• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Raccoon City Mafia (Game Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirino

Tatakae
It's unusual, but not that unlikely for there to be two third parties, one independent and the other hostile. The idea that Echo is scum or even the Godfather (as Ex suggested) is something I have a very hard time believing, because claiming third party so early while knowing there was another would be a very bold and risky move, not least because the obvious role she was softing (survivor) could very well exist and potentially counterclaim. Even if Echo was willing to take that risk, her scumbuds would have likely dissuaded her. I figure that she's the survivor, presumably a one-shot bulletproof one, in which case we shouldn't lynch her.

As for Ex, if he were scum, it would make zero sense for him to fake claim like this simply in order to lynch Echo, regardless of whether she's third party or mafia. I have a strong town read on him.

I'm think it's likely that SMS is telling the truth, and the points funnier made about backup being a very risky fake claim and Namira being unlikely to give fake claims helped convince me. I wouldn't completely exonerate him yet, but I see no good way to test his claim, and as it stands, there's obviously no sense in lynching him.

That leaves the following as people to look at today:
Morbid Minish
Doc
Poyzin
Zachie
Soneji
Mellow Ezlo

I'm the most suspicious of Minish out of these. Not only is she the only suspect I have left from Day 1 (Johnny flipping third-party and SMS being semi-confirmed), but she suspected both Ex and me in ways that I found shallow and opportunistic. If I had to choose a lynch target now, it'd be her.

Vote: Minish

I don't have any particularly strong thoughts on the others, mostly because I still have to reread and actually examine their posts. I plan on coming in with reads on them later.

I also feel weird about him saying he didn't buy my claim but in the end believed it and voted Johnny.
I said that I wasn't quite convinced by it, but also that if it was true, it would be too important to lynch. I'd already stated previously that I'd be willing to go for Johnny, and once he came up as a legitimate wagon (as opposed to Ex, who I was not in favor of lynching), I switched my vote.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I said that I wasn't quite convinced by it, but also that if it was true, it would be too important to lynch. I'd already stated previously that I'd be willing to go for Johnny, and once he came up as a legitimate wagon (as opposed to Ex, who I was not in favor of lynching), I switched my vote.
I do recall you saying that now that I think back.

Certain things about Ex and Echo don't add up though, like Echo claiming she was specifically told who tried killing her - do you think that's reasonable info a Survivor would be told? Also Ex wording his alignment info the way it doesn't legitimately appear based on my Role PM.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
You said looking at yours it appears as "Stars/Not Umbrella", correct?
Well, I'd assume so
I wouldn't know because I'm assuming I can't ask specific wording to the host since it would just be a fancy way to ask about your role

I know I'd appear as a positive result for town unless something tampered with it, which is what I tried to say in that post

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Well, I'd assume so
I wouldn't know because I'm assuming I can't ask specific wording to the host since it would just be a fancy way to ask about your role

I know I'd appear as a positive result for town unless something tampered with it, which is what I tried to say in that post
I'm not talking hypothetical, if you look at your own PM what does it say?

Kirino

Tatakae
Certain things about Ex and Echo don't add up though, like Echo claiming she was specifically told who tried killing her - do you think that's reasonable info a Survivor would be told? Also Ex wording his alignment info the way it doesn't legitimately appear based on my Role PM.

I think Echo being told who targeted her is admittedly pretty weird, but there seem to be multiple weird roles this game, like Queen of the Mold and Investigator. Though I'm not completely sure whether these are different roles or just different names for the same roles. It does make me somewhat less confident in accepting her claim, though not enough to want to lynch her given the reasons I brought up last post.

As for Ex, while it's strange for him to say he would only "likely" turn up STARS, his explanation (potential framers/millers) seems decent enough, and I don't see why he'd say that as scum. His use of "STARS/not Umbrella" indeed doesn't fit the town PM format, but that could just be because he hasn't read it carefully. I couldn't have told you exactly what my own PM said either without checking just now.

Regardless, there's no sense in having him claim. He's already softed his role as blatantly as he could and I don't see much reason to suspect him overall. Even if he's wrong about Echo, that would just make him wrong, not necessarily scum. If I really had to pick between the two, I would sooner go after Echo, since even in the likely event she flips Survivor, not much would be lost. By contrast, I'd rather not lynch the Vig (which I think is clearly what he softed) if we can help it.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
It seems worth asking @Namira about this.
If you mean in-thread, no. He can't deny or confirm questions like these.
As for me, in my case I know where each stuff is in my role PM, and poking that is borderline, if not already, character softing.
There isn't any need for clarification.

Yall should be using the time analyzing the night events and discussing D1 stuff instead of worrying about role PM semantics.
so you think I'm scum, that decided to kill a 3p
and then openly claimed it

despite funnier clearly being dead and noone claiming it or counterclaiming me
I find truly hard to believe everyone is getting paranoid as SMS and ignoring these.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom