being a baby is how they were created.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom