• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Races Limitations+Missing Sage

MOS3

Agent Of Chaos
In OoT we're told that the Zoras can only leave the water for a short period of time, and that the Kokiris can not leave the forest, yet in ending sequence they're both partying at Lon Lon Ranch...what's going on there. Shouldn't the Kokiris have died the moment they left the forest? same with the Zoras.

Also, anyone knows why Rauru is not with the rest of the sages in that same sequence?:hmm:

I don't know for the first part. Maybe they had to stay at home all because of evil.
So maybe evil was gone when Ganondorf was sealed! (Sucks, I know)

But I guess Raaru is at the Sacred Realm, watching over Ganondorf.

S

Shawnogohma

I think everyone else left the sacred realm was because they were relieved of their duty as sages, because Ganondorf was sealed away. They went on to live their lives like normal. (That might explain why the sages in TP are different. Or wait, aren't those sages protecting something different?)

Zeldafreak might be right on why Rauru stayed, though.

Pinecove

Last Chance
1. The kokiri might die from monsters if they leave the forest, not some magical force. Kokiri's can leave the forest.
2. Quote about the Zoras?
3. Rauru is either as people in this thread have said, watching Ganondorf, or he is Kaypora Gaybora in the ending.

S

Shawnogohma

Kaypora Gaybora
lol

And maybe the Kokori would die after a certain period of time of being away from the forest, same with the Zora. They probably partied for a couple of hours then went home before they died.

Amelie

Air Dancer
Hmm. I never thought about this before. I just thought they were doing something cute for the ending ^^

But it might be like others said.. the Kokiri might have been safe because all the monsters were gone.. but it kind of makes it sound like they just cant leave the forest. I am really not sure. And I dont remember hearing about the Zoras not being able to leave water. Is there a link to something that explains that?

Its not really that the Kokiri "can't" leave, its just that they are protected if they stay there. Leaving makes them vulnerable to creatures which otherwise couldn't enter the Kokiri Forest. Thats the whole reason Link was taken there by his mother at a young age.

The Zora's, well, I don't really remember ever hearing they couldn't leave the water for too long. I guess being a fish would do that to ya, but this ending sequence wouldn't be the only time that theory has been contradicted. Zora's such as the shop owner in Zora's Domain never go anywhere. Then you gotta think about Majora's Mask. As Zora Link, you were never damaged for staying out of the water. And its not like they had forgotten or ignored weaknesses of the races in MM either, cause remember what happend when you went into water as Goron Link?

I always believed Rauru was Kaepora Gaebora. There is a spiritual stone that said something about him being a reincarnated sage, and seeing as how we know who all the other sages are, the good ole owl is the only one left. By the way, you can find this spiritual stone in the Sacred Forest Meadow.

S

Shawnogohma

Uh, they aren't Spiritual Stones. They're Gossip Stones.

And I doubt Kaepora Gaebora was Rauru. There isn't enough proof showing that he is. He might be one of the previous Sages before Rauru, or maybe he's the sage of something else.

Well, my thoughts on the Kokiri not being able to leave the forest: I think that if they left, they'd just begin aging. Under the protection of the Deku tree, they do not age whatsoever, but if they left, he wouldn't be able to render them ageless. My guess is the Deku tree told them they could not leave the forest, because he was afraid they would grow old and leave forever.
And I don't remember anything about Zoras not being able to stay out of water for very long. There are several that don't go in water at all for the time that we see them, such as Lu Lu (I think) in MM (the singer of the Indigo-gos).
About Rauru... well... possibly he's protected from aging, like the Kokiri, when in the Temple of Light. It's a possibility.
And no, I highly doubt he's one and the same as Kaepora Gaebora. I mean, 'reincarnated' sage means that he'd have to have died and become an owl, which is not possible as he was present when Ganondorf was finally sealed away.

MOS3

Agent Of Chaos
mmm I was pretty sure that at some point in the game it was mentioned that Zoras couldn't leave for long periods of time. I might be mistaken though :(
And I don't think the sages went on living normal lives after all that....they do go to Death Mountain as ...how to say it......shooting stars......that doesn't look normal to me. I think they stay as sages for as long as they live....since they were sages before they knew it (they all "awaken" as a sage remember?)

bellum

Gamer since age 2
check here to find out , who knows it may answer your question. but I guess kokiris can only stay out of the forest for a certain amount of time and that they must return in that time period or they're toast.

Well, the Kokiri thing is fairly easy to explain. It may not be a case of "If you go out, you will die because the magic in the forest keeps you alive.", it's probably just the fact that they're innocent children who don't know how to protect themselves.

I don't remember anything being said in OoT about the Zoras not surviving out of water for long periods of time. It's true in TP, though, which is rather odd, and something I can't explain. Did they evolve somehow? Any ideas?

And yeah, Rauru probably had some Sage of Light business to attend to.

bellum

Gamer since age 2
I think that the kokiri couldn't leave the forest beacause Ganon put a curse on them,since link got rid of Ganondorf, the curse was lifted,therefore kokiriri's can now leave the forest, very simple, aye.

I guess Rauru's not a party animal like the rest of 'em;)

Chris

It has been awhile...
There has never been a quote from the game that says that the Zora cannot leave the water for a certain amount of time. Think about it this way, Zora Link could stay out of water for up to three days and probably even longer if the Menacing Moon wasn't a problem.

As for the Kokiri, they can leave, but they arn't protected from creatures any more (From Darklink01). So, they could leave the forest since all the evil was defeated and there was absolutely no danger. This would easily explain why there are Kokiri at the party.

I hope this helps you a bit with the thread.

There is little information telling us exactly how the Kokiri die if they leave the forest. As many people have already stated, it is likely that monsters will kill them. There is also another theory that they just start aging if they leave the forest.

Don't know about Zoras, never heard that in the game, as far as I can remember anyway. But even if it is true, it could simply be that they only left the water for a short time to party.

As for Rauru, he was always trapped in the Sacred Realm. He never left it once, except when he appeared in Ganon's Castle (and I believe that he wasn't actually there, I think it was just some image of him that he created.) As for him being Kaepora Gaebora... I highly doubt it. The Gossip Stone stated that the owl was a reincarnation of an ANCIENT sage. Rauru doesn't strike me as ancient.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom